HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
    I'm sorry but I don't quite catch what you mean, the script I posted could be expanded to any number of variables that you want, if you are using timers in HS I would however use the HS replacement variable - timers return a TimeSpan rather than a string and formatting those is not as straightforward.

Code:
    Sub Main(ByVal Parms As Object)

Dim VariableToSend As String = hs.DeviceLastChangeRef(5678).ToString

hs.PluginFunction("Pushover 3P", "", "Pushscript", New Object() {"All Clients", "Offline",""The boiler was on for: $$TIMER:timerName: and last time it was on was: " & VariableToSend, "emergency", "Tug Boat", Nothing, Nothing, "A.I Emergency"})

End Sub
    Worked perfectly
    thank you.
    now i need to see how i can send hebrew characters in the push from a script
    i get blocks instead

Is there a way to add it to an event via script?
    i can add to event using
    Hs.AddDeviceActionToEvent

is there something for pushover as well?
    Last edited by ez1976; December 11, 2017, 06:30 AM. Reason: add more info

Comment

Originally posted by ez1976 View Post
      Worked perfectly
      thank you.
      now i need to see how i can send hebrew characters in the push from a script
      i get blocks instead

Is there a way to add it to an event via script?
      i can add to event using
      Hs.AddDeviceActionToEvent

is there something for pushover as well?
      The lack of Hebrew characters could be due to the character encoding, I've checked and the plugin can send Hebrew characters and the Pushover app can receive them so it appears support is there for it. I've checked and sending them by script does work and as such I suspect it might be due to how you are editing the script. If you send an immediate script command with a Hebrew character (I picked ך) then it does not work, I've edited a script using the HS script editor and it seems to work but it may be the way you are saving the script does not support Unicode or is not saving as Unicode and as such the character is not getting to the script. If you are using Notepad then AFAIK it saves as ASCII only and as such you will not get any special characters.

You can't add Pushover actions to an event by script (nor can you add any other plugin actions to an event by script). The only two options that I am aware of are as per the attached image, you appear to be able to add a script action (I don't think that this is documented anywhere) but I have not tested whether or not this works and how well.
      Last edited by mrhappy; March 31, 2018, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aj84 View Post
        Hi all
        Just trying this plugin out and on the face of it, its great but I think (being new to HS), I'm not seeing something.

I set up a simple event
        IF This device has been/for at least...
        Outside Gates has been On for at least 5 minutes
        Then
        Message Title "Gates are still open"

It kicked in perfectly but sent a constant message every second until I disabled the event altogether.

I've seen things about timers etc but can't see this option - am I going blind?
        I assume I need to add one or set something so it only sends a single message?

Thanks in advance
        Yeah this is one of those things that can catch you out and to be honest my view is HS should not let you do this, I struggle to imagine a scenario that you would need to run a script at more than once a second and even if so I don't imagine HS really appreciates it!

Just for information the plugin should hopefully limit the ability to flood it with messages if you do program an event like this, I can't remember the timing and the numbers but it shouldn't let you empty your pushover account easily.

Comment

Yeah this is one of those things that can catch you out and to be honest my view is HS should not let you do this, I struggle to imagine a scenario that you would need to run a script at more than once a second and even if so I don't imagine HS really appreciates it!

Just for information the plugin should hopefully limit the ability to flood it with messages if you do program an event like this, I can't remember the timing and the numbers but it shouldn't let you empty your pushover account easily.
          Hi
          i had the same issues.
          you are using the "Had been On for AT LEAST"
          i use the "Exactly" 5 minutes . that way i can get only one notification.

another way to do it is set it to alert if the gate has been open for at least 5 minutes but set the checkbox under the "options" of the event "cannot re-run for" and set it for 10 minutes.

that way you will get an alert every 10 minutes until it get closed.

Comment

Group messaging problem

Hi -
            Thanks so much for this plug-in. I use Pushover all the time and this has allowed HS to integrate nicely into our alerts.

