HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post

I'm not sure what Pushover will say but unless things have changed they don't officially support tabbing that I am aware of. If they say they are supported but I need to make changes in the plugin then I will do my best, the text area that I use for the data is not rich text that I remember (nor is it a HS control for that matter) so might need some changes there also.
    Joshua from Pushover support replied to my inquiry regarding inconsistent display of messages with tabs:

It looks like everything is working as expected, the only reason the
    tabs don't align properly in the message list is because the font
    size is smaller than what is used in the dedicated message view.
    I replied back asking if he had any tips for getting the spacing to be consistent when using tabs for a "table-like" format in Pushover messages. So far no reply. Will report back if they get back to me.

Comment

Hey
      i moved to a linux based HS3 and installed the 0.43 version.
      for some reason messages that were just great on windows do not arrive unless i remove like 2/3 of the message content.
      and now when i try to send an attachment i get this:
      Sep-15 9:03:16 PM Pushover 3P Error POST URL Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.
      Lately some push notification arrive after 2 seconds and some take up to a few minutes. is this something to do with the linux version? because on windows i didnt have any issues

centos 7
      Mono JIT compiler version 5.14.0.177 (tarball Sat Aug 4 08:32:47 UTC 2018)
      Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com

thanks in advance
      Last edited by ez1976; September 15, 2018, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ez1976 View Post
        Hey
        i moved to a linux based HS3 and installed the 0.43 version.
        for some reason messages that were just great on windows do not arrive unless i remove like 2/3 of the message content.
        and now when i try to send an attachment i get this:
        Sep-15 9:03:16 PM Pushover 3P Error POST URL Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.
        Lately some push notification arrive after 2 seconds and some take up to a few minutes. is this something to do with the linux version? because on windows i didnt have any issues

centos 7
        Mono JIT compiler version 5.14.0.177 (tarball Sat Aug 4 08:32:47 UTC 2018)
        Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com

thanks in advance
        There could be a couple of issues here but I am far from a Linux expert, firstly could you download the version from the updater (.42) and see whether or not that solves the issue with messages not sending with all of their message content - some changes were made in respect to this when replacement variables were used in the message body.

The error about the post url data sort of suggests some type of XML issue, I imagine this is the reply from Pushover rather than the sending but not sure. Could you enable debug logging and try the same message send and then send me a copy of the debug log? The instructions on how to do that are in the help file.

The delay you see again could be a couple of things and if I can sort out the first two then perhaps I might sort out the last one.

Comment

There could be a couple of issues here but I am far from a Linux expert, firstly could you download the version from the updater (.42) and see whether or not that solves the issue with messages not sending with all of their message content - some changes were made in respect to this when replacement variables were used in the message body.

The error about the post url data sort of suggests some type of XML issue, I imagine this is the reply from Pushover rather than the sending but not sure. Could you enable debug logging and try the same message send and then send me a copy of the debug log? The instructions on how to do that are in the help file.

The delay you see again could be a couple of things and if I can sort out the first two then perhaps I might sort out the last one.
          Sure.
          i will try this tonight.
          i switched to Linux from the windows version (pushover worked just fine on it) but since the move to linux these issues started.
          i even tried to reset the permission on the folder that holds the attachments (these are snapshots from the IP cameras).
          it seems that it is even a limitation on the message size? on windows i could send a lot more characters than on linux.

i am on the .43 beta version but the same issues were also on the .42 (but per your request i will downgrade back to .42)

Update:
          i sent smaller MSG:
          Date & Time: Event: Data:
          9/16/2018 12:35:58 PM Send Pushover Message Device: Eyal
          Message: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-02: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-03: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-04: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-05: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-06: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-07:
          Title: כותרת
          Priority: normal
          Sound: system default
          URL:
          URL Title:
          Application Name: Default
          Attachment Path:
          9/16/2018 12:35:58 PM Event Action Send Message From Event C. Generic Events Temp
          that ran just fine (with no attachments)

i then added more info the the MSG:
          $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-02:

$$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-03:

$$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-04:

$$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-05:

$$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-06:

$$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-07:

and now the msg didnt arrive and i even reloaded the configuration page under the plugin and it took around 45 seconds to load.
          once loaded the new message didnt even appear in the log (under the "home" in the configuration page of the plugin)

edit: i cant find in the help file how to enable debug. can you please send me the instructions?
          thanks

