HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
    Yes, and mine shows the "+ widget" next to my iphone just like the capture.
    Pushover have replied with;

Hi, it looks like the values you sent yesterday for that request
    were not different than what was sent before, so it did not actually
    trigger an update to the device. Try sending a different value for
    the 'text' parameter and it should push a notification to the watch.
    So it appears that if you don't send different values all of the time the watch never knows about it - are you able to see if that helps?

Also I've made a modification to the issue that was causing a delay - is it possible someone could try this and see if it helped at all?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5D...ew?usp=sharing

Thanks...

Comment

I tested this version:

The glance message was still not received on my watch--I tried changing the text to something new--no joy. When I tested the glance message it halted homeseer for a minute like before. Also halted homeseer when trying to send a regular pushover message and introduced the delay sending the message again. Needless to say I reverted back to the previous .30 test version. Thanks again for looking into this. I am not convinced that the glance message issue is a problem with the plugin. I wish I could test it via another route like ifttt or something. Does anyone know of another way to send a pushover glance message to watch?

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
      Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
      Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

I tested this version:

The glance message was still not received on my watch--I tried changing the text to something new--no joy. When I tested the glance message it halted homeseer for a minute like before. Also halted homeseer when trying to send a regular pushover message and introduced the delay sending the message again. Needless to say I reverted back to the previous .30 test version. Thanks again for looking into this. I am not convinced that the glance message issue is a problem with the plugin. I wish I could test it via another route like ifttt or something. Does anyone know of another way to send a pushover glance message to watch?
        Ok thanks for testing, I guess there is something strange in that function that causes a halt but I am at a loss as to what it might be, as a test could I ask you to do the following in the HS control panel as an immediate script command;

&hs.writelog("", hs.wanip)

and

&hs.writelog("", hs.SystemUpTime)

Then could you look in the log and see whether or not there is a delay or hang up with these appearing in the HS log?

On the other issue (which I don't think is related) I'm at a bit of a loss, the message is sent and then it is checked by Pushover which replies whether or not the message has been sent correctly. It is replying that it has been sent OK and issuing the receipt number which it wouldn't do if the plugin is sending incorrect data or values.

Pushover obviously say there is up to a 10 minute delay with the messages appearing and also they are not sent if the sent data is the same as previously sent data which appears to be a battery life measure. As others seem to get the message on their watch again I'd be inclined to think it is something to do with your setup.

Can I ask if you have tried sending other data like numbers or have you only tried with text?

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
          Ok thanks for testing, I guess there is something strange in that function that causes a halt but I am at a loss as to what it might be, as a test could I ask you to do the following in the HS control panel as an immediate script command;

and

Then could you look in the log and see whether or not there is a delay or hang up with these appearing in the HS log?
          I will try this and get back to you.

Can I ask if you have tried sending other data like numbers or have you only tried with text?
          I tried to send a percentage as well, and nothing shows on the watch. I've noticed that I am having issues adding the complications to certain faces. For example, I am not able to add it to the face that Cheeryfool showed as an example. After removing pushover from the watch, and re-installing I am actually not able to add the pushover complication to any watch face despite the complication being enabled under settings\complications in the watch app. I have put in a support request with pushover.

Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue

Comment

and

When I execute the first command it takes a minute for the reply of "unknown" to be returned. Likely this is a result of the gateway I am using that will block this traffic.

When I execute the second command, the log is immediately populated with the uptime.

On the other issue (which I don't think is related) I'm at a bit of a loss, the message is sent and then it is checked by Pushover which replies whether or not the message has been sent correctly. It is replying that it has been sent OK and issuing the receipt number which it wouldn't do if the plugin is sending incorrect data or values.
            I have finally gotten the glance message to show up on my phone. What I did was remove all apps with complications from the watch, then re-add pushover. Now I am able to put the complication on any watch face that supports that size complication. This seems like it is a bug either in how Apple implemented the complications, or with one of the other two apps I have on my watch with complications. I will say, the data field is appropriately named.

Comment

When I execute the first command it takes a minute for the reply of "unknown" to be returned. Likely this is a result of the gateway I am using that will block this traffic.

When I execute the second command, the log is immediately populated with the uptime.

