HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pcgirl65 View Post
    HA! I am using 0.0.0.48. I deleted the test event and did a new one and it did work! So how come it didn't work with the other test event? j Also, if I want to send a pushover with the devices name in the message, how do I do that. So for instance, I have an event that when someone arrives home it will turn on the heat and send a pushover message that they are home. How do I include the name of the device that has arrived home?
    to my knowledge there is no HS3 variable link to Device Name but my guess is that your event test if a device is On or Off (present or absent) if so then at the time of building you event to test if Person-A is present or not you know on whcih Device name you are testing so you could manually type in the name of the Device Name ?

here is the liste of the replacements variable in HS3
    http://help.homeseer.com/help/HS3/st...ment_variables

Comment

pcgirl65 as for why it did not work in the other test event, I have no clue, it could be that some problematic data has been retained in the other test event !

Comment

Well because these are just test events I am just using "The Event is Manually Triggered" and then just a Message is sent. No devices or statuses are being used in that test.

Comment

Well because these are just test events I am just using "The Event is Manually Triggered" and then just a Message is sent. No devices or statuses are being used in that test.
          Here is an event exemple where I would test if my device "PHLocation2 PHLocation2 Geofency Iphone Bruno Bruno A La Maison (virtuelle)" status changes and become On (where On being at Home and Off away from home) and if On I would send a pushover message where I hardcoded the message with the device name in it: "Bruno arrived home"

Click image for larger version  Name:	test.JPG Views:	0 Size:	99.0 KB ID:	1370882

Comment

OK, I see that you are doing that for each presence sensor. I have it setup for "Any" of my presence sensors change to Home or "All" presence sensors have changed to Away.

Comment

OK, I see that you are doing that for each presence sensor. I have it setup for "Any" of my presence sensors change to Home or "All" presence sensors have changed to Away.
              I guess the only way to use the Any or ALL and send a specific message would be if we have nested conditions available in HS !

Comment

Yikes, I don't know how to do nested conditions in HS. I am aware of how to do them. I used them in hubitat and webcore but not HS yet.

Comment

Yikes, I don't know how to do nested conditions in HS. I am aware of how to do them. I used them in hubitat and webcore but not HS yet.
                  unfortunatly nested conditions are not available in HS yet

Comment

How do I include the name of the device that has arrived home?
                    Are you using EasyTrigger groups? If so, you can get the name of the triggering device from the "etdevicename" global variable. So use the global variable replacement in your Pushover message like this:

$$GLOBALVAR:etdevicename:

Comment

Ahh, perfect! Thanks!

Comment

Good news! All of a sudden it started to work for me with both old and new events. I looked through my logs. It looks like the plugin tries to contact a remote server as part of the initialization and it was failing this morning:

Mar-18 9:08:50 AM Z-Wave ************************************************************ *******************
                        Mar-18 9:08:50 AM Z-Wave STARTUP COMPLETE: All configured interfaces were successfully initialized.
                        Mar-18 9:08:50 AM Z-Wave ************************************************************ *******************
                        Mar-18 9:08:47 AM Pushover 3P Attempting To Produce a Client/Group List
                        Mar-18 9:08:47 AM Pushover 3P Error In SoundLoad The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.

Comment

Thank you for everyone providing support to each other, makes my life much easier ...

pcgirl65 there are occasions when events can get into a bid of a disagreement with themselves and whilst it is rare (perhaps because I mess with them less than someone who is using the plugin first time and still testing) I've attributed it partly to the fact I have quite a few more controls on the events page than it appears other plugins may have (where you might just have an on/off action). Each control stores data in the event however when you might be removing/changing data often then one of these controls might end up getting stuck or keeping old data...the simple fix to try is just to delete and start again. As I say it should not happen that often but if it does then let me know and I can try and do some more debugging.

royf the remote server it tries to contact is the Pushover server to get the list of sounds, when I was first writing the plugin the advice was to not statically 'fix' the list of sounds and instead to download a list in case they change the sounds. In all honesty they have done a handful of new sounds in about six years so perhaps I didn't need to do it quite as often. As to what the issue is with the bad request then the only thing to get the sound list is the plugin needs to get is the application token which will be stored in an INI file. Perhaps for some reason if this is happening on startup then the file is not being read by the plugin and then giving the error. If this happens all the time then let me know and I can look at some more debugging.

Comment

In events we have an option to send the "Application name:" parameter, that permits to categorise the messages received in my iphone

Looking in the pushover documentation I can't find any parameters to send this information, is the documentation obsolete or is this fucntion unavailable via scripting ?

event:
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	pushover.JPG
Views:	266
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	1372667

scripting option in the doc:

Index(0) Device Name (Required - “All Clients” to send to all devices, separate multiple clients with the ASCII character 124 - | - String)
                            Index(1) Message Body (Required - String)
                            Index(2) Message Title (Optional - String)
                            Index(3) Message Priority (Optional - normal/low/emergency/high - String)
                            Index(4) Message Sound (Optional - 'pushover' etc, from the sound list - String)
                            Index(5) Message URL (Optional - String)
                            Index(6) Message URL Title (Optional - String)
                            Index(7) API String (Optional - Same as in the configuration page - String)
                            Index(8) Attachment Path (Optional - full file path to the attachment - String)

Comment

I think that is for selecting which application you have defined in Pushover to use. I have multiple applications dedicated to different projects. I think the only way to send the application name with your message is to leave the title blank. It will automatically fill the title with your application name per the Pushover API.

Comment

Originally posted by pcburcham View Post
                                I think that is for selecting which application you have defined in Pushover to use. I have multiple applications dedicated to different projects. I think the only way to send the application name with your message is to leave the title blank. It will automatically fill the title with your application name per the Pushover API.
                                My problem is that I defined 3 Applications on the Pushover site that I also created int the Pushover Plug In interface and sometime I wan't to send the message via Application-1, sometime via Application-2, If I send via an event I can easily choose the application to send it from bu I ca'nt find a way to specify an Application via a script !

I guess my only option will be to send an HTTP POST to pushover with the detailed informations instead of using the plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X