Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by langenet View Post
    Adam,

I'm using .31 of your plugin and noticed that when I send a pushp message under 'Normal' priority, an exception is created.

Immediately below is a notification sent with 'Normal' priority.

Jun-26 7:38:42 AM Pushover 3P Unknown Exception in Pushmessage: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Jun-26 7:38:42 AM Pushover 3P Unknown Exception in Pushmessage: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Jun-26 7:38:42 AM BLUPS Info UPS Power mode has changed to On AC Power

Jun-26 7:38:42 AM Event Event Trigger "System Maintenance UPS AC Power Restored"

Jun-26 7:38:42 AM Event Event Trigger "System Maintenance UPS AC Power Restored"

This pushp was sent with 'High' priority.

Jun-26 7:38:36 AM Pushover 3P Pushover Notification Sent - Message Title: Lena house lost power

Jun-26 7:38:36 AM Pushover 3P Pushover Notification Sent - Message Title: Lena house lost power

Jun-26 7:38:35 AM BLUPS Info UPS Power mode has changed to On Battery Power

Jun-26 7:38:35 AM Event Event Trigger "System Maintenance UPS AC Power Loss"

Jun-26 7:38:35 AM Event Event Trigger "System Maintenance UPS AC Power Loss"

I know there was a change made a while back but don't know if this was detected.

Robert
    Robert - I've tried here with all of the priorities and can't see this issue, it could be that some problematic data has been retained in the event. Is there a chance you can create a brand new event with a Pushover action and then try a normal message?

Thanks,

Comment

Thanks Adam... Perhaps I should have tried your suggestion first. It worked fine in a test event.
      Sorry for troubling you with this...

Robert
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Thanks Adam... Perhaps I should have tried your suggestion first. It worked fine in a test event.
        Sorry for troubling you with this...

Robert
        No don't worry - it still shouldn't behave like this but I'll keep an eye on it see whether or not it comes up again.

Comment

Just installed .32. Was running .31 before.
          Now I get this in the log.

Jun-28 7:46:09 AM Pushover 3P Pushover Notification Sent - Message Title: This is a test message
          Jun-28 7:46:08 AM Pushover 3P Decoded External IP: xx.xxx.xx.xx
          Jun-28 7:46:07 AM Pushover 3P Decoded External IP: xx.xxx.xx.xx

I understand this is to get the WAN IP address into a replacement variable but should it do it three times? It doesn't seem to hurt anything.

Comment

Originally posted by andyf View Post
            Just installed .32. Was running .31 before.
            Now I get this in the log.

Jun-28 7:46:09 AM Pushover 3P Pushover Notification Sent - Message Title: This is a test message
            Jun-28 7:46:08 AM Pushover 3P Decoded External IP: xx.xxx.xx.xx

I understand this is to get the WAN IP address into a replacement variable but should it do it three times? It doesn't seem to hurt anything.
            Can you try and re-download version .32 again, I've changed that but don't think it is worth updating the version number for it. There is only one log entry and it is logged to the debug log rather than the HS log.

In terms of the other thing you are seeing then this to me says that this issue is on the client side, if the notification turns up then that points to the fact the plugin has done it's part of the bargain. If you are able to see the next time whether there is a delay in the log entry that says that the notification has been sent then this is something I could debug with.

Comment

That did the trick.
              Thanks.

I did tend to think that the dual sounds couldn't be a plug-in issue which is why I deleted the comment. The times I have seen it happen is when I enter or leave my GeoFence area. Maybe something to do with switching from WiFi to LTE or back.

Anyway, nice plug-in, thanks for this. Emailing to an SMS bridge was so unreliable.

Comment

Adam, I updated last evening and not sure that I got your latest. How do we re-download in updater? Or is there a link to the latest?

Robert
                HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Adam, I updated last evening and not sure that I got your latest. How do we re-download in updater? Or is there a link to the latest?