I have finally gotten the glance message to show up on my phone. What I did was remove all apps with complications from the watch, then re-add pushover. Now I am able to put the complication on any watch face that supports that size complication. This seems like it is a bug either in how Apple implemented the complications, or with one of the other two apps I have on my watch with complications. I will say, the data field is appropriately named.
              Thanks for letting me know, I think the first issue you tested is the problem. Even though I thought the call would not be made it appears it is, as the delay is the same as you and others see and it appears to only cause an issue to certain users then I think that there is a bug in the hs.wanip call (it also returns unknown to me and I reported it as a bug ages ago) that can cause a hang. I've removed it in version .30 and now put that in the updater.

Good to see the watch is working, the Pushover API and app I believe is still in beta so it could be a bug in the app but I'm unlikely to succumb to buying a watch anytime soon so I'm afraid I can only give limited advice on how to fix issues.

Comment

Thanks for letting me know, I think the first issue you tested is the problem. Even though I thought the call would not be made it appears it is, as the delay is the same as you and others see and it appears to only cause an issue to certain users then I think that there is a bug in the hs.wanip call (it also returns unknown to me and I reported it as a bug ages ago) that can cause a hang. I've removed it in version .30 and now put that in the updater.
                Sounds good. v.30 has been solid since you posted it.

Good to see the watch is working, the Pushover API and app I believe is still in beta so it could be a bug in the app but I'm unlikely to succumb to buying a watch anytime soon so I'm afraid I can only give limited advice on how to fix issues.
                I think the plugin is performing perfectly. Though if there were an option to limit the glance api call in a different way it would make a few things easier. FYI I have a device that will change 3-4 times a day that I want to track, but it might change within 5 minutes. With the current 20 minute limitation I need to get creative with events to try to capture that one change. Perhaps restrict it to 20 glance API calls per day?

There are a few plugins that include message panel devices (RFXComm, and pHLocation). These devices inherit the string from a subset of plugin devices when those devices change. These message panel devices make it really easy to add pushover notifications for a large number of devices with one event. What would be really amazing is to have the ability to create a message panel device, and select devices to inherit status from. Not sure if this is doable, but I think it would really make using pushover with homeseer really a lot more efficient for a large number of devices.

Comment

Sounds good. v.30 has been solid since you posted it.

I think the plugin is performing perfectly. Though if there were an option to limit the glance api call in a different way it would make a few things easier. FYI I have a device that will change 3-4 times a day that I want to track, but it might change within 5 minutes. With the current 20 minute limitation I need to get creative with events to try to capture that one change. Perhaps restrict it to 20 glance API calls per day?

There are a few plugins that include message panel devices (RFXComm, and pHLocation). These devices inherit the string from a subset of plugin devices when those devices change. These message panel devices make it really easy to add pushover notifications for a large number of devices with one event. What would be really amazing is to have the ability to create a message panel device, and select devices to inherit status from. Not sure if this is doable, but I think it would really make using pushover with homeseer really a lot more efficient for a large number of devices.
                  Good to hear version .30 is working well, thanks for testing it.

I'm reliant on Pushovers advice here in the API for the glance messages (https://pushover.net/api/glances) which has the recommendation of waiting at least 20 minutes between message sends. It's not a daily total it appears, at some point if you have sent too many (and I don't know what this value is) it will just cease processing. I'm trying to think of a way around this, it might be possible to have a script that triggered when the device changed value. This script then tried to send the glance message, if it is successful it should reply with the integer 1, if not something else. If it does not get a successful reply it could wait 60 seconds and try again? I might have a think about whether it would work.

In terms of the message panel are you able to attach a screenshot, not being a user of either of those plugins I can't quite picture what it might mean and how easy it would be to implement but I'm not against new changes if they are reasonable...

Comment

Good to hear version .30 is working well, thanks for testing it.

I'm reliant on Pushovers advice here in the API for the glance messages (https://pushover.net/api/glances) which has the recommendation of waiting at least 20 minutes between message sends. It's not a daily total it appears, at some point if you have sent too many (and I don't know what this value is) it will just cease processing. I'm trying to think of a way around this, it might be possible to have a script that triggered when the device changed value. This script then tried to send the glance message, if it is successful it should reply with the integer 1, if not something else. If it does not get a successful reply it could wait 60 seconds and try again? I might have a think about whether it would work.
                    No problem if the one message/20 minutes is something that pushover asks you to incorporate. I should be able to work around it without too much extra effort. Just thought I would ask in case there was an way to limit the calls that better fit with how I would use the glances.

