HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monk View Post

Randy - any tip on dropping a decimal? What I mean to ask is the actual device content is temperature - looks like this
    Status 66.56 = Dim
    Value 66.56 = "66.6 F"

The resulting Pushover msg shows "66.56"

Thanks!
    Sorry, I missed this when you posted it. If the message is 66.56, you are using the value replacement variable $$DVR:Ref:. If you want it to be 66.56 F (I don’t know how to get the degree symbol on an ipad), you should use the Status replacement variable $$DSR:Ref:. Alternately you could just put an F after the value replacement variable in the Event. If you want to drop a decimal, edit the Status Graphics of the device to only show 1 digit decimal precision. This may or may not work, depending on how the plug-in treats the device.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

mrhappy, apologies if you are on vacation or otherwise busy...just making sure this didn't fall through the cracks...

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post
      mrhappy,

One of my events that sends a Pushover message is generating the following message in the HS3 log:

Code:
      Pushover 3P -> Message Length Greater Than 512 characters
      And the message is never received on my iPhone. I assume that the message isn't sent since the plugin thinks the message is over the character limit.

The thing is that the message is using several $$DSA replacement variables, and these variables are actually quite long since I am using the Device Address replacement, which is putting the message past the 512 character limit. After replacement, the message is well under the character limit.

Would it be feasible for you to change the plugin to perform the character limit check *after* the variable replacement?

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        Sorry, I missed this when you posted it. If the message is 66.56, you are using the value replacement variable $$DVR:Ref:. If you want it to be 66.56 F (I don’t know how to get the degree symbol on an ipad), you should use the Status replacement variable $$DSR:Ref:. Alternately you could just put an F after the value replacement variable in the Event. If you want to drop a decimal, edit the Status Graphics of the device to only show 1 digit decimal precision. This may or may not work, depending on how the plug-in treats the device.
        Thanks as always. (Plus bring back the Riley avatar! - wife misses him?!)

Comment

mrhappy, apologies if you are on vacation or otherwise busy...just making sure this didn't fall through the cracks...

I'm afraid it completely slipped my mind - I did see your post and was going to say that it should be a simple enough fix. I never considered that the replacement variables would realistically be more characters than the string itself. I've swapped things around - can you see if the attached is any better?

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
            can you see if the attached is any better?
            Looks like there might be something wrong with this one. I see a message in the log that says "Finished initializing plug-in Pushover 3P", but then on the plugin management page it says "INFO: Plugin start is pending" in the Plug-in Status column, and it never goes to "OK" like it should. Then in my events where I have Pushover actions, it says "The plug-in Pushover 3P is not running or is not connected to HomeSeer."

UPDATE:

Tried starting the plugin with "Developer mode" checked and here's what I see:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2018-08-16 15.25.48.png
Views:	284
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	1241632

Last edited by teladog01; August 16, 2018, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Problems here as well.

Comment

Strange..how about this version?
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                  Strange..how about this version?
                  This one loads without issue. V 0.0.0.43

Comment

Yep, this one seems to be working fine. And my Pushover messages that were previously flagged as over the character limit are now sent and received with no problem. Thanks, Adam!

Comment

Yep, this one seems to be working fine. And my Pushover messages that were previously flagged as over the character limit are now sent and received with no problem. Thanks, Adam!
                      Great thanks - I'll get it put in the updater as soon as I can.

Comment

Has anyone figured out what the deal is with tab characters in a Pushover message?

I'm trying to get a block of text to display in a "table-like" format. Since the Pushover app uses a variable width font, regular spaces will not suffice to get things to align appropriately. By using tabs in a text editor, I can get the desired format:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2018-08-20 18.37.27.png Views:	2 Size:	357.7 KB ID:	1242388

But then when I paste it into the text box in the HS3 event it looks like this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2018-08-20 18.29.20.png Views:	2 Size:	347.9 KB ID:	1242387

And after clicking the update button and collapsing the event it looks like this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2018-08-20 18.29.41.png Views:	2 Size:	243.6 KB ID:	1242386

And then the message in the iOS app looks like this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	File Aug 20, 6 30 18 PM.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	455.6 KB ID:	1242385

Does anyone have a better way to fake a table in a Pushover message or have any insight how to get tabs to display correctly?

Comment

I'm just guessing, but looking at the iOS app copy of the message, it kinda looks like it did actually tab out, but you're just getting different tabbing based on the fact that the font is different. You see how Backyard, Front-Entry and trailer are all shorter entries, and those three are all tabbed further to the left. Try adding an extra tab after Backyard and Front-Entry, and an extra two tabs after Trailer, and see what happens. Will look wrong in the event page, but may look correct on iOS.....

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
                            looks like it did actually tab out, but you're just getting different tabbing based on the fact that the font is different.
                            I noticed this as well, paul, and tried the experiment you suggested. The message looks terrible in the HS3 event text box, and gives mixed results in the Pushover app...the single message detail view displays the message properly formatted as I hope to see it. But in the message list preview, the formatting is still wrong. I've submitted feedback to the Pushover team re: this inconsistency in formatting in the app.

The Pushover app screenshots are both the exact same message, first one is how it shows in the list preview, the second is the single message detail view.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2018-08-21 09.38.24.png Views:	1 Size:	51.1 KB ID:	1242494
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	File Aug 21, 8 27 38 AM.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	343.8 KB ID:	1242496Click image for larger version  Name:	File Aug 21, 8 28 08 AM.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	478.0 KB ID:	1242495

Comment

I noticed this as well, paul, and tried the experiment you suggested. The message looks terrible in the HS3 event text box, and gives mixed results in the Pushover app...the single message detail view displays the message properly formatted as I hope to see it. But in the message list preview, the formatting is still wrong. I've submitted feedback to the Pushover team re: this inconsistency in formatting in the app.

The Pushover app screenshots are both the exact same message, first one is how it shows in the list preview, the second is the single message detail view.

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot 2018-08-21 09.38.24.png Views:	1 Size:	51.1 KB ID:	1242494
                              Click image for larger version Name:	File Aug 21, 8 27 38 AM.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	343.8 KB ID:	1242496Click image for larger version Name:	File Aug 21, 8 28 08 AM.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	478.0 KB ID:	1242495
                              I'm not sure what Pushover will say but unless things have changed they don't officially support tabbing that I am aware of. If they say they are supported but I need to make changes in the plugin then I will do my best, the text area that I use for the data is not rich text that I remember (nor is it a HS control for that matter) so might need some changes there also.

Comment

Does anyone have a better way to fake a table in a Pushover message or have any insight how to get tabs to display correctly?
                                Since those 3 entries are shorter, did you try to add second tab to them. Looks like that should even them out and display all "Enabled..." aligned.

Comment

Working...
                                X