• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mrhappy
    replied
    Originally posted by Ltek View Post
    Just tested, looks like it works
    Yes it should work, only in three fields IIRC without checking the code, message title, message body and the URL. Supports the HS standard variables and also a couple of custom ones that are detailed in the help file.

Leave a comment:

• Ltek
    replied
    @mrhappy
    I didnt see this in the documentation... can we use system variables like $$DSR:<refID>

?

I'd like to have 1 event, per chosen device(s), that will pass the device status text.

thx!
    Just tested, looks like it works

Leave a comment:

• Ltek
    replied
    @mrhappy
    I didnt see this in the documentation... can we use system variables like $$DSR:<refID>

?

I'd like to have 1 event, per chosen device(s), that will pass the device status text.

thx!

Leave a comment:

• mrhappy
    replied
    I agree with mrhappy - except that having AT&T in the US, I often have phone service and no 3/4g .. yes, cuz AT&T SUX

This plugin REALLY helps those of us moving from Vera because the HS3 notification system is crap. Once you drive a Lexus, you don't want to drive a Chevy kinda thing.

Notifications in Vera were better in every way natively (we could set notifications directly on any Devices, any Scene (event), and with a $5 plugin you could customize the HELLOO out of it.

I had different phone audio notifications for doors opening, house mode setting, occupancy / proximity, motion sensors, etc... and could make the sound different (for EACH notification) based on the House Mode, time of day, etc.

I've found nothing in HS3 that compare and suspect even if you can do the same stuff through hundreds of event - the level of work would be like the difference between walking barefoot in winter, from LA to NYC vs Flying there in a 747. Maybe extending the Pushover script could fill the void?
    I made the suggestion when HS3 was coming out that the condition for events could have a place also attached to the event actions (like a nested if..then). This would make things like this somewhat easier, unfortunately without this it becomes a fair bit more difficult to have actions that change say the sound of the message depending on another condition.

You can use the scripting method exposed to write a script that checked a device and sent a message with a different parameter depending on a factor (that option already exists) however you then are reliant on editing the scripts if you need to change the message.

Leave a comment:

• noopara
    replied
    OK, thanks for the information. It makes sense to use it if texting is a cost issue or performance issue. Here in the US texting works better than phone or Internet connections and in more locations and is cheap to use. It uses so little bandwidth that I think the phone providers would rather you use it than any thing else which is why it's cheap.

The feature of a different sound for certain notifications is a good idea. Here in the US and Canada there are a lot of locations where phone service is poor or non existent but texting works. I travel a lot in an RV which takes me to a lot of these locations. Text messages are more reliable than anything else when it comes to phone service. I think I will look into an app for my phone that will serve up a different sound based on the subject or content of the text message. There seems to be some apps that claim that they do that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X