Last edited by ez1976; September 16, 2018, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Sure.
            i will try this tonight.
            i switched to Linux from the windows version (pushover worked just fine on it) but since the move to linux these issues started.
            i even tried to reset the permission on the folder that holds the attachments (these are snapshots from the IP cameras).
            it seems that it is even a limitation on the message size? on windows i could send a lot more characters than on linux.

i am on the .43 beta version but the same issues were also on the .42 (but per your request i will downgrade back to .42)

Update:
            i sent smaller MSG:
            Date & Time: Event: Data:
            9/16/2018 12:35:58 PM Send Pushover Message Device: Eyal
            Message: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-02: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-03: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-04: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-05: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-06: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-07:
            Title: כותרת
            Priority: normal
            Sound: system default
            URL:
            URL Title:
            Application Name: Default
            Attachment Path:
            9/16/2018 12:35:58 PM Event Action Send Message From Event C. Generic Events Temp
            that ran just fine (with no attachments)

i then added more info the the MSG:
            $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-02:

$$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-03:

$$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-04:

$$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-05:

$$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-06:

$$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-07:

and now the msg didnt arrive and i even reloaded the configuration page under the plugin and it took around 45 seconds to load.
            once loaded the new message didnt even appear in the log (under the "home" in the configuration page of the plugin)

edit: i cant find in the help file how to enable debug. can you please send me the instructions?
            thanks
            In the example you say works I can see that you have seven RSS devices (02-07) and then in the ones you say you add they appear to be the same (RSS01-02 to RSS01-07) - do you mean that RSS01-01 works and then when you add 02-07 that fails? Can you please tell me what the following say in the log;

&nhs.writelog("Length", hs.replacevariables("$$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-02: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-03: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-04: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-05: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-06: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-07:").Length)

Messages are limited to 512 characters, that has always been the case however previously to version .43 the decision as to what exceeded 512 characters was made before the replacement variables exchange. That created a problem when the replacement variable names were greater than their actual replacements.

I will try sort this out before looking at the images if that is OK.

Comment

In the example you say works I can see that you have seven RSS devices (02-07) and then in the ones you say you add they appear to be the same (RSS01-02 to RSS01-07) - do you mean that RSS01-01 works and then when you add 02-07 that fails? Can you please tell me what the following say in the log;

&nhs.writelog("Length", hs.replacevariables("$$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-02: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-03: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-04: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-05: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-06: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-07:").Length)

Messages are limited to 512 characters, that has always been the case however previously to version .43 the decision as to what exceeded 512 characters was made before the replacement variables exchange. That created a problem when the replacement variable names were greater than their actual replacements.

I will try sort this out before looking at the images if that is OK.
              here you go:
              Sep-17 2:15:42 PM Length 320
              Sep-17 2:15:41 PM Event Running script statement immediately: &nhs.writelog("Length", hs.replacevariables("$$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-02: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-03: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-04: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-05: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-06: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-07:").Length)
              Sep-17 2:15:41 PM Event Event Trigger "C. Generic Events Temp 1"

the RSS devices are News headlines that get updated and then get pushed to my phone every hour.
              when i have only 1-4 RSS devices it works but when i add up to 07 the push never arrives (and are not written in the log on the plugin page. same as with the attachment link).

i am sorry but i couldnt find how to enable debug.

Comment

here you go:
                Sep-17 2:15:42 PM Length 320
                Sep-17 2:15:41 PM Event Running script statement immediately: &nhs.writelog("Length", hs.replacevariables("$$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-02: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-03: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-04: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-05: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-06: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-07:").Length)
                Sep-17 2:15:41 PM Event Event Trigger "C. Generic Events Temp 1"

the RSS devices are News headlines that get updated and then get pushed to my phone every hour.
                when i have only 1-4 RSS devices it works but when i add up to 07 the push never arrives (and are not written in the log on the plugin page. same as with the attachment link).

i am sorry but i couldnt find how to enable debug.
                OK don't worry about the debug mode just at the minute - can you just talk me through exactly what happens when you copy $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-02: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-03: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-04: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-05: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-06: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-07: into the message body then - does that send the message?

Comment

New Pushover user.....thankyou VERY MUCH for the plugin. Changing a number of SMS and e-mail notifications over to this plugin.....works a treat...

Pete
                  HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Originally posted by petez69 View Post
                    New Pushover user.....thankyou VERY MUCH for the plugin. Changing a number of SMS and e-mail notifications over to this plugin.....works a treat...

Pete
                    Thanks for the feedback and hope you enjoy it

Comment

Thanks for the feedback and hope you enjoy it
                      Seriously mate, its a great plugin.....I've not used Pushover before....I've got a bunch of remote telemetry devices on another project that were sending me e-mails, I'm now migrating to push....

