HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pricey1985 View Post
    Thanks, I have just experimented several times while watching the Log.

- I ran the event to send the message and instantly got a Log saying the event has run.
    - 55 Seconds later i got 'Pushover Notification Sent' in the Log
    - 1 Second later The Notification came through.
    Well thats me eating my words already, do you have anything unusual in your network setup on your HS PC - multiple gateways, VPN connections etc? I will put together a short test script to test if thats OK which will determine whether or not the issue is in the plugin or could be elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post

Well thats me eating my words already, do you have anything unusual in your network setup on your HS PC - multiple gateways, VPN connections etc? I will put together a short test script to test if thats OK which will determine whether or not the issue is in the plugin or could be elsewhere.
      No VPN, however i have 2 modems.
      One is setup as an access point for all wireless connections.
      HS pc is using this wireless access point.

Comment

Trying to access the documentation referenced on the store page to set this plugin up. The link is http://seriousface.ddns.net/plugins/...#Pushover%203P but that seems to be currently down?

Comment

My fault my IP was incorrect on my Dynamic DNS - should be back up now.

Comment

OK can you go into command prompt and pick api.pushover.net and see what sort of times you are getting?

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post

OK can you go into command prompt and pick api.pushover.net and see what sort of times you are getting?
              Sorry you have lost me on that one. Windows command prompt?
              I googled how to send via cURL Windows command prompt and my head started to hurt.

Comment

I think he want you to send a ping to api.pushover.net in the cmd.exe

i think the command in windows is :

ping api.pushover.net

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
                  I think he want you to send a ping to api.pushover.net in the cmd.exe

i think the command in windows is :
                  ping api.pushover.net
                  Thanks MattL0

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks MattL0

Sorry it was my auto correct that corrected ping to pick, your results are a little slower than I would expect (I get a ping of 88ms, I'm on a fairly average ADSL line) but it should not introduce a delay of that long. I will drop you a PM if that is OK to run through a few things.

Comment

Is there a way to automatically reset the Pushover message count at the beginning of the month?

Edit:
                      OK, this is weird, it did reset. I guess I never saw it on the first of the month last month.
                      Dan-O
                      HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan-O View Post
                        Is there a way to automatically reset the Pushover message count at the beginning of the month?

Edit:
                        OK, this is weird, it did reset. I guess I never saw it on the first of the month last month.
                        I set this device with data from the HTTP header replies from Pushover when you send a message, some more detail is on their API page;

Once message limits have been reached, requests will be rejected with a 429 HTTP status code. Message limits are reset at00:00:00 Central Time on the 1st of each month. Per-day and per-month usage statistics can be viewed on each application's page, as well as through HTTP headers returned in each API call to the messages endpoint showing your app's monthly message limit (plus any additional purchased capacity), the number of messages sent this month, and the Unix timestamp of when the count will reset.
                        X-Limit-App-Limit: 7500
                        X-Limit-App-Remaining: 7496
                        X-Limit-App-Reset: 1393653600

Comment

Hi
                          i moved my homeseer from windows to linux and my pushover for some reason is not working on some places.
                          i have a weather push that goes through and a news update that i had to trim otherwise it didnt arrive on my cell.
                          now i am trying to send an attachment file. when sending without the file, the push goes through but when attaching the file i get "Error POST URL Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.".

any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by ez1976 View Post
                            Hi
                            i moved my homeseer from windows to linux and my pushover for some reason is not working on some places.
                            i have a weather push that goes through and a news update that i had to trim otherwise it didnt arrive on my cell.
                            now i am trying to send an attachment file. when sending without the file, the push goes through but when attaching the file i get "Error POST URL Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.".

any ideas?
                            The event structures may be different between the OS's which is why things may not work. Can you please attach a screenshot of your event with the attachment? Also if the file is not sensitive would you be able to send it me so I can verify that I can send it to myself?

Comment

Of Course.
                              here is the event in full.Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	426
Size:	294.5 KB
ID:	1322380

and here is the CurrentImage.jpg

Click image for larger version

Name:	CurrentImage.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	1322381

Comment

Originally posted by ez1976 View Post
                                Of Course.
                                here is the event in full.Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	426
Size:	294.5 KB
ID:	1322380

and here is the CurrentImage.jpg

Click image for larger version

Name:	CurrentImage.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	1322381
                                I'd have to check whether or not the testing was ever done to send images on Linux. I think I checked it but who knows if there has been changes to Mono in the intervening period, having looked at the code and from memory this was a surprisingly difficult thing to get working correctly as the file had to be read as bytes and encoded into the HTTP form. I don't know how well Linux/Mono behaves whilst doing this and as it is passing through the various checks I put in (file size, file type, file exists etc) then it must be getting to the point it thinkgs that it can deal with the file.

Comment

Working...
                                X