No announcement yet.

HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mrhappy I’ve seen mentions of a v .63 in this thread and noticed I’m still on v.45. Where can I find the update?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Ronco View Post
      Glad to see you are back! My new server is running server 2016. I thought about it being a .net issue so I had enabled .net 3.5 and verified .net 4.6 was up to date. I also disabled the windows firewall thinking it may have been that. I tried removing the plug in and reinstalling it to no avail. Running the exe manually I see the same errors in the command prompt. I'm lost on where to look next of what I should try. For reference the way i migrated over was by installing hs3 on the new system then doing a full copy of the old system overtop of it. Had some minor issues I needed to work out like the ip address in the config but it was pretty seamless.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
      I have exactly the same error. It first happened after an update to the pushover plugin. So far I have tried going back to the previous version, same error. Deleting the plugin and config file then reinstalling and setup. Still seeing the same error when I try to send a message. Firewall disabled and Windows 10 OS up to date.

Any assistance appreciated.

Comment

Glance Messages doesnt work for me. I have tried without 'Message Title' enabled... why a checkbox there to disable -- which failes as "Key" is missing and when i have it enabled, it throws "Unable to Send" error ?

LOG...
        Mar-13 10:17:34 AM Pushover 3P Message Unable To Send - Delay Between Messages
        Mar-13 10:16:34 AM Pushover 3P Pushover Notification Sent - Message Title
        Mar-13 10:16:34 AM Pushover 3P Message Unable To Send - Delay Between Messages
        Mar-13 10:16:23 AM Pushover 3P Pushover Notification Sent - Message Title
        Mar-13 10:16:22 AM Pushover 3P Message Unable To Send - Delay Between Messages
        Mar-13 10:16:04 AM Pushover 3P Pushover Notification Sent - Message Title
        Mar-13 10:15:43 AM Pushover 3P Glances Notification Sent
        Mar-13 10:15:34 AM Pushover 3P Web Exception Response missing you must supply at least one data parameter 0 314714b9-5fd5-4067-a6df-c26a0fff6f5b
        Mar-13 10:15:34 AM Pushover 3P WebException Error The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
        Mar-13 10:14:34 AM Pushover 3P Web Exception Response missing you must supply at least one data parameter 0 7122c106-832b-4c1d-90d4-9d7f5e421824
        Mar-13 10:14:34 AM Pushover 3P WebException Error The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
        Mar-13 10:14:25 AM Pushover 3P Web Exception Response missing you must supply at least one data parameter 0 592adab7-e42d-4d44-bfed-0886549b0539
        Mar-13 10:14:25 AM Pushover 3P WebException Error The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
        Mar-13 10:14:01 AM Pushover 3P Pushover Notification Sent - Message Title
        Mar-13 10:13:34 AM Pushover 3P Unknown Exception in GlanceMessage Key cannot be null. Parameter name: key
        Mar-13 10:12:34 AM Pushover 3P Unknown Exception in GlanceMessage Key cannot be null. Parameter name: key
        mrhappy ...
        wondering why you dont have a forum dedicated to your plugin? its in the updater and popular, seems like they should honor you with one
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
          Glance Messages doesnt work for me. I have tried without 'Message Title' enabled... why a checkbox there to disable -- which failes as "Key" is missing and when i have it enabled, it throws "Unable to Send" error ?

LOG...
          Mar-13 10:15:34 AM Pushover 3P Web Exception Response missing you must supply at least one data parameter 0 314714b9-5fd5-4067-a6df-c26a0fff6f5b
          Mar-13 10:15:34 AM Pushover 3P WebException Error The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
          Mar-13 10:14:34 AM Pushover 3P Web Exception Response missing you must supply at least one data parameter 0 7122c106-832b-4c1d-90d4-9d7f5e421824
          Mar-13 10:14:34 AM Pushover 3P WebException Error The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
          Mar-13 10:14:25 AM Pushover 3P Web Exception Response missing you must supply at least one data parameter 0 592adab7-e42d-4d44-bfed-0886549b0539
          Mar-13 10:14:25 AM Pushover 3P WebException Error The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
          Mar-13 10:13:34 AM Pushover 3P Unknown Exception in GlanceMessage Key cannot be null. Parameter name: key
          Mar-13 10:12:34 AM Pushover 3P Unknown Exception in GlanceMessage Key cannot be null. Parameter name: key
          mrhappy ...
          wondering why you dont have a forum dedicated to your plugin? its in the updater and popular, seems like they should honor you with one
          I believe the plugin imposes a minimum delay between sending of glance messages. I think it is 20 minutes by default since that is the recommended delay given in the Pushover API docs. But you can use an INI file entry to override the default...see this post: #1017

EDIT:

Be careful with the delay setting...if you are sending to an Apple Watch and spam the watch app with glance messages, watchOS may temporarily ban the complication from updating...