You've done a great job

Pete
                      HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

OK don't worry about the debug mode just at the minute - can you just talk me through exactly what happens when you copy $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-02: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-03: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-04: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-05: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-06: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-07: into the message body then - does that send the message?
                        Well.
                        since i am using the JON00RSS plugin i am getting my news headlines from rss and this populate the virtual devices.
                        now when i use in the message only devices RSS01 to RSS-04 the message is sent and i can see it in the log on the device plugin page.
                        as soon as i add numbers 05-07 the message is not sent at all and is not in the log.
                        it seems that the plugin just ignored is all together.

the first image is the screenshot of the 4 device event and as you can see it is in the log.
                        i then added another 4 devices and then i reloaded the plugin log. the plugin took around 30 seconds to reload and the 8 device message is not there.

i ran the following command:
                        &nhs.writelog("Length", hs.replacevariables("$$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-02: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-03: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-04: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-05: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-06: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-07: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-08:").Length)
                        Sep-21 9:14:37 PM Length 349
                        Sep-21 9:14:36 PM Event Running script statement immediately: &nhs.writelog("Length", hs.replacevariables("$$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-02: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-03: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-04: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-05: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-06: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-07: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-08:").Length)

do you need any further info?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Well.
                          since i am using the JON00RSS plugin i am getting my news headlines from rss and this populate the virtual devices.
                          now when i use in the message only devices RSS01 to RSS-04 the message is sent and i can see it in the log on the device plugin page.
                          as soon as i add numbers 05-07 the message is not sent at all and is not in the log.
                          it seems that the plugin just ignored is all together.

the first image is the screenshot of the 4 device event and as you can see it is in the log.
                          i then added another 4 devices and then i reloaded the plugin log. the plugin took around 30 seconds to reload and the 8 device message is not there.

i ran the following command:
                          &nhs.writelog("Length", hs.replacevariables("$$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-02: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-03: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-04: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-05: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-06: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-07: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-08:").Length)
                          Sep-21 9:14:37 PM Length 349
                          Sep-21 9:14:36 PM Event Running script statement immediately: &nhs.writelog("Length", hs.replacevariables("$$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-02: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-03: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-04: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-05: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-06: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-07: $$DSA:Jon00-RSS01-08:").Length)

do you need any further info?
                          Could you share your RSS links with me (either posting them here or by PM) and I will test it here by downloading Jon00's application and hopefully can see what is going on.

Comment

Could you share your RSS links with me (either posting them here or by PM) and I will test it here by downloading Jon00's application and hopefully can see what is going on.
                            Hi
                            i moved my HS3 back to windows since the INSTEON and GLOBAL CACHE works a lot faster on it.
                            since moving back (export and importing the configuration) all the RSS + Attachments are working perfectly again.
                            i am guessing it has something to do with the linux installation / compatibility

as far as i can see HS3 Still works faster and better on Windows rather than on Linux

Comment

Team,

I would like to setup Pushover on my wife's phone, but she only wants to receive specific (doorbell ring) messages.

Should I:
                              - create a separate Pushover account for her phone
                              - create a delivery group: "HomeseerDoorbell"
                              - in Pushover plugin: add device/group with the delivery group token + name from the previous step?
                              (this I have done but no messages arrive on her phone and even though I only select her "group" in the event, I do receive the message)

Or is there an easier way?
                              Should she get a $5 Pushover subscription just like me?

Comment

Originally posted by DJF3 View Post
                                Team,

I would like to setup Pushover on my wife's phone, but she only wants to receive specific (doorbell ring) messages.

Should I:
                                - create a separate Pushover account for her phone
                                - create a delivery group: "HomeseerDoorbell"
                                - in Pushover plugin: add device/group with the delivery group token + name from the previous step?
                                (this I have done but no messages arrive on her phone and even though I only select her "group" in the event, I do receive the message)

Or is there an easier way?
                                Should she get a $5 Pushover subscription just like me?
                                I would get her device on your account, don't get another account for her as it just would make things more complicated. Delivery groups are Pushovers way around dealing with multiple accounts (across a team or something) and not sharing login details.

The easiest method is then to add the device to the HS plugin (through the configuration page) and then go into the event and tick which devices you wish to send messages to on a per event basis, obviously all clients will send to all devices so if this has been your default up until now then you might wish to change this.

Comment

Working...
                                X