In terms of the message panel are you able to attach a screenshot, not being a user of either of those plugins I can't quite picture what it might mean and how easy it would be to implement but I'm not against new changes if they are reasonable...
                    Sure I have attached the pHLocation message panel.

I am imagining a option on the pushover plugin config page to create and name the panel. And then on the message panel device that is created a pushover tab with some sort of device picker.
                    Attached Files

Comment

No problem if the one message/20 minutes is something that pushover asks you to incorporate. I should be able to work around it without too much extra effort. Just thought I would ask in case there was an way to limit the calls that better fit with how I would use the glances.

Sure I have attached the pHLocation message panel.

I am imagining a option on the pushover plugin config page to create and name the panel. And then on the message panel device that is created a pushover tab with some sort of device picker.
                      I'll have a think about that one as a feature but I can't quite get my head around it at the minute understanding how it would work with Pushover, I'll sleep on it.

Comment

Cannot turn sound notifications off any more

I have been using this plugin for a while and nearly all of my notification sounds are set to silent. Now I created 2 new notifications (as action in an event), but now on the drop down menu for Message sounds I get 'pushover' as the only option. There used to be a lot of different sounds, including silent. Even in my 'old' notifications, in the summary they show silent, and they still are, but when I open the action its showing as pushover, and again as the only option.

Comment

The message list is loaded when the plugin starts and it gets the list from Pushover - it should say in the HS log how many sounds it's managed to obtain. Can you try re-starting the plugin and seeing if it reports how many sounds it has downloaded?

Comment

Looks like 22 sounds:

Mar-22 19:43:44 Pushover 3P Attempting To Produce a Client/Group List
                            Mar-22 19:43:44 Pushover 3P Downloaded 22 sounds from Pushover - Adding Device Default
                            Mar-22 19:43:44 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Pushover 3P
                            Mar-22 19:43:44 Pushover 3P Downloading sounds from Pushover
                            Mar-22 19:43:44 Pushover 3P Plugin Starting - Starting Thread

And that plugin restart solved the problem. All there again. So it just wanted a restart.

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
                              Looks like 22 sounds:

Mar-22 19:43:44 Pushover 3P Attempting To Produce a Client/Group List
                              Mar-22 19:43:44 Pushover 3P Downloaded 22 sounds from Pushover - Adding Device Default
                              Mar-22 19:43:44 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Pushover 3P
                              Mar-22 19:43:44 Pushover 3P Downloading sounds from Pushover
                              Mar-22 19:43:44 Pushover 3P Plugin Starting - Starting Thread

And that plugin restart solved the problem. All there again. So it just wanted a restart.
                              Well it's good the sounds are back, they are stored in a hashtable (or an array, can't remember at the minute) that should not realistically be deleted or emptied whilst the plugin is running (I don't think I put any code in the plugin at all to delete entries from it). If it happens again could you tell me whether you run HS on Linux/Windows, which version of the plugin and I'll take a look see whether or not it is some known issue.

Comment

Not working from within HomeSeer

I signed up for an account, got a user key and an app key, downloaded the app to my iPhone and can successfully push a message from the website account to the app on the iPhone with the assigned sound.

I installed the plugin on HS. The .ini that came with the install had an app key already on it which confused me. It said "My HomeSeer" followed by the equal sign and a key string (not mine and not one I had seen before). I put in my user key, wrote an event, but got an error at restarting the plugin about "My HomeSeer" not being registered. I went back and put in the app name as I had created it online "HomeSeer" and used my app key from there, then stopped and restarted the plugin. That took care of the error but when I then try to push a message from HomeSeer I get an error about an invalid user or user key. I have checked the user key several times and it seems to be correct. See attachments.

Would appreciate any idea of what is wrong here. Note that no matter what I choose for Select Device(s)/Groups that blue line stays there. I do have ALL and owners checked.

In the .ini file, I have my usr key in the first section, the APITokens section has the HomeSeer= (string), and Clients has Owners=Nothing
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X