One thing I'm noticing, and I saw a couple of other posts but couldn't tell if it got resolved, is the group messaging. I've got groups set up and they work from Pushover as well as other programs, but I can't get them to work from this plug-in. Am I doing something wrong? I've got my user key entered correctly and tested. I've got my application key in correctly and tested. I've got my delivery group in and tested from the Pushover website correctly. No matter what I choose in my event I only receive the notification on the device that matches the Pushover User Key not the Delivery Group id.

Any help would be appreciated (particularly by my wife so she can start getting notifications) and thanks again for the plugin.

Pat

Comment

Originally posted by beerguy View Post
              Hi -
              Thanks so much for this plug-in. I use Pushover all the time and this has allowed HS to integrate nicely into our alerts.

One thing I'm noticing, and I saw a couple of other posts but couldn't tell if it got resolved, is the group messaging. I've got groups set up and they work from Pushover as well as other programs, but I can't get them to work from this plug-in. Am I doing something wrong? I've got my user key entered correctly and tested. I've got my application key in correctly and tested. I've got my delivery group in and tested from the Pushover website correctly. No matter what I choose in my event I only receive the notification on the device that matches the Pushover User Key not the Delivery Group id.

Any help would be appreciated (particularly by my wife so she can start getting notifications) and thanks again for the plugin.

Pat
              The groups are a bit of a pain and as I don't use them myself I also am no expert at them, from my memory then in the plugin you should add then in the configuration page with both the name of the group and then the group key - they should show in the same box as the devices - are you seeing them in the list at the very bottom of the page with the name and key? If so it could very well be a bit of a bug as I don't know if that many people use them (I would imagine that the majority of people probably are running pushover on their partners phones and as such are happy with one account on multiple devices), one thing to try may very well be a restart of the plugin - let me know and I will take a look.

Comment

Hi, thanks for this great plugin. I just saw that Pushover 3.0 now has image attachment support. Are there any plans to add image support to the plugin?

Comment

Originally posted by bdc View Post
                  Hi, thanks for this great plugin. I just saw that Pushover 3.0 now has image attachment support. Are there any plans to add image support to the plugin?
                  it was complete news to me until you've said and only looks as if it was pushed to users today so I'd not seen mention of it.

I don't see a reason why I can't add it to the plugin with some care, it might not be that straightforward but I'll give it a go. It'll probably take me a week or so to do it.

Comment

it was complete news to me until you've said and only looks as if it was pushed to users today so I'd not seen mention of it.

I don't see a reason why I can't add it to the plugin with some care, it might not be that straightforward but I'll give it a go. It'll probably take me a week or so to do it.
                    This would be AWESOME. MrHappy you rock.

Comment

This would be cool - when doorbell pressed, push image of front door cam to phone! So many other ideas...

Comment

I do this with the UltraNetCam3 plugin and the built-in HS3 email functionality:

Comment

Neat - but that sends an email, correct? What would be nice is a push notice so it shows right on the home screen of my iPhone with the pic... Much faster than email.

Comment

It's a little slow through the email gateway - several minutes, but it works great. If we could do it with the API it would be seconds.

Here is from my phone

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	1194985

And it even pops up on my watch

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1295-1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	222.5 KB
ID:	1194986
                            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Just FYI - I see in an earlier post someone asking if there was a way to respond to a pushover notice. I got that to work by embedding a JSON request as a webURL in the message body text - it even works remotely using the myhs service so I can be outside my network to initiate events.

Really nice so I can push issues and ask actions.

for example I have a push message:

HTML Code:
                              I noticed you left the house without setting the security system.  Should I set the system for you?

Press here to arm the security system
                              If anyone needs help let me know and I can share more details. Only negative is when you click the link, it launches a webpage with the JSON response in the web page body (it says OK). Wondering if there is a way to suppress actually going to a webpage in HTML - or, maybe I have a landing page that looks pretty and it sends the JSON for a better user experience. Still playing but opens a ton of opportunities!

Comment

Great!
                                Please include it in the PluginFunction as well - I use that a lot!
                                HTML Code:
                                hs.PluginFunction("Pushover 3P", "", "Pushscript", pushArr)

Comment

Working...
                                X