HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
    No worries Al, it was only about five lines of code as it was already stored in an array. In terms of the Index 0 for PushScript then it should accept a | (ASCII Character 124) separated list if you wish to pass multiple devices to it. Not sure I've tried it by script but it should work exactly the same as that is how the action drop down does it.
    Thanks Adam, the | works great.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

not working...

Dec-28 6:30:00 AM Pushover 3P Unknown Exception in Pushmessage: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Can anyone help me out?

Comment

Originally posted by ghlacy View Post
        Dec-28 6:30:00 AM Pushover 3P Unknown Exception in Pushmessage: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Can anyone help me out?
        I'm afraid I'm going to need a bit more - when you load the plugin does it give any errors? Does the HomeSeer log show any success at downloading the sounds from Pushover (should say how many sounds it has managed to download). Usually this points to incorrect details in the config page.

Comment

Embed images in Pushover messages

Installed the plugin, great to see it just works and does what it promises to do. Thanks for the good work!

Currently I have a setup that sends a picture from the webcam at the door the moment the doorbel rings. I am using e-mail and a small script to do so.

I am wondering if this is something I could with Pushover.

Here are my thoughts:
          • If I understand correctly I cannot attach any images to a pushover message.
          • I believe it is possible to add URL's to a Pushover message that can be opened automatically using the option "Auto-open URL's"
          • I do not want to have a URL that points to my internal (home) storage because of security

To make this happen I have the following challenges:
          • I will have to use an intermediate platform like eg. Onedrive to store the captured images
          • What would be the best way to copy a file from homeseer to Onedrive?
          • How do I preserve the URL, insert it in the pushover message and open it automatically?

Open for brilliant ideas !

Francois

Comment

Originally posted by fvhemert View Post
            Installed the plugin, great to see it just works and does what it promises to do. Thanks for the good work!

Currently I have a setup that sends a picture from the webcam at the door the moment the doorbel rings. I am using e-mail and a small script to do so.

I am wondering if this is something I could with Pushover.

Here are my thoughts:
            • If I understand correctly I cannot attach any images to a pushover message.
            • I believe it is possible to add URL's to a Pushover message that can be opened automatically using the option "Auto-open URL's"
            • I do not want to have a URL that points to my internal (home) storage because of security

To make this happen I have the following challenges:
            • I will have to use an intermediate platform like eg. Onedrive to store the captured images
            • What would be the best way to copy a file from homeseer to Onedrive?
            • How do I preserve the URL, insert it in the pushover message and open it automatically?

Open for brilliant ideas !

Francois
            Unfortunately it is not an easy way to do this as I have thought of it before, you are correct in your thoughts that you cannot send pictures in the messages as it stands with Pushover. Others may have got a solution to this already and offer an input. The thoughts I had was;

1) Run a very small web server dedicated to this task of hosting the images, that way it is a bit more simple to copy a file from a HS script into the web server directory that allows you more control. Downside is all the issues around hosting, port forwarding, security etc.

2) Upload it to web space, should be possible with the hs.ftp command (if it works) to upload an image then you can point to it in a Pushover message. Then you have to worry about cost, subscriptions to hosting companies.

In terms of OneDrive, Google Drive, DropBox then I've also thought of this but the option of using say the desktop client and just copying a file then it would be a worry of mine about whether the image you are viewing is actually the image you wish to see. From my experience with Google Drive it seems to be quite slow to upload files, there may be options in terms of .net libraries that offer assurances of the uploaded files being actually there.

The other consideration may be PushBullet - I think that supports sending images but you'd need to do a bit of research as I don't know anything really about it.

Comment

HS3 298 freezes for 3 minutes with Pushover 27

As the title suggests, I'm trying to use version 27 of the Pushover plugin with HS3 298. I can receive push notifications, but they come 3 minutes after I manually trigger the event and during those 3 minutes, HS3 is completely unresponsive. Here are what the logs look like:
              Dec-29 10:14:46 AM Event Event Trigger "Notifications Push Test Event"
              Dec-29 10:18:50 AM Pushover 3P Pushover Notification Sent - Message Title: Testing

Any thoughts on what is going on during those three minutes and how I might correct the issue?

Thank you for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Beltane View Post
                As the title suggests, I'm trying to use version 27 of the Pushover plugin with HS3 298. I can receive push notifications, but they come 3 minutes after I manually trigger the event and during those 3 minutes, HS3 is completely unresponsive. Here are what the logs look like:
                Dec-29 10:14:46 AM Event Event Trigger "Notifications Push Test Event"
                Dec-29 10:18:50 AM Pushover 3P Pushover Notification Sent - Message Title: Testing

Any thoughts on what is going on during those three minutes and how I might correct the issue?

Thank you for your help.
                No and it's not something I've seen before or been reported to me, can I ask what other plugins you are running on the system and what type of system is it (Linux/Windows)? It may point to a issue with HS being locked due to something playing up - do other events with the plugin disabled still run OK?

Comment

2) Upload it to web space, should be possible with the hs.ftp command (if it works) to upload an image then you can point to it in a Pushover message.
                  This is what I do and it's been working well. I already had some web space, so in my case there was no additional cost.

Cheers
                  Al
                  HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                  Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I'm afraid I'm going to need a bit more - when you load the plugin does it give any errors? Does the HomeSeer log show any success at downloading the sounds from Pushover (should say how many sounds it has managed to download). Usually this points to incorrect details in the config page.
                    Dec-29 1:59:04 PM Pushover 3P Downloaded 22 sounds from Pushover - Adding Device Default
                    Dec-29 1:59:04 PM Pushover 3P Downloading sounds from Pushover
                    Dec-29 1:59:03 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Pushover 3P
                    Dec-29 1:59:03 PM Info Plugin Pushover 3P has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:50217
                    Dec-29 1:58:53 PM Plug-In Found plug-in: Pushover 3P, version: 0.0.0.25

does this help?