Copy/paste from https://pushover.net/api/glances:

Pushing data to the Apple Watch must be done infrequently, or WatchOS will stop processing updates due to battery concerns. Please note that Pushover does not do any throttling of your data updates, so it is up to you to throttle your Glances API calls. When sending data to the Apple Watch, we recommend at least 20 minutes between each call. If you have pushed too much data and WatchOS stops processing updates, this resets overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
            mrhappy I’ve seen mentions of a v .63 in this thread and noticed I’m still on v.45. Where can I find the update?

The latest version is version .45 so you are running the latest one...

I have exactly the same error. It first happened after an update to the pushover plugin. So far I have tried going back to the previous version, same error. Deleting the plugin and config file then reinstalling and setup. Still seeing the same error when I try to send a message. Firewall disabled and Windows 10 OS up to date.

Any assistance appreciated.
            Bit of a really puzzling one - especially if you have gone right back to nothing. The plugin is compiled on .net 4.0 and uses no special libraries (all stock .net stuff) - could I ask you to try just re-installing the .net 4.0 version and see if that does anything different? That is about all the error messages say to do on the net.

LOG...
            mrhappy ...
            I'm not that bothered about a forum and at least this keeps everything on one place...official line used to be that you only got the forum/updater if you sold the plugin through the store but there have been concessions in the past.

The issues I can see here is the use of the replacement variable, device ref 1033 looks in your screenshot to have an empty device status (?) so that probably has created an issue - what happens if you specify some text to send instead? Does that change the error at all? Could you also just try the glance message as a single message in the event just to eliminate any issues with sending a glance and pushover message at the same time.

There is also a flood control built into the plugin which you appear to be bumping against so just be mindful of that although I probably could not reset that if there was an exception to the error.

Comment

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post

I believe the plugin imposes a minimum delay between sending of glance messages. I think it is 20 minutes by default since that is the recommended delay given in the Pushover API docs. But you can use an INI file entry to override the default...see this post: #1017

EDIT:

Be careful with the delay setting...if you are sending to an Apple Watch and spam the watch app with glance messages, watchOS may temporarily ban the complication from updating...

Copy/paste from https://pushover.net/api/glances:
              Thx ... after a long wait, it did work.
              I'm not clear on the value of glances if you can simply use regular messages?

Comment

I'm not clear on the value of glances if you can simply use regular messages?
                Regular messages are delivered to the Pushover app whereas glance messages go only to the watch complication.

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post

I think someone confused this with the .63 version of phlocation2

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                    The latest version is version .45 so you are running the latest one...

Bit of a really puzzling one - especially if you have gone right back to nothing. The plugin is compiled on .net 4.0 and uses no special libraries (all stock .net stuff) - could I ask you to try just re-installing the .net 4.0 version and see if that does anything different? That is about all the error messages say to do on the net.
                    I have removed and reinstalled.net 4.7 and still seeing the errors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ozinnewy View Post

I have removed and reinstalled.net 4.7 and still seeing the errors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Could I ask if you could try this please - just replace the EXE with the one in your root directory. I've compiled it against .net 4.7.2 just in case that is an issue and added some additional debug info when you send a message. Could you then see if you get the error, if so send me a copy of the error in the log.

The only other change is support for monospaced text which Pushover have recently introduced, that should not create an issue.

Attached Files

Comment

mrhappy

Can we use RegX or something else to parse variable data from with the "Message Body" section?

The data in the source HS3 Device needs to be 'cleaned up'; this is the full text data...

" #3 3/20/2019 10:48:38 AM User Robyn - Phone Tracking entered Town Club "

I only want... "entered Town Club" to be sent in Message Body

thx!

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
                          mrhappy

Can we use RegX or something else to parse variable data from with the "Message Body" section?

The data in the source HS3 Device needs to be 'cleaned up'; this is the full text data...

" #3 3/20/2019 10:48:38 AM User Robyn - Phone Tracking entered Town Club "

I only want... "entered Town Club" to be sent in Message Body

thx!
                          Possibly...I'll have a look and see what I can do, It might need a bit more work than it sounds to do it correctly.

Comment

When I create a message string using homeseer replacement variable $$time, my pushover message comes across as this:

<say-as type="time"> ....current time.... </say/as>

Is there a workaround for this? I tried to use vb.net replace function, but it ignores the tags.

Comment

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
                              When I create a message string using homeseer replacement variable $$time, my pushover message comes across as this:

<say-as type="time"> ....current time.... </say/as>

Is there a workaround for this? I tried to use vb.net replace function, but it ignores the tags.
                              Use $time instead of $$time. $$time is for speech so wraps those SAPI tags around it. See http://help.homeseer.com/help/HS3/st...ment_variables.
                              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

Use $time instead of $$time. $$time is for speech so wraps those SAPI tags around it. See http://help.homeseer.com/help/HS3/st...ment_variables.
                                Yeah that's the problem. I have a mega script that creates all my announcements and I use the announcement message to send pushover messages if we are away from the house. If there is no convenient work around, I am going to have to rewrite the script to create two separate messages, one for announcement and one for pushover.

Comment

Working...
                                X