HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AutomatedJim View Post
    I went a step further before posting, shutdown HS3 and rebooted the Pi3 this morning.

This is what is in the log:

Code:
    [COLOR=#000000]Nov-20 09:17:05  [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Pushover 3P [/COLOR]  [COLOR=#000000] Attempting to produce a client/group list... [/COLOR]      [COLOR=#FF0000] 
    Nov-20 09:17:05  [/COLOR][COLOR=#FF0000]Pushover 3P [/COLOR]  [COLOR=#FF0000] Error In SoundLoad: Error: NameResolutionFailure [/COLOR]      [COLOR=#000000] 
    Nov-20 09:17:04  [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Pushover 3P [/COLOR]  [COLOR=#000000] Downloading sounds from Pushover
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Nov-20 09:17:02  [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Pushover 3P [/COLOR]  [COLOR=#000000] Plugin Starting - Starting Thread[/COLOR]
    The funny thing is, messages continue to work with the selected sound, I just can't program new ones or change the sound on ones already set and working.

Thanks,

Jim
    Virtually all of the data on the net about NameResolutionFailure seems to point at Mono/Xamarin issues, as you are running Linux I have just loaded up my Ubuntu VM and checked the plugin and it appears to work just fine there so I'm at a loss. The error is apparently where the device has issues translating the domain name into an IP address. It's odd that it can't decipher the address for the Pushover sounds (https://api.pushover.net/1/sounds.json?token=(your app token)) but manages to get the messages through at the similar address of https://api.pushover.net/1/messages.json

I'm at a loss at the minute (and a couple of the internet posts about it also get a bit stuck), it wouldn't be good if I hard coded an IP address in there although I could look at adding an over ride. If it still works for other people on Raspberry Pi Linux (works fine on my Linux) however it would point to something wrong with your particular setup.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
      Virtually all of the data on the net about NameResolutionFailure seems to point at Mono/Xamarin issues, as you are running Linux I have just loaded up my Ubuntu VM and checked the plugin and it appears to work just fine there so I'm at a loss. The error is apparently where the device has issues translating the domain name into an IP address. It's odd that it can't decipher the address for the Pushover sounds (https://api.pushover.net/1/sounds.json?token=(your app token)) but manages to get the messages through at the similar address of https://api.pushover.net/1/messages.json

I'm at a loss at the minute (and a couple of the internet posts about it also get a bit stuck), it wouldn't be good if I hard coded an IP address in there although I could look at adding an over ride. If it still works for other people on Raspberry Pi Linux (works fine on my Linux) however it would point to something wrong with your particular setup.
      Well now that you mention Mono, I updated Mono from v3 to Mono JIT compiler version 4.6.1 a couple weekends ago.

If you could hardcode the IP address and then on the Pushover config page put a dropdown or checkbox to select between DNS and the hardcoded IP address that would be great.

I will try downgrading my Mono version next weekend to v4.2.x.

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Well now that you mention Mono, I updated Mono from v3 to Mono JIT compiler version 4.6.1 a couple weekends ago.

If you could hardcode the IP address and then on the Pushover config page put a dropdown or checkbox to select between DNS and the hardcoded IP address that would be great.

I will try downgrading my Mono version next weekend to v4.2.x.

Thanks,

Jim
        Okay, I just restarted the plugin only and it retrieved all the sounds perfectly.

I then rebooted the entire system and it retrieved all the sounds...

Don't know if this was just a one off or what. I'll let you know if I run in to it again before you make any changes.

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Okay, I just restarted the plugin only and it retrieved all the sounds perfectly.

I then rebooted the entire system and it retrieved all the sounds...

Don't know if this was just a one off or what. I'll let you know if I run in to it again before you make any changes.

Thanks,

Jim
          OK please do let me know, I'll leave it alone for the moment but from what I have read it seems to be an issue that causes issue for some, goes away then might come back. I'll see about upgrading my VM to the newer version of Mono and see what happens.

