HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
    I kind of hoped it would be fine with Linux as it is fairly standard but I guess I have been proved wrong. I will do my level best to fix this but it might take a bit of time because I'm going to have to get a VM back installed.

It's finding the file and looks to be making half a go of it which is good at least, the fact it's not a 400 series error should help a bit so it could be a difference in encoding between the two platforms. For now I'm afraid you will have to make do with just sending messages the old way, when no text is sent in the attachment field the message gets sent by the old method.
    No problem, thank you very much for looking into this.

Comment

I have checked here, but the event just looks normal to me, nothing changed.
      BTW the message arrived here, but only after 30 minutes or so, quite slow. This morning other messages arrived immediate again, so I gues it was mainly coincidental it was delayed.

But the error on the attachment remains on every message that is send from here:

jan-30 08:25:27 Pushover 3P Attachment does not exist - check path/file status and try again - will send plain message

Here is a sample of event that triggered this morning, I never changed it?

Wim
      Attached Files
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

For testing I pressed the update button on the above event. Then I triggered and the error was gone. I hope this can be resolved without updating every event?

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
          For testing I pressed the update button on the above event. Then I triggered and the error was gone. I hope this can be resolved without updating every event?

Wim
          You really shouldn't have to edit old events, they should all still work as they have done before. Are you saying that your old events all come up with the error?

The fact this event had an issue might just be that there was some old data in the attachment box. I guess even a single space character may cause that so I'll put a little check in so it ignores anything less than three characters.

Comment

How to attach a photo?

I'm trying to attach a photo to a message. The photo is located on my Synology NAS. And i use the following link: nfs://192.168.2.9/volume1/photo/Camera's/Voordeur.jpg

When the event triggers, i constantly get the error:
            Attachment does not exist - check path/file status and try again - will send plain message

And i recieve no photo in my Pushover notification.

Can you tell me what i'm doing wrong?

Problem solved: it was my bad, i had the wrong string. I had to use the directory on my pc, where my homeseer runs, instead of my mac.
            Last edited by michaeldecharon; January 31, 2018, 10:58 AM.

Comment

I kind of hoped it would be fine with Linux as it is fairly standard but I guess I have been proved wrong. I will do my level best to fix this but it might take a bit of time because I'm going to have to get a VM back installed.

It's finding the file and looks to be making half a go of it which is good at least, the fact it's not a 400 series error should help a bit so it could be a difference in encoding between the two platforms. For now I'm afraid you will have to make do with just sending messages the old way, when no text is sent in the attachment field the message gets sent by the old method.
              Originally posted by alan_smithee View Post
              When I try to send an 189K image I get the following error.

Code:
              Jan-29 18:49:40	 	Pushover 3P	Error POST URL The 'meta' start tag on line 6 position 4 does not match the end tag of 'head'. Line 9, position 3.
              Jan-29 18:49:40	 	Pushover 3P	Web Exception Response
              Pushover
              Uh oh

An error occured on our server while processing your request. Please try again later.

Pushover is a trademark and product of Superblock, LLC. Copyright © Superblock, LLC. All rights reserved.
              Jan-29 18:49:40	 	Pushover 3P	WebException Error The remote server returned an error: (502) Bad Gateway.
              Jan-29 18:49:39	 	Pushover 3P	Finished Uploading File Attachment: /etc/HomeSeer/html/images/camera/1.jpg
              Jan-29 18:49:39	 	Pushover 3P	Sending Pushover Message Attachment - /etc/HomeSeer/html/images/camera/1.jpg
              I'm running HS3 on a Debian Jessie with Mono version 4.6.2

any ideas?
              I've instead opted for running Mono on windows, I've run the plugin through Mono on Windows (version 5.4.1) and it seems to work OK. I've gone back to version 5.0.0 and it still works, I would like to think if it worked on Windows under Mono then it should still work the same in Linux. Using a VM I don't have access to my normal debugging methods so I'm not sure where the issue lies. I've had recent issues with another plugin and HTTPS calls that a Mono upgrade solved.

Is there anyone else running this on Linux and has the message attachments working - if so would you be able to tell me which version you are on?

