HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try...

hs.PluginFunction("Pushover 3P", "", "Pushscript", New Object() {"All Clients", pir_name & " Offline","Circle Problem", "emergency", "Tug Boat", Nothing, Nothing, "A.I Emergency"})

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
      Hi Adam, I have a feature request. When copying an event that has a Send Pushover Message action, all of the Pushover settings in the copied event are back at default. Would it be possible for the Pushover settings to transfer? I frequently create similar events which require only minor changes to each Pushover messages, so having everything copied over would speed up event creation. Not sure if its possible, but if it is, it would be a great update.

Thanks
      Al
      Al + Others, I'm afraid I don't want to touch this one. I've had a look and I know what is happening now, what happens is the data does copy with the event but when it comes to pick out the data it happens to be that the previous data does not extract. This is because the data uses a unique string passed when you create an event, I am sure I could mess and try and replace the values but I am very hesitant to touch this because I could end up destroying peoples events. Quite honestly I found the method the sample plugins uses to be overly confusing and it looks as if this method was never thought of, I need to be aware when I create plugins in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
        Al + Others, I'm afraid I don't want to touch this one. I've had a look and I know what is happening now, what happens is the data does copy with the event but when it comes to pick out the data it happens to be that the previous data does not extract. This is because the data uses a unique string passed when you create an event, I am sure I could mess and try and replace the values but I am very hesitant to touch this because I could end up destroying peoples events. Quite honestly I found the method the sample plugins uses to be overly confusing and it looks as if this method was never thought of, I need to be aware when I create plugins in the future.
        Thanks for checking into it Adam!
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Pushover have a new API in beta released today called the Glances API (https://pushover.net/api/glances) which appears to be utilised for Apple Watch (and shortly to be Android watches) and able to display very simple quick notifications (small bit of text, a number or such like) to a watch for a quick glance. It is not the same as a push message and instead there may be a delay in the message appearing on the screen which is I guess when the watch may wake up.

I don't even wear a normal watch let alone an Apple/Android watch so it is at this time of zero value to me however I am not averse to adding it to the plugin - however I would like to know if before I do this whether or not it interests anyone or is of value to others? If that is the case I would do it soon.

Comment

however I would like to know if before I do this whether or not it interests anyone or is of value to others? If that is the case I would do it soon.
            I wear a Andriod Watch with me all day. So I'm always using it and interested in what it can do. With that said I'm unsure what options or features this will add and if they will be worth while. I receive push notifications already on the watch.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
              I wear a Andriod Watch with me all day. So I'm always using it and interested in what it can do. With that said I'm unsure what options or features this will add and if they will be worth while. I receive push notifications already on the watch.
              I'm not sure the Android watch can do anything yet according to the API and it is a to be introduced thing but the API should be consistent so if I add support then it should be ready for when it is released. In regard to features then if I look at the API page it appears that just very short bits of info like a number or a short string to sit in the background of the display screen.

Comment

I'm not sure the Android watch can do anything yet according to the API and it is a to be introduced thing but the API should be consistent so if I add support then it should be ready for when it is released. In regard to features then if I look at the API page it appears that just very short bits of info like a number or a short string to sit in the background of the display screen.
                It very well might not be worth your time (to me atleast) at this point if there is little to no usable features.

Comment

I wear an Apple Watch and am interested, though not a big deal if you don't have time - pushover messages still make it to my watch. if you go for it though and need a beta tester I'm happy to help....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pushover have a new API in beta released today called the Glances API (https://pushover.net/api/glances) which appears to be utilised for Apple Watch (and shortly to be Android watches) and able to display very simple quick notifications (small bit of text, a number or such like) to a watch for a quick glance. It is not the same as a push message and instead there may be a delay in the message appearing on the screen which is I guess when the watch may wake up.

I don't even wear a normal watch let alone an Apple/Android watch so it is at this time of zero value to me however I am not averse to adding it to the plugin - however I would like to know if before I do this whether or not it interests anyone or is of value to others? If that is the case I would do it soon.

