• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ScottAtlanta
    replied
    Originally posted by teladog01 View Post
    Well check this out...

Click image for larger version Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 11.58.49 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	14.5 KB ID:	1494529

Not only does Pushover have the "Delivery Groups" feature I didn't know about, the plugin actually already supports it. And it works! How 'bout dat

Sorry for all the commotion here, folks. Carry on...
    Dang! I just realized you found the answer on your own. I was so excited I actually had something to contribute to the forum for a change, I missed that.

;-)

Leave a comment:

• ScottAtlanta
    replied
    I had the exact same single Pushover user (me) setup for years and recently wanted to add various family members for specific different notifications. It took me a little bit to figure this out, but after a short bit I was able to setup it up without any problems.

First thing you want to do is head over to your account on pushover.net. Halfway down your dashboard, you’ll see an area you can use to set up and maintain Pushover Groups. This is where you create various pushover distribution groups. For example, I created groups called “Husband and Me”, “Entire Family” and “Daughter and Me”. In each of those groups you add all group members and their respective Pushover API Key (including your own as appropriate). When you save each Pushover Group, Pushover creates a unique API Key for that group.

Then go back to the HomeSeer Pushover Plug-in Configurations/Settings page. At the bottom of the page you’ll see a place to add Pushover groups. Type in your newly create Group Names and each group’s API Key.

And that’s it. Now when you create an HS Event with a Pushover action, you’ll see these Pushover Groups as available options in the drop down box.

One thing I wasn’t sure about is that I had all my Pushover actions set with the “All Devices” option checked. This was an issue in the past because it was only my API setup. However, now that I had these Pushover Groups added I wasn’t sure if “All Devices” meant the notice would go out to all options available in the drop down box. I was worried that would have to go back and modify scores of old Pushover Actions to only be directed to my devices. This is NOT the case. The existing Event actions with “All Devices” still just go to my Devices registered under my Psuhover Pushover.

Hope this helps!

Leave a comment:

• teladog01
    replied
    Well check this out...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 11.58.49 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	14.5 KB ID:	1494529

Not only does Pushover have the "Delivery Groups" feature I didn't know about, the plugin actually already supports it. And it works! How 'bout dat

Sorry for all the commotion here, folks. Carry on...

Leave a comment:

• teladog01
    replied
    Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
    Per his profile he hasn't been active since Nov 2020.
    Bummer

I see the plugin supports multiple "applications" - is that what you mean by API tokens?
    Yes. "API token" is the verbiage used in the API docs. Each "application" has a unique API token. Each call to the Pushover API requires both the User key and an API token.

Leave a comment:

• DLONG2
    replied
    If the plugin allows for only one key then the fix would be to have multiple HomeSeers running, each with a unique PushOver key. Not very practical, though.

Leave a comment:

• zwolfpack
    replied
    Per his profile he hasn't been active since Nov 2020.

I see the plugin supports multiple "applications" - is that what you mean by API tokens?

Leave a comment:

• teladog01
    replied
    Well dang, I got all excited for a minute there. But it doesn't look like this really solves the problem because if I replace my user key in the plugin with the Delivery Group key, then all pushes will go to the Delivery Group. I only want to send pushes to the whole group in certain events. Most events should just send to my phone.

But...

If the plugin were to implement support for Delivery Group keys (in addition to the existing User key), then I think maybe that solves the problem without having to deal with additional API (application) tokens.

Hopefully Adam will chime in on whether he might be interested in adding this to the plugin.

Leave a comment:

• teladog01
    replied
    Very cool! I never noticed the Delivery Groups feature before. I'll check it out and see if it works the way it sounds like it works...

Thanks for pointing this out 👍🙂

Leave a comment:

• zwolfpack
    replied
    How about this?

https://support.pushover.net/i53-how...tner-co-worker

Leave a comment:

• teladog01
    replied
    In the Pushover app is a "Pushover for Teams" link. However it's a premium service ($5/user/month).
    While I suppose this does provide an alternate solution, it sure will be expensive for a family.

I can see maybe a few dollars a month total (not per user) for a family plan, but $5 per user is more of a business pricing model. I'm not saying the service isn't worth it...the Pushover for Teams service looks pretty nice, with centralized management of all devices and so forth...that's important for a business team with hundreds of users. But it's overkill for my family situation.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Leave a comment:

• teladog01
    replied
    I had a look at the Pushover API docs and I see now that implementing multiple accounts in the plugin might not be straightforward since the API (application) token will also be unique for each account.

mrhappy, do you have any thoughts on this?

Leave a comment:

• teladog01
    replied
    Originally posted by DLONG2 View Post
    contact PushOver.net and explain that you have devices which need to use more than one account
    But that is not the case. The devices are each only associated with one Pushover account, i.e. the account each user (fiance and kids) has created at Pushover.net. I don't think Pushover.net has anything to do with the problem in this situation. The problem is that it seems the plugin can only work with one Pushover account (user key).

Leave a comment:

• zwolfpack
    replied
    In the Pushover app is a "Pushover for Teams" link. However it's a premium service ($5/user/month).

Leave a comment:

• DLONG2
    replied
    Originally posted by teladog01 View Post

Right. But that's for different devices/groups on the same Pushover account, no? I need to be able to send pushes to devices on different Pushover accounts (different user keys), but I do not see a way to add more user keys to the plugin.
    Hmm. I guess what you need to do is not possible then. I would contact PushOver.net and explain that you have devices which need to use more than one account, and see what they say.

Leave a comment:

• teladog01
    replied
    Originally posted by DLONG2 View Post

As I recall, the only need is to purchase the PushOver app for any and each device which will be receiving pushes. Then within the Pushover.net account settings on the internet you can specify a group name to receive pushes, or just individual devices. Part of the API call (within HomeSeer) is to specify which device or group name would be recipients. Hope this is correctly stated and helps. Hence, no need for additional accounts or key codes, etc.
    Right. But that's for different devices/groups on the same Pushover account, no? I need to be able to send pushes to devices on different Pushover accounts (different user keys), but I do not see a way to add more user keys to the plugin.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X