No announcement yet.

HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

on version 0.0.0.45 of the Pushover Plugin in homeseer pro3 in windows, iPhone client , get the Unknown Exception in Pushmessage Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    can you please how to fix it , i really want to see this work, thank you, Tj

to get this up and running on pushover create and app, attach a icon, i used homeseer, copy the app code and set it up in the configure screen
    tha is really cool now it work, home this helps someone....Tj

Last edited by Tj in Bristol; March 23, 2019, 03:14 PM. Reason: Fixed

Comment

Originally posted by Tj in Bristol View Post
      on version 0.0.0.45 of the Pushover Plugin in homeseer pro3 in windows, iPhone client , get the Unknown Exception in Pushmessage Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      can you please how to fix it , i really want to see this work, thank you, Tj
      couple of things...

Has it worked for you before...if so do you know which version you updated from?

Secondly can you attach a screenshot of your event?

Comment

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post

Yeah that's the problem. I have a mega script that creates all my announcements and I use the announcement message to send pushover messages if we are away from the house. If there is no convenient work around, I am going to have to rewrite the script to create two separate messages, one for announcement and one for pushover.
        Strange as I'm sure that historically the time/date replacement variables did NOT have the SAPI tags in, that said at some point I added some custom replacement variables to the plugin as per the attached picture so I must've had reasons for it. When included in a message they should do the same job so please give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post

Strange as I'm sure that historically the time/date replacement variables did NOT have the SAPI tags in, that said at some point I added some custom replacement variables to the plugin as per the attached picture so I must've had reasons for it. When included in a message they should do the same job so please give it a try.
          Thanks. Good to know. I had some free time, so I just went ahead and cleaned up my script and added separate messages for announcing and pushover. Makes things a bit easier to follow and read. Also easier to not have to strip out the SAPI silence tags I use on announcements.

Comment

I've just installed the plugin, and am really excited to get it working. However, I'm having trouble and trying to see if there are answers to my questions in this single thread is nearly impossible. I'd highly recommend asking HST to set up a forum. Even if you're not too concerned about it, it would GREATLY help your users, and probably most importantly, it would help them help OTHER users better and take some pressure off you

My issue is that every time I try to add an event action, I fill out the fields (except for the optional ones), and when I attempt to close the action, it resets all the arguments...

NEVER MIND! I've never seen a plugin with an "Update" button in the action so I didn't even notice it.

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
              I've just installed the plugin, and am really excited to get it working. However, I'm having trouble and trying to see if there are answers to my questions in this single thread is nearly impossible. I'd highly recommend asking HST to set up a forum. Even if you're not too concerned about it, it would GREATLY help your users, and probably most importantly, it would help them help OTHER users better and take some pressure off you

My issue is that every time I try to add an event action, I fill out the fields (except for the optional ones), and when I attempt to close the action, it resets all the arguments...

NEVER MIND! I've never seen a plugin with an "Update" button in the action so I didn't even notice it.
              Due to the number of event options (not sure I've seen a plugin with that many, if there was I'd be interested how it was handled) if I try and do the post back automatically then it will give you a poor experience because you would end up opening and closing the event everytime you changed a box. That is the reason behind the update button.

I take your point about a forum, perhaps I'll make contact with HST but there official line was always that if it wasn't for sale then you didn't get a forum.

Comment

I take your point about a forum, perhaps I'll make contact with HST but there official line was always that if it wasn't for sale then you didn't get a forum.
                I believe it needs to be in the store, but the cost can still be $0. It just means you need product description and info that complies with the system that HST has setup. I have mcsMQTT and mcsXap that have forums and are free plugins.

