HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smcwilliams View Post
    I signed up for an account, got a user key and an app key, downloaded the app to my iPhone and can successfully push a message from the website account to the app on the iPhone with the assigned sound.

I installed the plugin on HS. The .ini that came with the install had an app key already on it which confused me. It said "My HomeSeer" followed by the equal sign and a key string (not mine and not one I had seen before). I put in my user key, wrote an event, but got an error at restarting the plugin about "My HomeSeer" not being registered. I went back and put in the app name as I had created it online "HomeSeer" and used my app key from there, then stopped and restarted the plugin. That took care of the error but when I then try to push a message from HomeSeer I get an error about an invalid user or user key. I have checked the user key several times and it seems to be correct. See attachments.

Would appreciate any idea of what is wrong here. Note that no matter what I choose for Select Device(s)/Groups that blue line stays there. I do have ALL and owners checked.

In the .ini file, I have my usr key in the first section, the APITokens section has the HomeSeer= (string), and Clients has Owners=Nothing
    The plugin does not come with the INI file (it comes with three files, an icon, the plugin and an installer file - that's it - HomeSeer creates the file for me when the plugin is loaded) so I'm not sure how an API key has ended up there and I am not sure why it has entries in it as the names don't appear to be anything similar to what is in the code. Have you ever installed the plugin before some time ago?

Could I ask you to PM me with the contents of your INI file so I can take a look and find the issue?

Comment

Some progress...

I had someone else look over my key and the .ini...somehow when I copy/pasted my key over from the website to the .ini file, the first letter was doubled so the key in the .ini was indeed wrong. Got that corrected. But now when I kick off the test push (about the dryer being finished cf supra), I get:

Unknown Exception in Pushmessage: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      Again, that's using the HS event pictured in the posting above. I did try to disable the plugin and re-enable but still got that unknown exception.

Cheers,
      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by smcwilliams View Post
        I had someone else look over my key and the .ini...somehow when I copy/pasted my key over from the website to the .ini file, the first letter was doubled so the key in the .ini was indeed wrong. Got that corrected. But now when I kick off the test push (about the dryer being finished cf supra), I get:

Again, that's using the HS event pictured in the posting above. I did try to disable the plugin and re-enable but still got that unknown exception.

Cheers,
        Scott
        I've just sent you a silent test message and can confirm your user key and API token are correct (when you remove the first duplicate letter as you say). If you have that error I would firstly re-create the event in case there is old bad data in it, then check what you have ticked in the devices/groups drop down - select all clients to start with and then try selecting the single devices if you wish to send to a specific device.

Comment

Pushover messages disabled

Wondering if someone could assist as I am stumped. I apologize in advance if this has been covered already as I could not find anything using the search. I have been using pushover for quite some time now with Homeseer. Just recently it has stopped working and I see "Pushover 3P Messages Disabled in Pushover Device" within my logs. I have tried disabling the plugin and re enabling it to no avail. I have also tried re entering my User and API keys and still nothing.

I have attached my startup of the plugin and I manually triggered an event I know has worked previously.

Apr-11 10:56:25 PM Pushover 3P Messages Disabled in Pushover Device
          Apr-11 10:55:47 PM Pushover 3P Plugin Started
          Apr-11 10:55:47 PM Pushover 3P Starting Flood Control Timer
          Apr-11 10:55:47 PM Pushover 3P Glance Message Delay Value: 20
          Apr-11 10:55:45 PM Pushover 3P Downloaded 22 sounds from Pushover - Adding Device Default
          Apr-11 10:55:45 PM Pushover 3P Attempting To Produce a Client/Group List
          Apr-11 10:55:44 PM Pushover 3P Downloading sounds from Pushover
          Apr-11 10:55:44 PM Pushover 3P Plugin Starting - Starting Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Ronco View Post
            Wondering if someone could assist as I am stumped. I apologize in advance if this has been covered already as I could not find anything using the search. I have been using pushover for quite some time now with Homeseer. Just recently it has stopped working and I see "Pushover 3P Messages Disabled in Pushover Device" within my logs. I have tried disabling the plugin and re enabling it to no avail. I have also tried re entering my User and API keys and still nothing.