Comment

OK please do let me know, I'll leave it alone for the moment but from what I have read it seems to be an issue that causes issue for some, goes away then might come back. I'll see about upgrading my VM to the newer version of Mono and see what happens.
            Keep in mind if you are updating Mono from 3.x to 4.x you will loose all your event triggers and need to rebuild all events from scratch. I assume it is a DEV box.

Comment

Comment

Just ran into this looking into the PushoverConf.ini and ini.bak

[Settings]
                UsrKey=uc**************************k7
                eInterval=60
                eExpiry=300
                [APITokens]
                =a6**************************f4

Comment

I get the following trying to add the application in the plugin

Nov-21 10:58:33 AM Pushover 3P Application Verification Failed
                  Nov-21 10:58:33 AM Pushover 3P WebException Error: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.

UPDATE

Seemed to work now
                  Last edited by Blade; November 21, 2016, 10:52 AM.
                  Cheers,
                  Bob
                  Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by jsyers View Post
                    Just ran into this looking into the PushoverConf.ini and ini.bak

[Settings]
                    UsrKey=uc**************************k7
                    eInterval=60
                    eExpiry=300
                    [APITokens]
                    =a6**************************f4
                    Sorry you are having issues with this, something is not right. One thing unusual is the fact there is no application name in that INI file. Could you add something like;

Code:
                    HomeSeer=a6**************************f4
                    On the last line instead (with your API key), it seems to have nothing before the = sign for some reason, once you've added it restart the plugin and see what happens. I know the HomeTroller historically had some sort of file protection feature but hopefully that's not going to be the problem.

Comment

Code:
                      HomeSeer=a6**************************f4
                      PERFECT!

That did it. Made it through the bounce like a boss.

THANK YOU mrhappy!

J

Comment

I'm about to buy a Pushover license. Just want to check with you guys what the best option is.

I would like to be able to send messages to both my and the missus iPhone, separately and group messages. Should I set up two different Pushover accounts or is it enough with only one that may be shared between devices?

When I buy a license for iOS, is that valid only for my apple id or for all iOS devices specified under the Pushover account?

Comment

Originally posted by Freddan101 View Post
                          I'm about to buy a Pushover license. Just want to check with you guys what the best option is.

I would like to be able to send messages to both my and the missus iPhone, separately and group messages. Should I set up two different Pushover accounts or is it enough with only one that may be shared between devices?

When I buy a license for iOS, is that valid only for my apple id or for all iOS devices specified under the Pushover account?
                          Hopefully someone else can put a real life spin on this but I did have Pushover on a partners phone and just logged in with my Pushover login (the app has it's own login screen) and then had two devices in HS, albeit my partners phone was Android rather than iOS so don't know how to change this.

I think the idea of groups is more if say you ran an IT department and wanted separate users who did not share login details, as it's someone in your house that shouldn't be as big an issue.

Comment

PUSHOVER ISSUE

tried installing the plug in and after reboot homeseer starts up but I can access homeseer. but as soon as I remove the exe file and reboot homeseer everything is working. I think I'm not in the root folder

this is the path root folder for home seer correct.
                            C:\Program Files(x86)\HomeSeer HS3.

or is there a folder inside Homeseer where I need to be installing it.

Thank You
                            Attached Files

Comment

That is the correct folder it needs to be installed in - you can see the other HSPI_xxxx plugin files so it just needs to sit with the rest of them. I'm a bit confused with your post though - has this ever worked? Providing the file is there then the plugin interfaces page should find it.

Comment

That is the correct folder it needs to be installed in - you can see the other HSPI_xxxx plugin files so it just needs to sit with the rest of them. I'm a bit confused with your post though - has this ever worked? Providing the file is there then the plugin interfaces page should find it.
                                home seer is working right now. without the plug in. why do you say your confused, those something look wrong with the files. reason I ask is because I just transferred homeseer to a new pc. I have been having issues with imperihome and hstouch plug in. I'm still very new at HS3 coming from Veraplus.

Comment

Working...
                                X