HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gsegovia15 View Post
    home seer is working right now. without the plug in. why do you say your confused, those something look wrong with the files. reason I ask is because I just transferred homeseer to a new pc. I have been having issues with imperihome and hstouch plug in. I'm still very new at HS3 coming from Veraplus.
    The plugin has just one file, HSPI_PUSHOVER3P.exe, that file needs to be in the directory you posted with all of the other plugin files that all start HSPI_ that's the way HS finds the plugins. Providing it is in this directory when you go to the plugin page it should be in there and you can enable it.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
      The plugin has just one file, HSPI_PUSHOVER3P.exe, that file needs to be in the directory you posted with all of the other plugin files that all start HSPI_ that's the way HS finds the plugins. Providing it is in this directory when you go to the plugin page it should be in there and you can enable it.
      It's working now. Thank you

Comment

Hopefully someone else can put a real life spin on this but I did have Pushover on a partners phone and just logged in with my Pushover login (the app has it's own login screen) and then had two devices in HS, albeit my partners phone was Android rather than iOS so don't know how to change this.

I think the idea of groups is more if say you ran an IT department and wanted separate users who did not share login details, as it's someone in your house that shouldn't be as big an issue.
        Thanks a lot for the explanation.

I went ahead and bought an in-app license on my iPhone which I could reuse on my wife's iPhone. We're now using a shared Pushover account where we have one device each defined. I can now send individual messages or group messages. Very nice!

Comment

This is working great on HS3Pro Linux. This should be part of official build . Thank you so much for developing this plugin.

Why don't you make this part of official plugin list ?

Comment

Originally posted by mmoud View Post
            This is working great on HS3Pro Linux. This should be part of official build . Thank you so much for developing this plugin.

Why don't you make this part of official plugin list ?
            Thank you for the feedback and glad it is of use to you, in terms of the last question there are a few posts about it on this thread but basically the HS policy is clear (http://www.homeseer.com/3rd-party-de...on-policy.html) - "However, free add-ons will not be listed in the updater and will not be promoted through our online store. Authors of free add-ons are not eligible for developer support through HST", their adherence to the policy appears less clear as there are plugins in the updater that are free. I did send a message asking for clarity and consideration of inclusion but did not get a reply.

Comment

Thank you for the feedback and glad it is of use to you, in terms of the last question there are a few posts about it on this thread but basically the HS policy is clear (http://www.homeseer.com/3rd-party-de...on-policy.html) - "However, free add-ons will not be listed in the updater and will not be promoted through our online store. Authors of free add-ons are not eligible for developer support through HST", their adherence to the policy appears less clear as there are plugins in the updater that are free. I did send a message asking for clarity and consideration of inclusion but did not get a reply.
              May be charge a $1 and they will be happy and you can enjoy some beer with that

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi Adam,

Is there a way to retrieve the available Device/Group listing and the available sound listing through scripting commands?

Thanks
                Al
                Last edited by sparkman; December 18, 2016, 01:13 PM.
                HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                  Hi Adam,

Is there a way to retrieve the available Device/Group listing and the available sound listing through scripting commands?

Thanks
                  Al
                  Al, although I have not tried it in a while (it should still work) there is the function if you call PluginPropertyGet of returndevices, that should recover a list of devices/groups setup in the plugin. I can add a list of sounds if you wish but it would only be the same as you can get by calling https://api.pushover.net/1/sounds.json?token=(your app token) as the list never changes.

Comment

Al, although I have not tried it in a while (it should still work) there is the function if you call PluginPropertyGet of returndevices, that should recover a list of devices/groups setup in the plugin. I can add a list of sounds if you wish but it would only be the same as you can get by calling https://api.pushover.net/1/sounds.json?token=(your app token) as the list never changes.
                    Thanks Adam, will give that a try. For the sounds, I'd like to incorporate a drop down in the configuration page for my lock events script (http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=172326) rather than a person having to type in the value. If I could query the plugin, then the web page does not need to know the app token.

Thanks
                    Al

Comment

Thanks Adam, will give that a try. For the sounds, I'd like to incorporate a drop down in the configuration page for my lock events script (http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=172326) rather than a person having to type in the value. If I could query the plugin, then the web page does not need to know the app token.

Thanks
                      Al
                      Ok no problems I can see a value in adding it then, could I ask whether you can check whether the other command works first? If that does not work then I'll fix that as well - they were added for integration with WeatherXML.

Comment

Ok no problems I can see a value in adding it then, could I ask whether you can check whether the other command works first? If that does not work then I'll fix that as well - they were added for integration with WeatherXML.
                        Thanks Adam, yes, returndevices works great.

Cheers
                        Al

Comment

Thanks Adam, yes, returndevices works great.

Cheers
                          Al
                          Al - I've posted version .27 in the top thread, the function is returnsounds and should work based on my testing. Let me know if you need anything additional or if there are any issues.

Code:
                          Sub Main(ByVal Parm As Object)

Try

Dim sounds() as String

sounds = hs.PluginPropertyGet("Pushover 3P", "", "returnsounds", nothing)

For each sound as string in sounds
                                      hs.writelog("Pushover Sound", sound)
                                  next 

Catch ex As Exception : hs.writelog("", "Exception: " & ex.message)
                              End Try

End Sub

Comment

Al - I've posted version .27 in the top thread, the function is returnsounds and should work based on my testing. Let me know if you need anything additional or if there are any issues.
                            Great, thanks Adam! Will try it later today and let you know.

Cheers
                            Al

Comment

Hi Adam,

Works great. Thanks again!

I have a question related to the 'PushScript' plugin function. For the Device Name/Index(0) in the array, can multiple devices be passed to it? If so, what's the syntax for it?

Thanks
                              Al

Comment

Hi Adam,

Works great. Thanks again!

I have a question related to the 'PushScript' plugin function. For the Device Name/Index(0) in the array, can multiple devices be passed to it? If so, what's the syntax for it?

Thanks
                                Al
                                No worries Al, it was only about five lines of code as it was already stored in an array. In terms of the Index 0 for PushScript then it should accept a | (ASCII Character 124) separated list if you wish to pass multiple devices to it. Not sure I've tried it by script but it should work exactly the same as that is how the action drop down does it.

Comment

Working...
                                X