Comment

mrhappy I have been using your plugin for quite some time and it has been great but I've noticed lately that there is a 20-30 delay between when HS triggers the event to send the message and when it is received on our phones. I can see that it's not on the HS side or the plugin that is causing the delay, it just seems to be the time from Pushover to our phones. It doesn't seem to make a difference if we are on wifi or cell data. Have you experienced these kinds of delays and is there any way fix it?
                  Thank you!
                  HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                  Plugin's:
                  BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                  EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                  weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post
                    mrhappy I have been using your plugin for quite some time and it has been great but I've noticed lately that there is a 20-30 delay between when HS triggers the event to send the message and when it is received on our phones. I can see that it's not on the HS side or the plugin that is causing the delay, it just seems to be the time from Pushover to our phones. It doesn't seem to make a difference if we are on wifi or cell data. Have you experienced these kinds of delays and is there any way fix it?
                    Thank you!
                    I'm in New Zealand, quite some distance from the Pushovr servers, and there is only a 2 or 3 second delay for mobile devices in our system. Have you got the desktop client (free for 7 days) to check if it is a recieveing or sending delay?
                    iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Originally posted by mminehan View Post

I'm in New Zealand, quite some distance from the Pushovr servers, and there is only a 2 or 3 second delay for mobile devices in our system. Have you got the desktop client (free for 7 days) to check if it is a recieveing or sending delay?
                      I do not have the desktop client, I’ll download it and give it a try. Normally I don’t have any noticeable delay at all, it’s just been lately that I have noticed it for the last month or so. I figured it could have just been a temporary delay but it seems to have been consistent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                      Plugin's:
                      BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                      EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                      weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post

I do not have the desktop client, I’ll download it and give it a try. Normally I don’t have any noticeable delay at all, it’s just been lately that I have noticed it for the last month or so. I figured it could have just been a temporary delay but it seems to have been consistent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        I don't personally have any delay but I have seen odd reports of it, I guess because there are a number of factors at play that makes it difficult to really debug. I've noticed Samsung devices do strange things with push notifications and seem to cause delays and there are a couple of reports on the net about it https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/...ng/td-p/738070

I'd be looking at seeing whether there is anything common to your mobile devices or reaching out to Pushover about it - their support were pretty helpful when I contacted them, you can give them the message ID from the plugin webpage and they can check their end.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
                          mrhappy

Can we use RegX or something else to parse variable data from with the "Message Body" section?

The data in the source HS3 Device needs to be 'cleaned up'; this is the full text data...

" #3 3/20/2019 10:48:38 AM User Robyn - Phone Tracking entered Town Club "

I only want... "entered Town Club" to be sent in Message Body

thx!
                          Can you give me some examples of some Regex strings you intend to use? I am doing some work on this and can include a custom replacement variable for it that might be the quickest to implement (albeit scripting would probably solve your issue) to get a device status by reference, replace a match pattern with another variable and then print it out. However this causes some issues as I will likely end up with some complicated replacement variables and need to ensure that the patterns are not mistaken for parts of the replacement variable.

Comment

I to have been experiencing delays for the past few months, prior to that it was almost instantaneous. The delays are constantly between 30-90 seconds.

I was leaning towards it being an issue with our Samsung Phones, however, I have tried simultaneously sending a message via Homeseer and via the pushover.net webpage and the webpage is always instant then the Homeseer Message comes through a minute later.

Comment

Originally posted by Pricey1985 View Post
                              I to have been experiencing delays for the past few months, prior to that it was almost instantaneous. The delays are constantly between 30-90 seconds.

I was leaning towards it being an issue with our Samsung Phones, however, I have tried simultaneously sending a message via Homeseer and via the pushover.net webpage and the webpage is always instant then the Homeseer Message comes through a minute later.
                              The plugin sends the message to the Pushover servers which introduces additional steps that won't be present doing it via the Pushover website. What I'd suggest is look at the HS log and see when the notification is sent, when you see that notification then it is outside of the plugins hands and has gone to Pushover. It's a matter for them what happens next, you can always contact them with a message ID and see if they can help determine anything additional.

If you send a message from a HS event and there is a delay between sending and getting the sent message in the log then I can look at that but if HS gets the sent notification instantly (I suspect it does) then I'm afraid there is little I can do to figure out where the issue is.

Comment

Thanks, I have just experimented several times while watching the Log.

- I ran the event to send the message and instantly got a Log saying the event has run.
                                - 55 Seconds later i got 'Pushover Notification Sent' in the Log
                                - 1 Second later The Notification came through.

Comment

Working...
                                X