X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prk
    replied
    Originally posted by Ronnie View Post
    I noticed that the Pushover messaging platform upgraded back in April 2021 and can allow custom mp3 message on the Iphone. Can this be done in HS? If not, does anyone know if the Pushover Plugin will be upgraded for this feature?

Thanks,

Ronnie
    It seems that the plugin is already able to support custom sounds. My custom sounds magically appeared in the sound dropdown after a while. There may be some kind of cache that need to expire for them to appear.

Leave a comment:

• kevkeeg
    replied
    I was able to restart and HomeSeer came back up and Pushover now works when using version .54. I received a notification. Thanks so much!

Leave a comment:

• kevkeeg
    replied
    Ok, I read around and tried using "root" in lieu of "homeseer" for the access and I was able to copy the file.

Leave a comment:

• kevkeeg
    replied
    Ok, I shutdown HomeSeer however when I try to copy the HSPI_PUSHOVER.exe file to the HomeSeer directory I get an error message "scp: /usr/local/HomeSeer/HSPI_PUSHOVER.exe: Permission denied".

Do you know how to have the permission to copy this file.

Leave a comment:

• zwolfpack
    replied
    HST doesn't do Linux in anything approaching a standard/modern way, which makes things difficult ...

To start it, there is a "go" script in the HomeSeer root folder. To run this,
    Code:
    cd /usr/local/HomeSeer
    ./go
    Potential problem: this runs in the foreground of the ssh session; I'm not certain it will continue to run once you terminate the session. In that case, if you know that HS4 will start automatically on reboot, you can reboot the computer via:
    Code:
    sudo reboot

Leave a comment:

• kevkeeg
    replied
    I purchased the HomeTroller SEL system from HST however I had to install the HS4 myself. It was quite an ordeal as the version of HS3 was apparently very old.
    The system is located across the country from me so I won't be able to power cycle it if anything goes awry hence I want to ensure that I can restart it after I shutdown Homeseer.

Leave a comment:

• zwolfpack
    replied
    Originally posted by kevkeeg View Post
    What is the proper ssh command to start homeseer back up after I copy the file.
    Depends on how it was installed. Did you install yourself or is this a system purchased from HST?

If HS comes up automatically on reboot, then that is a good approach.

Leave a comment:

• kevkeeg
    replied
    A last question before I perform the shutdown please. What is the proper ssh command to start homeseer back up after I copy the file.

Leave a comment:

• kevkeeg
    replied
    Thanks to you both.

Well, the command "ls /usr/local/HomeSeer" did return the full directory listing. I do see the HSPI_PUOSHOVER.exe file there.

I think that my problem was that the initial directory after login was one directory up from usr and I did not know that.

Thanks again for your help with this.

Leave a comment:

• zwolfpack
    replied
    Any user is fine, that won't make a difference.

How did you install it in the first place? If you have those instructions, they should help you locate the installation point.

The HomeSeer folder can be placed anywhere; however as a rule, HST puts it at /usr/local/HomeSeer. Run this command to see if there is anything there:

Code:
    ls /usr/local/HomeSeer

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    I don't know what directory HS4 is installed in when upgraded from HS3.

What do you see if you SSH:

Code:
    cd /usr/local
    Then:

Code:
    dir

Leave a comment:

• kevkeeg
    replied
    What user should I use when I ssh. I tried both homeseer, which is what produced that file listing. I don't see a usr or local directory, only HomeSeer. I also used root to login and there I don't see a HomeSeer directory at all.
    I do have HS4 installed and running with a couple of other plug-ins.

Under About in HomeSeer I do see the following:
    Confguration File: /usr/local/HomeSeer/Data/HomeSeerData.json

so I must be missing something to be able to see that folder when in ssh.

Leave a comment:

• zwolfpack
    replied
    This looks like a dead copy of an HS3 install. A live HS4 would have "HS4Sentry.exe" and "Updates4". Yours has only "HS3Sentry.exe" and "Updates3".

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    That makes no sense. This is /usr/local/HomeSeer directory ?

Are you sure the plugin is installed correctly? Maybe uninstall Pushover and reinstall 0.52 and check again.

Leave a comment:

• kevkeeg
    replied
    Here are all the files, sorry I could not get them to look better:

autostart_hs HomeSeerAPI.dll mochad Scheduler.dll Temp
    bin HS3Sentry.exe play_audio.sh Scheduler.dll.config temp.wav
    change_password.sh HSCF.dll post_update.sh scripts update_extra.sh
    check_passwd HSConsole.exe RecoveryInstall.sh server.pfx updatehs.sh
    Config HSConsole.exe.config RecoveryInstall.txt shutdown_controller.sh Updates3
    ConfigBackup html register_with_find.sh shutdown.sh update.sh
    Data install.sh restart.sh speak.sh Wave
    factory.sh Logs RssToolkit.dll speak_to_file.sh wave_files
    go Mail.dll run_command_raw.sh sslcert
    Grammar Media run_command.sh temp

Leave a comment:

Working...
X