No announcement yet.

HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should be fixed guys with version .31 in the updater - appears to work for me fine here.

Pushover for reasons probably best known to themselves appear to have changed (without any obvious notification of this) the structure of the reply you get when you send a message and also attempt to load the sounds, it used to be at /hash/status now it is at /response/status (also /response/sounds now). As such the message would get there fine but when I tried to get the status of the message (whether sent or not sent) it would error, the plugin also would not be able to load the list of sounds when you loaded the plugin because of this change - although if you had not shut the plugin down since this change you wouldn't see it as the data is kept within the plugin until it is shut down.

Thanks for pointing it out to me - I barely check the log here and kept on receiving the messages so thought nothing was wrong!

Edit: Anyone who downloaded it in the last five minutes since this post needs to re-download it, there were still more places this might've failed in the plugin
    Last edited by mrhappy; May 25, 2017, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
      Should be fixed guys with version .31 in the updater - appears to work for me fine here.

Pushover for reasons probably best known to themselves appear to have changed (without any obvious notification of this) the structure of the reply you get when you send a message and also attempt to load the sounds, it used to be at /hash/status now it is at /response/status (also /response/sounds now). As such the message would get there fine but when I tried to get the status of the message (whether sent or not sent) it would error, the plugin also would not be able to load the list of sounds when you loaded the plugin because of this change - although if you had not shut the plugin down since this change you wouldn't see it as the data is kept within the plugin until it is shut down.

Thanks for pointing it out to me - I barely check the log here and kept on receiving the messages so thought nothing was wrong!

Edit: Anyone who downloaded it in the last five minutes since this post needs to re-download it, there were still more places this might've failed in the plugin
      I updated the plugin and the error is gone - thanks for the quick fix!
      I'm astounded by the coincidence of the timing of this - these errors started happening right after I updated my iphone so I thought that was the issue.

Comment

Thanks Adam. I just updated the plugin then force ran a couple of events and all seems well now. Cheers.
        cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdom View Post
          I updated the plugin and the error is gone - thanks for the quick fix!
          I'm astounded by the coincidence of the timing of this - these errors started happening right after I updated my iphone so I thought that was the issue.
          Thanks for trying and glad it worked - I am at a bit of a loss as to why it was changed without warning but guess they have their reasons!

Comment

Notification steering to different devices

Hi there! I've got the plugin working and pushing messages to both my wife and my phone. I'm very happy with the reliability (which seems to actually be 100%).

As such I've started using notifications to troubleshoot a couple of complex event issues I'm having and I realise it would be very useful to be able to choose which notifications go to my phone and which go to my wife's.

We are both logged in on our iPhones using a single Pushover account, but within the application we have our phones set up as different devices. I would've expected this to be reflected when creating an event with pushover?

At the moment in an IF this THEN that event, THEN 'Send Pushover Message' gives me a Device/Group option which has a single option of 'All Clients'. I'd of thought my phone's Device name and my wife's would be listed separately, is there any way to achieve this?

She's bored of a load of trouble shooting notifications that mean nothing to her!!

Thanks, Steve.

Comment

You can do delivery groups or individual devices. The setup is described in the help docs. It is under setup HomeSeer.

http://s652164905.websitehome.co.uk/...#Pushover%203P
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by Stevemeck View Post
                ...At the moment in an IF this THEN that event, THEN 'Send Pushover Message' gives me a Device/Group option which has a single option of 'All Clients'. I'd of thought my phone's Device name and my wife's would be listed separately, is there any way to achieve this?
                As Randy says, you can set up individual devices which would appear to be what you need. This has to be done manually as there is no way for me to get the list of devices connected to your account from Pushover.

In the config page at the bottom of the page just enter the device name and press add, ensure that the name is the SAME as the name in your Pushover account device. In the event you will then get a list of devices below all clients.

Comment

Randy/Mr Happy,
                  Thanks very much. I've managed to get it working with a little help from the user guide. I must of missed it first time round when I used the guide for initial set up. I guess I wasn't thinking about multiple Devices at the time.

Thanks again gents...

Comment

Looking for help on why this is not working?

Hi,

Simple pushover notification when a keypad is accessed.

Please see the attached screenshots.

Thanks!

-Philip
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by philipi View Post
                      Hi,

Simple pushover notification when a keypad is accessed.

Please see the attached screenshots.

Thanks!

-Philip
                      Difficult to say really as I don't know if it is the trigger or the action that is wrong, from the log entries it is not clear that the event itself actually gets triggered - is the event enabled to log to the HS log when it triggers?

The action to send a message is pretty stable and does not usually go wrong, if it does it should put an entry in the HS log which I don't see here either which to me points to the fact it never triggers. Does it work if you manually run the event?

Comment

Sounds

This Pushover plug-in and app is awesome! When I originally set up my notifications, I think it let me pick the sound from a drop down list. But now when I try to go and edit or add a new notification the only sound available is "System Default". what happened to my choice of sounds?

Comment

Originally posted by pacman777 View Post
                          This Pushover plug-in and app is awesome! When I originally set up my notifications, I think it let me pick the sound from a drop down list. But now when I try to go and edit or add a new notification the only sound available is "System Default". what happened to my choice of sounds?
                          Can you double check you have the latest version in the updater please, I had some issues recently where the Pushover sounds and other message formats have very slightly changed. If you had never restarted your HS PC then the old sound list would've retained itself in memory regardless of whether you were running the old version.

If that's not the issue come back to me and I'll think of some more things, it should when the plugin starts report how many sounds it has been able to download. If this is 0 then there's clearly a problem, if it is about 22 sounds and the list is still empty then I'll have to think a bit further.

Comment

That worked after I updated it. I didn't realize there was an update for it. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by pacman777 View Post
                              That worked after I updated it. I didn't realize there was an update for it. Thanks!
                              That's good to hear that it's working thanks, unfortunately HS don't have a method to notify of a new plugin version other than going into the plugin manage page and looking for the box next to the plugin that indicates there is a new version.

Comment

Bug when sending normal priority

Adam,

I'm using .31 of your plugin and noticed that when I send a pushp message under 'Normal' priority, an exception is created.

Immediately below is a notification sent with 'Normal' priority.

Jun-26 7:38:42 AM Pushover 3P Unknown Exception in Pushmessage: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Jun-26 7:38:42 AM Pushover 3P Unknown Exception in Pushmessage: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Jun-26 7:38:42 AM BLUPS Info UPS Power mode has changed to On AC Power

Jun-26 7:38:42 AM Event Event Trigger "System Maintenance UPS AC Power Restored"

Jun-26 7:38:42 AM Event Event Trigger "System Maintenance UPS AC Power Restored"

This pushp was sent with 'High' priority.

Jun-26 7:38:36 AM Pushover 3P Pushover Notification Sent - Message Title: Lena house lost power

Jun-26 7:38:36 AM Pushover 3P Pushover Notification Sent - Message Title: Lena house lost power

Jun-26 7:38:35 AM BLUPS Info UPS Power mode has changed to On Battery Power

Jun-26 7:38:35 AM Event Event Trigger "System Maintenance UPS AC Power Loss"

Jun-26 7:38:35 AM Event Event Trigger "System Maintenance UPS AC Power Loss"

I know there was a change made a while back but don't know if this was detected.

Robert
                                HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Working...
                                X