Robert
                  If you go into the main updater plugin list and just select the plugin again and download it it will replace it again for you. The change is pretty minor and wouldn't really be a noticeable change apart from a couple of log entries.

I've just tried that and it appears to work but if not let me know and I'll send you a link.

Comment

Robert
                    I just rechecked version .32 in the updater and clicked to download and install.

Comment

Perfect... thanks!

Comment

%ShortDate% , %LongDate% and %HSUptime% do not work after upgrade 0.0.0.32

I have just updated the plugin from version 0.0.0.31 to 0.0.0.32 and noticed the replace variables %ShortDate% , %LongDate% and %HSUptime% do not work anymore. The other variables %ShortTime% , %LongTime% and %HSWanIP% work fine.

Can you please check?

I have not changed my events and noticed it right after the upgrade, to confirm I have created a new event with all 6 replacement variables and
                        found that %ShortDate% , %LongDate% and %HSUptime% are not replaced by actual values, the others are.

I have reinstalled the updated version and restarted the plugin, no change.

Comment

Originally posted by fvhemert View Post
                          I have just updated the plugin from version 0.0.0.31 to 0.0.0.32 and noticed the replace variables %ShortDate% , %LongDate% and %HSUptime% do not work anymore. The other variables %ShortTime% , %LongTime% and %HSWanIP% work fine.

Can you please check?

I have not changed my events and noticed it right after the upgrade, to confirm I have created a new event with all 6 replacement variables and
                          found that %ShortDate% , %LongDate% and %HSUptime% are not replaced by actual values, the others are.

I have reinstalled the updated version and restarted the plugin, no change.
                          I've believe I've fixed them in version .33 which I've put in the updater (I don't use the variables myself), little bit of a copy and paste error on my part but I was convinced I checked them before I uploaded it!

Comment

Yep, the .33 fixed the issue, all good now.

Thanks for the lightning fast update!

Comment

Using Message URL for HS JSON requests

I am trying to use the message URL functionality in the plugin to send HS /json control URL's. It seems that pushover URL encodes the URL which HS does not seem to like. I can just put a link in the message body and that seems to work ok but it would be nice to be able to have a link with a title. Has anyone run into this or have a workaround?

URL in message body works fine:
                              http://homeseer:8000/JSON?request=runevent&id=5

HS result:
                              { "Response":"ok" }

trying to use this as a "Message URL", it gets converted to:

http://homeseer:8000/JSON?request%3drunevent%26id%3d5

which results in:
                              { "Response":"Error, bad request" }
                              Last edited by ; July 3, 2017, 05:01 PM. Reason: adding title

Comment

Originally posted by 3IMOH View Post
                                I am trying to use the message URL functionality in the plugin to send HS /json control URL's. It seems that pushover URL encodes the URL which HS does not seem to like. I can just put a link in the message body and that seems to work ok but it would be nice to be able to have a link with a title. Has anyone run into this or have a workaround?

URL in message body works fine:
                                http://homeseer:8000/JSON?request=runevent&id=5

HS result:
                                { "Response":"ok" }

trying to use this as a "Message URL", it gets converted to:

http://homeseer:8000/JSON?request%3drunevent%26id%3d5

which results in:
                                { "Response":"Error, bad request" }
                                I'm my own worst enemy at times and this is something that has bitten me, clearly at some point I have decided to encode these URL strings anyway so it is not Pushover that are encoding them it is me. I can only imagine that was on user request as I don't use them myself but as I'm lousy at commenting the code I don't know where and why I've done it!!

I've changed the encoding from HttpUtility.UrlEncode to HttpUtility.UrlPathEncode which seems to at least solve it for HS URL's. I'll have to do a bit more investigation as to why I did it and whether it breaks anything else but you are welcome to download the version here and try it yourself - http://s652164905.websitehome.co.uk/...r_0_0_0_34.zip

Be aware that I have no control over the handling of these URL's inside Pushover as for me the web browser loads up which obviously gets filled with the JSON reply which looks a little ugly.

Comment

Working...
                                X