HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JxxxIxxx View Post
    First, Thank you so much for this incredibly useful plugin. It is really amazing that it is for free. Is is really an extensive and well designed package, much more complete than some other plugins that I have paid money for and was quite dissapointing in functionality by comparison.
    Then for my question: Regarding the 512 character message text limit, is this still applicable? According to the Pushover API docs the limit is 1024? When testing I am able to send messages up to 1024 characters from the Pushover web interface, so that seems to confirm that this is the current limit..
    So maybe the maximum limit has been changed at some point?
    If that is the case, would it be possible to update the plugin to accept up to 1024 characters? I have some HS notifications that contain quite a lot of information and I am bumping up against the 512 c limit and need to split the notifications, which makes them less readable and understandable.
    Thank you for the kind words, the 512 limit certainly used to be the limit but if the API has been changed to 1024 chars then I should be able to change that easily. They must've changed it quietly as I never noticed...I'll double check there are no other changes and post a new version in the updater.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post

Thank you for the kind words, the 512 limit certainly used to be the limit but if the API has been changed to 1024 chars then I should be able to change that easily. They must've changed it quietly as I never noticed...I'll double check there are no other changes and post a new version in the updater.
      There were no other changes that I could see apart from the message length, I've updated the plugin and given it a little test and seems to work OK. I've submitted it to the updater (Version .45) however I don't know what the HS staffing is like over Christmas as to when this might appear.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post

There were no other changes that I could see apart from the message length, I've updated the plugin and given it a little test and seems to work OK. I've submitted it to the updater (Version .45) however I don't know what the HS staffing is like over Christmas as to when this might appear.
        Update installed and tested. Seems to work perfectly with the 1024 character limit.
        Thanks a lot for a rapid response.

Comment

Feature Request:

It would be nice to be able to know which user Acknowledged an Emergency message and use that in any event. So one John asked the message HS3 could send out another standard message that says "John acknowledged the message" so other users know who did it.

It would also be nice to know which emergency message was acknowledged so when acknowledging you could run different events based on the emergency message that was acknowledged. That way my smoke alarm and co alarm could have different acknowledge events.
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
          Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
          Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
          3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
          4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
          3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
          SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Originally posted by Timon View Post
            Feature Request:

It would be nice to be able to know which user Acknowledged an Emergency message and use that in any event. So one John asked the message HS3 could send out another standard message that says "John acknowledged the message" so other users know who did it.

It would also be nice to know which emergency message was acknowledged so when acknowledging you could run different events based on the emergency message that was acknowledged. That way my smoke alarm and co alarm could have different acknowledge events.
            I will have a look at this again but the reasoning behind not doing that to start with was that I would have to try and log all of the user data and then try and figure out which user sent the message to start with. That is slightly different now as I do store (for debug purposes really) some of the messages in a mini database but I would probably need to start storing the message ID numbers and attempt to match them to a user.

Comment

I'm more interested in knowing which message was acknowledged than which user acknowledged it. Knowing which user would be a nice added bonus, though.
              HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
              Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

I have just updated the plugin and now the messages are no longer sent. I see this in my HS3 logs
                Feb-01 1:08:00 AM Pushover 3P Unknown Exception in Pushmessage Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                Feb-01 1:08:00 AM Pushover 3P WebException Error The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.
                ‘I have updated all of my events but still get this message. Any advice on how to fix this appreciated.

Comment

I'm having an issue with sending an image. Using a script I'm using this for the last parameter.

CO(8) = "C:/ContaCam/Garage/snapshot_thumb.jpg"

The message shows up but not the image. There are no errors in the log. Am I formatting this correctly?

Thanks
                  Don

Comment

Bump
                    Don

Comment

I am guessing this is no longer supported, seems a few plugins are going the same way, paid or free

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ozinnewy View Post
                        I am guessing this is no longer supported, seems a few plugins are going the same way, paid or free

Still seems to be supported to me... Maybe he's on vacation? It's only been four or five days.

Comment

Originally posted by ozinnewy View Post

As far as I know this is still supported and mrhappy may be on vacation or have other things he's attending to.

Comment

Have any of you successfully sent an image? If so could you share how?

Thanks
                            Don

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
                              Have any of you successfully sent an image? If so could you share how?

Thanks
                              Just tried it too and not working for me either from an event or script.
                              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Well, I'm glad it not just me. Thanks for checking.
                                Don

Comment

Working...
                                X