I have attached my startup of the plugin and I manually triggered an event I know has worked previously.

Apr-11 10:56:25 PM Pushover 3P Messages Disabled in Pushover Device
            Apr-11 10:55:47 PM Pushover 3P Plugin Started
            Apr-11 10:55:47 PM Pushover 3P Starting Flood Control Timer
            Apr-11 10:55:47 PM Pushover 3P Glance Message Delay Value: 20
            Apr-11 10:55:45 PM Pushover 3P Downloaded 22 sounds from Pushover - Adding Device Default
            Apr-11 10:55:45 PM Pushover 3P Attempting To Produce a Client/Group List
            Apr-11 10:55:44 PM Pushover 3P Downloading sounds from Pushover
            Apr-11 10:55:44 PM Pushover 3P Plugin Starting - Starting Thread
            I had that message once when my wife disabled notifications for the Pushover app in her iPhone...

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post
              I had that message once when my wife disabled notifications for the Pushover app in her iPhone...
              I thought it may have been the app on my phone, (only installed on my phone) but if I test a message from the pushover site it works fine.

I tried removing the application keys from both the HS side and Pushover side and recreating new ones and I am still getting the same error.

Completely lost on this one.

Comment

And just like that I have figured it out. I feel a bit embarrassed to say the least as to why it wasn't working. I should have checked that the device itself was enabled..... Not sure why or how it got disabled since that device is always hidden from my views.

Live and learn I guess :s

Comment

Originally posted by Ronco View Post
                  And just like that I have figured it out. I feel a bit embarrassed to say the least as to why it wasn't working. I should have checked that the device itself was enabled..... Not sure why or how it got disabled since that device is always hidden from my views.

Live and learn I guess :s
                  It should've been enabled by default so don't be too hard on yourself, I'll pop it on the list to fix in a future release. Glad you got it working and hope the plugin works out well for you.

Comment

Just installed the plug-in today via the Updater. I see this in the log:
                    May-18 12:42:16 PM Warning File does not exist: /usr/local/HomeSeer/html/images/pushovericon_small.png

Presumably this is why I see no status icons in Device Management.

Comment

Originally posted by andyf View Post
                      Just installed the plug-in today via the Updater. I see this in the log:
                      May-18 12:42:16 PM Warning File does not exist: /usr/local/HomeSeer/html/images/pushovericon_small.png

Presumably this is why I see no status icons in Device Management.
                      I thought I put something about this in the documentation but not sure now, I'm not allowed to distribute the plugin with the Pushover icon but I use the icon. It is available on the Pushover website if you do wish to use the icon and you can name it with the same file name and it will show the icon in all of the devices.

If you don't wish to use the icon then the best option is probably to just select another icon or the default icon (the images/Devices/Image-Not-Selected.png file).

Comment

Cannot add an application

I'm trying to configure a new installation of this plugin, but I don't seem to be able to add the application.

I've gotten an account and key, and plugin application set up on pushover.net; a manual push makes it to my android device just fine. However, attempting to configure the application key in the pushover plugin fails:

On the pushover config page, I see:
                        Code:
                        Application FAILED to validate with Pushover...
                        and in the logs:

Code:
                        May-24 3:13:17 PM	 	Pushover 3P	Application Verification Failed
                        May-24 3:13:17 PM	 	Pushover 3P	Error Validating Application: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
                        I'm running v0.30 of the pushover plugin, as installed from the plugin store. Server is HS3 on a hometrollerSEL

Any ideas what I may be running into?

Comment

Code:
                          May-25 9:00:37 AM	Pushover 3P	Error POST URL: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdom View Post
                            Code:
                            May-25 9:00:37 AM	Pushover 3P	Error POST URL: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                            Hi Adam,

I started seeing the same thing yesterday. Stopping and restarting the plugin did not resolve it. The messages are delivered properly.

Thanks
                            Al
                            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I noticed these this morning too. Messages also successfully received.
                              cheeryfool

Comment

+1 here too.

Comment

Working...
                                X