HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goldriver View Post

My problem is that I defined 3 Applications on the Pushover site that I also created int the Pushover Plug In interface and sometime I wan't to send the message via Application-1, sometime via Application-2, If I send via an event I can easily choose the application to send it from bu I ca'nt find a way to specify an Application via a script !

I guess my only option will be to send an HTTP POST to pushover with the detailed informations instead of using the plugin
    Parameter 7 (labelled as API String) should be the application name, perhaps poorly labelled in the documentation. Try sending that however it might be case sensitive so ensure the case is the same as in the plugin, I've checked the code and it should work.

Comment

Gotcha, it sounded like you wanted to sort or categorize messages initially.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post

Parameter 7 (labelled as API String) should be the application name, perhaps poorly labelled in the documentation. Try sending that however it might be case sensitive so ensure the case is the same as in the plugin, I've checked the code and it should work.
        This is it ! Thanks

Comment

Today I started seeing this in the log:

Code:
          WebException Error Unable to connect to the remote server Inner Message: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 207.244.81.102:443
          Not quite sure what the error might be, but I no longer receive Pushover messages sent from Homeseer. Testmessage from pushover.net are received though.

Comment

Originally posted by mk1 black limited View Post

Code:
            WebException Error Unable to connect to the remote server Inner Message: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 207.244.81.102:443
            Not quite sure what the error might be, but I no longer receive Pushover messages sent from Homeseer. Testmessage from pushover.net are received though.
            Just as another data point. It's still working fine for me (so far).

Comment

Originally posted by mk1 black limited View Post

Code:
              Pushover was under a DDoS attack.
              https://blog.pushover.net/posts/2020...16-ddos-attack
              iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Right, fixed itself after a short while. Tried looking at the pushover site for any news, but didn't find anything about the DDos attack.

Comment

Hi MrHappy, I saw the documentation and it looks like there is no way to integrate to URL links but I would like to check with you, perhaps you know a way to do that.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by alphatech View Post
                    Hi MrHappy, I saw the documentation and it looks like there is no way to integrate to URL links but I would like to check with you, perhaps you know a way to do that.

Thanks
                    As in putting a URL link into the message body? I did implement some of the HTML ability (as the HTML support is limited by what Pushover allow) but might not have done this one. I can take a look at implementing it if this is what you mean.

Comment

First of all, thanks for the help on the other posts MrHappy.
                      I actually have two URL links but I only see one in the script "Index(5) Message URL (Optional - String )" I would like to have the ability to select one of the two links.

Comment

First of all, thanks for the help on the other posts MrHappy.
                        I actually have two URL links but I only see one in the script "Index(5) Message URL (Optional - String )" I would like to have the ability to select one of the two links.
                        OK I might be struggling to understand - perhaps might be easier if you are telling me what you are trying to achieve?

This parameter is for a URL outside of the message body - see here https://pushover.net/api#urls - I'm limited by Pushover if you are trying to achieve more than one. They only support a single URL in the title rather than multiple. If you wanted to include multiple URLs in the message body then you might be able to use the HTML styling https://pushover.net/api#html however I'm not sure if I implemented that (I did for bold/italic etc) so I would need to check.

Comment

Thanks
                          I send URL links with Pushover. I can send a link or formatted hyperlink In the body of the message, or a URL with a title through the message event. Here I am sending a google maps formatted hyperlink as embedded in a HS device string, as well as a link to my website with a separate title.

Click image for larger version  Name:	D2C1B162-D925-466A-B163-59CD3FE44269.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	56.7 KB ID:	1380939

The HS device string is populated by another plug-in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E21B9093-205B-42F0-B63F-726A738884E1.jpeg
Views:	318
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	1380943

You can also use your own HTML in the message body.

At the bottom for using a pure URL, if you use a URL title it becomes a hyperlink. If you don’t include a title, Pushover adds “Open with” to the URL and it becomes a hyperlink.
                          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Sorry about not communicating it right. I was trying to put two links into the pushover via the script. One link (see prototype below) for the devices and the other for the event. I think I have it figured out. I'm using the "Link" field for one URL and I'm putting the other URL in the body of the message. One issue that I'm having that is not related to the plugin is that the script is giving me a string for the event name (hs.getlastevent) as "aa event Testing" while the URL below wants it by using the plus + sign. Do you know how I can add the plus sign to a string so it will be converted as below? "aa+event+testing"

http://192.168.0.16:8016/jon00eventl...esting&v1=&v2=

Comment

MrHappy, forgot to tell you, great plugin, thank you!.
                              I have figured out the issue with converted string. It was a basic replace statement. I know that few of my questions must sound like "Seriously, it is easy" for me that I'm learning script and I'm really terrible about it, anything can be looking like a mountain :-) All of you, thanks for being patient with me.

Comment

I'm having trouble attaching an image file. The Plugin keeps reporting the file does not exist inside HS log. Attached is a screenshot of the event I created. Anyone has any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong? I've already verified that the file does exist by pasting the file path directly onto the command line and using "dir" command in a cmd window.

Comment

Working...
                                X