Comment

No and it's not something I've seen before or been reported to me, can I ask what other plugins you are running on the system and what type of system is it (Linux/Windows)? It may point to a issue with HS being locked due to something playing up - do other events with the plugin disabled still run OK?
                      I am using:
                      Ecobee 3.0.0.13
                      HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68
                      ImperiHome 3.0.0.13
                      MCSSPRINKLERS 2.17.0.0
                      Nest 3.0.0.21
                      PHLocation 3.0.1..52
                      Pushover 0.0.0.24 (It was 27, but I went back to the one that worked for me in July, though it has the same issue. Of course, I was running a different version of homeseer then.)
                      Z-Wave 3.0.1.87

It is a Windows 10 Pro, build 10586.

BTW, I just disabled everything except for Pushover and Z-Wave and the same thing happens. There is nothing in the logs between the event and the pushover log line. All I have, for example, is:
                      Dec-29 4:46:01 PM Pushover 3P Pushover Notification Sent - Message Title: Testing
                      Dec-29 4:41:57 PM Event Event Trigger "Notifications Push Test Event"
                      Last edited by Beltane; December 29, 2016, 07:48 PM. Reason: More info

Comment

Originally posted by ghlacy View Post
                        Dec-29 1:59:04 PM Pushover 3P Downloaded 22 sounds from Pushover - Adding Device Default
                        Dec-29 1:59:04 PM Pushover 3P Downloading sounds from Pushover
                        Dec-29 1:59:03 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Pushover 3P
                        Dec-29 1:59:03 PM Info Plugin Pushover 3P has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:50217
                        Dec-29 1:58:53 PM Plug-In Found plug-in: Pushover 3P, version: 0.0.0.25

does this help?
                        Well it supports some of the user data being correct - can you attach a screenshot of your event setup for a sample message, please send it when the event is collapsed. Something is missing somewhere but unfortunately it's not quite possible to determine where, there is potentially just a bit of data missing.

Originally posted by Beltane View Post
                        I am using:
                        Ecobee 3.0.0.13
                        HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68
                        ImperiHome 3.0.0.13
                        MCSSPRINKLERS 2.17.0.0
                        Nest 3.0.0.21
                        PHLocation 3.0.1..52
                        Pushover 0.0.0.24 (It was 27, but I went back to the one that worked for me in July, though it has the same issue. Of course, I was running a different version of homeseer then.)
                        Z-Wave 3.0.1.87

It is a Windows 10 Pro, build 10586.

BTW, I just disabled everything except for Pushover and Z-Wave and the same thing happens. There is nothing in the logs between the event and the pushover log line. All I have, for example, is:
                        Dec-29 4:46:01 PM Pushover 3P Pushover Notification Sent - Message Title: Testing
                        Dec-29 4:41:57 PM Event Event Trigger "Notifications Push Test Event"
                        I'm at a bit of a loss with this unfortunately, there is nothing really in the plugin that I think could cause a delay of quite this long. I guess what might be important to establish whether or not the plugin is delayed in getting the call to send the message. The notification sent message means that the plugin has been called, it has the information, it has made the call to the web server, it's been successful and then come back. The default is 100 seconds for the webclient to timeout which still would not explain this length of time and would anticipate someone else would've reported it.

If you wish to send me an email through the message board I can take a look at your debug log in a bit more detail and find where the problem might lie.

Comment

Thanks for your answers.

1) Run a very small web server dedicated to this task of hosting the images, that way it is a bit more simple to copy a file from a HS script into the web server directory that allows you more control. Downside is all the issues around hosting, port forwarding, security etc.
                          Exactly my concerns, the only remote access I have is through VPN, including that into the already complex setup might make things even worse....

2) Upload it to web space, should be possible with the hs.ftp command (if it works) to upload an image then you can point to it in a Pushover message. Then you have to worry about cost, subscriptions to hosting companies.
                          By default OneDrive does not support ftp (wonder why ) but there are products around (eg. https://www.smartftp.com/client/editions ) that offer this. Will invest some time in finding out if there is a reliable and affordable alternative.

In terms of OneDrive, Google Drive, DropBox then I've also thought of this but the option of using say the desktop client and just copying a file then it would be a worry of mine about whether the image you are viewing is actually the image you wish to see. From my experience with Google Drive it seems to be quite slow to upload files, there may be options in terms of .net libraries that offer assurances of the uploaded files being actually there.
                          Yes, thought of that to, if you install the client on a win10 machine, you will have local folders that are synchronized to the cloud storage. I have tried this with OneDrive but have the same experience as what you are describing on Google Drive, just too slow and unpredictable...

The other consideration may be PushBullet - I think that supports sending images but you'd need to do a bit of research as I don't know anything really about it.
                          PushBullet is new to me too, I will check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by ghlacy

Can anyone help me out?

I have the same issue as ghlacy.
                            Same info in log, 22 sounds downloaded and everything looks correct in the config page.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy81 View Post
                              I have the same issue as ghlacy.
                              Same info in log, 22 sounds downloaded and everything looks correct in the config page.
                              Could you please email me a copy of your configuration INI file through the message board or send me a PM with it? I'll try and sort and hopefully identify the issue for others.

Comment

I've relented and this plugin is now in the updater, nothing changes apart from where to find it and hopefully now there will be no confusion as to where to find it and how to install it. The documentation link is in the first thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X