HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
    One thing I have just noticed. I set up a couple more devices on my account yesterday (Android tablets). They showed up on my Pushover client on my phone, I had messages that new clients had been added. I have set up a few events now to send Pushover messages, but noticed when trying to select the clients to send it to in my event only my phone shows up, not the 2 newly added tablets
    Did you manually add them to the Pushover plug-in on the configuration page?
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

No I didn't I did not know I had to I have added them manually. I have done that now and they've all showing up and I tested with one of them and it's working so I'm pretty sure it will work with the others too. I looked at the pushover website but didn't think to have another look at the plug in which i should have....

Comment

I want to send a pushover message in an event, but with a 35 minute delay. In my event, after 35 minutes the hot water boost turns off, sends a text to speech message to my tablet, and I also want to send a pushover message to know it has been turned off. There is no possibility to specify a delay, how can I do that (I know I could write a seperate event depending on the state of the switch but I dont want to do that unless its the only way)
        Attached Files

Comment

Use the event action to wait? Somewhere before the second pushover message. Don't know if an event sitting around for 35 minutes is great but that is the only way I can think to do it.

Comment

I want to send a pushover message in an event, but with a 35 minute delay. In my event, after 35 minutes the hot water boost turns off, sends a text to speech message to my tablet, and I also want to send a pushover message to know it has been turned off. There is no possibility to specify a delay, how can I do that (I know I could write a seperate event depending on the state of the switch but I dont want to do that unless its the only way)
            The best (easiest and most reliable) way I can see to do what you want is to put the last two actions in a manually triggered event, then run that event from the primary event using a 35 minute delay. You could use a "Wait" within the event, but I don't recommend using wait actions for more than a few seconds.

Comment

After looking at your event further, it would be best to put the last five actions in a separate delayed event, but you have a problem in those actions. You are turning a device off, then in the next action you are turning the same device off after a 35 minute delay. It seems to me you would want to remove the fifth action, then put the other four in a delayed event.

Comment

Thats exactly what I have done, put them in a seperate event, which is triggered with a 35 minute delay from the first event. I thought about the wait action, but as you said as well I wasnt sure if it was a good idea.
                In general, wait for a long time is not great, but a delayed action is ok or better ?

Comment

Thats exactly what I have done, put them in a seperate event, which is triggered with a 35 minute delay from the first event. I thought about the wait action, but as you said as well I wasnt sure if it was a good idea.
                  In general, wait for a long time is not great, but a delayed action is ok or better ?
                  A "Wait" basically leaves the event thread hanging out there in a paused state, where a delayed event or delayed device action creates a fresh separate event with a specific trigger time and allows the primary event thread to end. The delayed event deletes itself after running. I personally don't like the idea of having a "running" event just sitting around twiddling its thumbs for 35 minutes.

Comment

Piping Dynamic Message Body via an event

Is there a way to have a message body and subject piped into Pushover dynamically?

I want to set up notifications for several separate devices and have the notifications disabled if I am home or if the alarm system is armed in the Stay mode.

For example say I trigger on a zone open, call the event and have it check if the alarm system is on and if it is then send the data through PO.

It would be much more efficient to have one called event that could check time, alarm state etc and execute a PO if the conditions are met, rather than code the conditions into multiple zone open and zone tamper events.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitar View Post
                      Is there a way to have a message body and subject piped into Pushover dynamically?

I want to set up notifications for several separate devices and have the notifications disabled if I am home or if the alarm system is armed in the Stay mode.

For example say I trigger on a zone open, call the event and have it check if the alarm system is on and if it is then send the data through PO.

It would be much more efficient to have one called event that could check time, alarm state etc and execute a PO if the conditions are met, rather than code the conditions into multiple zone open and zone tamper events.
                      It would be nigh on impossible to add functions to the plugin to check conditions before sending a message, it would be many many hours of work for me and the types of conditions fairly user specific.

I mean you can disable the sending of messages if you wish if you have the devices that have been created try the plugin, that will stop all messages being sent.

Failing that if you wanted you could write a script that did the checking for you and sent the message...

Comment

include a device value in message ?

I am sending a pushover message when my rain device shows a value > 0
                        I would like to include that value in the message, is that possible ?

Comment

I am sending a pushover message when my rain device shows a value > 0
                          I would like to include that value in the message, is that possible ?
                          Pretty much all the fields support replacement variables so you can include the device value using one of those here - http://www.homeseer.com/support/home..._variables.htm

Fourth page of the documentation at the bottom shows an example of it if you are struggling.

Comment

Pushover 3P Application Messages Remaining?

Question. How do I get the device "Pushover 3P Application Messages Remaining" to countdown remaining messages for the month?

I apologize in advance if the answer is in this thread, I searched the thread but could not find anything.

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by AutomatedJim View Post
                              Question. How do I get the device "Pushover 3P Application Messages Remaining" to countdown remaining messages for the month?

I apologize in advance if the answer is in this thread, I searched the thread but could not find anything.

Thanks,

Jim
                              Not your fault this one, looks like Pushover added an extra header in the response when you send a message so the plugin was looking in the wrong place and picking out an incorrect header, seems to have stopped working a couple of days ago. Can you try the new version (.25) in the first post, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                                Not your fault this one, looks like Pushover added an extra header in the response when you send a message so the plugin was looking in the wrong place and picking out an incorrect header, seems to have stopped working a couple of days ago. Can you try the new version (.25) in the first post, thanks.
                                There was a change, but not updating.

The message count is blank instead of 7500 messages. The 'Last Change' field is updating where as with .024 it was on the date that I installed the plugin, 8/12.

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Working...
                                X