Comment

Is there anyone else running this on Linux and has the message attachments working - if so would you be able to tell me which version you are on?
                I've just installed Mono JIT compiler version 5.4.1.7 (tarball Wed Jan 17 20:11:56 UTC 2018 on my test VM.
                Still the same issue

Code:
                Feb-01 13:03:29	 	Pushover 3P	Error POST URL The 'meta' start tag on line 6 position 4 does not match the end tag of 'head'. Line 9, position 3.
                Feb-01 13:03:29	 	Pushover 3P	Web Exception Response
                Pushover
                Uh oh

An error occured on our server while processing your request. Please try again later.

Pushover is a trademark and product of Superblock, LLC. Copyright © Superblock, LLC. All rights reserved.
                Feb-01 13:03:29	 	Pushover 3P	WebException Error The remote server returned an error: (502) Bad Gateway.

Comment

Mono JIT compiler version 5.4.1.6
                  Ubuntu 16.04 (32-bit)

Comment

I found a workround that works for me:
                    /usr/local/HomeSeer/scripts/pushover-doorbell.sh
                    (remember "chmod +x")
                    HTML Code:
                    #!/bin/bash

curl -s \
                      --form-string "token=TOKEN" \
                      --form-string "user=TOKEN" \
                      --form-string "message=DING! DONG!" \
                      --form-string "title=DING! DONG!" \
                      -F "attachment=@/ftp/files/doorbell.jpg" \
                      https://api.pushover.net/1/messages.json

rm /ftp/files/doorbell.jpg
                    Then an event:
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	pushover-doorbell.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	1195118

Comment

I've just installed Mono JIT compiler version 5.4.1.7 (tarball Wed Jan 17 20:11:56 UTC 2018 on my test VM.
                      Still the same issue

Code:
                      Feb-01 13:03:29	 	Pushover 3P	Error POST URL The 'meta' start tag on line 6 position 4 does not match the end tag of 'head'. Line 9, position 3.
                      Feb-01 13:03:29	 	Pushover 3P	Web Exception Response
                      Pushover
                      Uh oh

Feb-01 13:03:29	 	Pushover 3P	WebException Error The remote server returned an error: (502) Bad Gateway.
                      Originally posted by ZoRaC View Post
                      Mono JIT compiler version 5.4.1.6
                      Ubuntu 16.04 (32-bit)
                      Fair enough thanks for testing, I'm trying to get a VM running again to try and sort the issue but it might take some effort as I can't get Fiddler to capture the commands in Linux at the minute. I shall do my best and get back to you.

Comment

I am not able to get the attachment working via scripting.

I added it as noted in updated docs and always get the message in log cannot find attachment, sending plain text. I tried simple path like c:\file.png.

I have since reverted the plugin version.

Comment

Originally posted by aponte2 View Post
                          I am not able to get the attachment working via scripting.

I added it as noted in updated docs and always get the message in log cannot find attachment, sending plain text. I tried simple path like c:\file.png.

I have since reverted the plugin version.
                          No problem, thank you very much for looking into this.
                          Could you try version .38 please, I think I have fixed the issue on Linux and also the scripting call (rogue comma found it's way in the code on the last one)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X-7...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Works now. Great.

Thanks!

Comment

Not sure if I'm doing this properly but I downloaded v .38, disabled the plugin, copied the new version to HS, enabled the plugin and rebooted HS for good measure.

Downloaded the latest version of PushOver on my iPhone. I receive the message but it has a generic image icon.

Haha, just figured it out. I had to click the icon to see the image! Do you know if the image can be shown automatically, without having to click on it?

BTW, I'm on Linux HS 409, Mono 5.0.1.1.

Comment

Originally posted by rileydogmi View Post
                                Just FYI - I see in an earlier post someone asking if there was a way to respond to a pushover notice. I got that to work by embedding a JSON request as a webURL in the message body text - it even works remotely using the myhs service so I can be outside my network to initiate events.

Really nice so I can push issues and ask actions.

for example I have a push message:

HTML Code:
                                I noticed you left the house without setting the security system.  Should I set the system for you?

Press here to arm the security system
                                If anyone needs help let me know and I can share more details. Only negative is when you click the link, it launches a webpage with the JSON response in the web page body (it says OK). Wondering if there is a way to suppress actually going to a webpage in HTML - or, maybe I have a landing page that looks pretty and it sends the JSON for a better user experience. Still playing but opens a ton of opportunities!
                                I'm very interested to see how you did it... can you post a screenshot?

I see several situations I can use it for immediately!

thx for the help!

Comment

Working...
                                X