+1

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Ok guys I've started something and may indeed need a tester so I'll be in touch when I have sorted something out.

Comment

question resolved

Originally posted by Kerat View Post
                        Thank you for your work on this plugin. I was able to get it installed on my HS 3.0.0.258 Linux build and integrated with my system pretty easily. thank you.
                        in case this helps anyone else, (Raspberry Pi, Zee S2, Pushover plugin installation) I managed to work this out by RTFM
                        the plugin literally needs to be dropped into the HomeSeer directory, I was using the wrong directory... on the Zee2 this is /usr/local/HomeSeer. The plugin then shows in the "manage plugins" sections as expected.

Comment

OK guys this is the beta version with what I think will be support for the new Glance message API. I've done some testing and it looks like it behaves as it should behave but not having the device (and the API itself is in beta so subject to change) that's a bit difficult.

It appears that you can either send just a static number like a percentage, or a combination of other data depending on the widget. I can't really support that end of things but it looks to me like I send the data correctly. You need to tick the check boxes for which bits of data you want to send.

Also of note is you cannot spam the server, I've put the 20 minute delay into the plugin itself so you can't send more than one message per device in a 20 minute period.

If anyone could test how it behaves and let me know that would be great.
                          Last edited by mrhappy; January 6, 2017, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Message Sound, Pushover Sound Only?

Having an issue, only noticed it yesterday.

Tried creating a new event and went to change the message sound. The default populated choice was 'pushover' instead of 'default' and no other choices exist.

For events created in the past, they are using and can see the selected sound. If I open the 'Send Pushover Message' section, the sound shows as 'pushover', dropdown has nothing else to select. Close the 'Send Pushover Message' section, the selected sound I use is there and works properly.

I am using version v0.0.0.25.

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by AutomatedJim View Post
                              Having an issue, only noticed it yesterday.

Tried creating a new event and went to change the message sound. The default populated choice was 'pushover' instead of 'default' and no other choices exist.

For events created in the past, they are using and can see the selected sound. If I open the 'Send Pushover Message' section, the sound shows as 'pushover', dropdown has nothing else to select. Close the 'Send Pushover Message' section, the selected sound I use is there and works properly.

I am using version v0.0.0.25.

Thanks,

Jim
                              If the sound dropdown has nothing in it then it suggests it has not managed (or for some reason has lost them although first I've known of it) to download the list from Pushover for reasons I'm not sure. Can I ask if you have tried restarting the plugin at all? There should be an entry in the HS log concerning how many sounds it has managed to download.

Comment

If the sound dropdown has nothing in it then it suggests it has not managed (or for some reason has lost them although first I've known of it) to download the list from Pushover for reasons I'm not sure. Can I ask if you have tried restarting the plugin at all? There should be an entry in the HS log concerning how many sounds it has managed to download.
                                I went a step further before posting, shutdown HS3 and rebooted the Pi3 this morning.

This is what is in the log:

Code:
                                [COLOR=#000000]Nov-20 09:17:05  [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Pushover 3P [/COLOR]  [COLOR=#000000] Attempting to produce a client/group list... [/COLOR]      [COLOR=#FF0000] 
                                Nov-20 09:17:05  [/COLOR][COLOR=#FF0000]Pushover 3P [/COLOR]  [COLOR=#FF0000] Error In SoundLoad: Error: NameResolutionFailure [/COLOR]      [COLOR=#000000] 
                                Nov-20 09:17:04  [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Pushover 3P [/COLOR]  [COLOR=#000000] Downloading sounds from Pushover
                                [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Nov-20 09:17:02  [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Pushover 3P [/COLOR]  [COLOR=#000000] Plugin Starting - Starting Thread[/COLOR]
                                The funny thing is, messages continue to work with the selected sound, I just can't program new ones or change the sound on ones already set and working.

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Working...
                                X