Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mrhappy
    replied
    Originally posted by smcwilliams View Post
    I had someone else look over my key and the .ini...somehow when I copy/pasted my key over from the website to the .ini file, the first letter was doubled so the key in the .ini was indeed wrong. Got that corrected. But now when I kick off the test push (about the dryer being finished cf supra), I get:

Again, that's using the HS event pictured in the posting above. I did try to disable the plugin and re-enable but still got that unknown exception.

Cheers,
    Scott
    I've just sent you a silent test message and can confirm your user key and API token are correct (when you remove the first duplicate letter as you say). If you have that error I would firstly re-create the event in case there is old bad data in it, then check what you have ticked in the devices/groups drop down - select all clients to start with and then try selecting the single devices if you wish to send to a specific device.

Leave a comment:

• smcwilliams
    replied
    Some progress...

I had someone else look over my key and the .ini...somehow when I copy/pasted my key over from the website to the .ini file, the first letter was doubled so the key in the .ini was indeed wrong. Got that corrected. But now when I kick off the test push (about the dryer being finished cf supra), I get:

Unknown Exception in Pushmessage: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Again, that's using the HS event pictured in the posting above. I did try to disable the plugin and re-enable but still got that unknown exception.

Cheers,
    Scott

Leave a comment:

• mrhappy
    replied
    Originally posted by smcwilliams View Post
    I signed up for an account, got a user key and an app key, downloaded the app to my iPhone and can successfully push a message from the website account to the app on the iPhone with the assigned sound.

I installed the plugin on HS. The .ini that came with the install had an app key already on it which confused me. It said "My HomeSeer" followed by the equal sign and a key string (not mine and not one I had seen before). I put in my user key, wrote an event, but got an error at restarting the plugin about "My HomeSeer" not being registered. I went back and put in the app name as I had created it online "HomeSeer" and used my app key from there, then stopped and restarted the plugin. That took care of the error but when I then try to push a message from HomeSeer I get an error about an invalid user or user key. I have checked the user key several times and it seems to be correct. See attachments.

Would appreciate any idea of what is wrong here. Note that no matter what I choose for Select Device(s)/Groups that blue line stays there. I do have ALL and owners checked.

In the .ini file, I have my usr key in the first section, the APITokens section has the HomeSeer= (string), and Clients has Owners=Nothing
    The plugin does not come with the INI file (it comes with three files, an icon, the plugin and an installer file - that's it - HomeSeer creates the file for me when the plugin is loaded) so I'm not sure how an API key has ended up there and I am not sure why it has entries in it as the names don't appear to be anything similar to what is in the code. Have you ever installed the plugin before some time ago?

Could I ask you to PM me with the contents of your INI file so I can take a look and find the issue?

Leave a comment:

• smcwilliams
    replied
    Not working from within HomeSeer

I signed up for an account, got a user key and an app key, downloaded the app to my iPhone and can successfully push a message from the website account to the app on the iPhone with the assigned sound.

I installed the plugin on HS. The .ini that came with the install had an app key already on it which confused me. It said "My HomeSeer" followed by the equal sign and a key string (not mine and not one I had seen before). I put in my user key, wrote an event, but got an error at restarting the plugin about "My HomeSeer" not being registered. I went back and put in the app name as I had created it online "HomeSeer" and used my app key from there, then stopped and restarted the plugin. That took care of the error but when I then try to push a message from HomeSeer I get an error about an invalid user or user key. I have checked the user key several times and it seems to be correct. See attachments.

Would appreciate any idea of what is wrong here. Note that no matter what I choose for Select Device(s)/Groups that blue line stays there. I do have ALL and owners checked.

In the .ini file, I have my usr key in the first section, the APITokens section has the HomeSeer= (string), and Clients has Owners=Nothing
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• mrhappy
    replied
    Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
    Looks like 22 sounds:

Mar-22 19:43:44 Pushover 3P Attempting To Produce a Client/Group List
    Mar-22 19:43:44 Pushover 3P Downloaded 22 sounds from Pushover - Adding Device Default
    Mar-22 19:43:44 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Pushover 3P
    Mar-22 19:43:44 Pushover 3P Downloading sounds from Pushover
    Mar-22 19:43:44 Pushover 3P Plugin Starting - Starting Thread

And that plugin restart solved the problem. All there again. So it just wanted a restart.
    Well it's good the sounds are back, they are stored in a hashtable (or an array, can't remember at the minute) that should not realistically be deleted or emptied whilst the plugin is running (I don't think I put any code in the plugin at all to delete entries from it). If it happens again could you tell me whether you run HS on Linux/Windows, which version of the plugin and I'll take a look see whether or not it is some known issue.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X