HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hankli View Post
    I'm having trouble attaching an image file. The Plugin keeps reporting the file does not exist inside HS log. Attached is a screenshot of the event I created. Anyone has any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong? I've already verified that the file does exist by pasting the file path directly onto the command line and using "dir" command in a cmd window.

The quotes in the path are likely to be causing an issue - have you tried the path without the quotes - does that work? If not I might need to add some functionality to cope with spaces in filenames.

Comment

Originally posted by hankli View Post
      I'm having trouble attaching an image file. The Plugin keeps reporting the file does not exist inside HS log. Attached is a screenshot of the event I created. Anyone has any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong? I've already verified that the file does exist by pasting the file path directly onto the command line and using "dir" command in a cmd window.
      I have a similar event and just have the path set as below, no quotes at all:

C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\netcam\CurrentImage.jpg

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	393
Size:	3.9 KB
ID:	1388002
      Attached Files

Comment

Why are there quotes around the Program Files and HS Homeseer directories?

Comment

Thanks kazibole and pcgirl. It works without the quotes. I thought that the file path required DOS convention which apparently are not required. LoL

Comment

I'm trying to send a message to two devices in a script. This works fine:

hs.PluginFunction("Pushover 3P", "", "Pushscript", New Object() {"myphone1", Message, "Melding fra HS", "Normal", "pushover", Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing})

However, when adding a second device, separating the two devices with a pipe as described in the documentation, the message is never recieved on either device:

hs.PluginFunction("Pushover 3P", "", "Pushscript", New Object() {"myphone1 | myphone2", Message, "Melding fra HS", "Normal", "pushover", Nothing, Nothing, Nothing, Nothing})

I guess there's a syntax error here, but I can't find it...

Comment

Just a wild guess... maybe the spaces surrounding the | ?
              stefxx

Comment

Yep I would check if the spaces are the issue, if not let me know and I will do some checking in the code.

Comment

Doh! Thanks guys, removing the spaces did the trick

Comment

mrhappy, looks like the Monospace option isn't working as expected. All three lines in this test message have the exact same number of characters (14):

Name:	Screenshot 2020-08-27 at 8.37.45 PM.png
Views:	376
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	1414667

The monospace font looks correct in the text area when composing, i.e. before collapsing the event. But then after collapsing it changes back to variable spacing. And then the iOS Pushover app also displays it in a variable width font.

What's the cheat code to unlock this functionality?

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 8.52.26 PM.png
Views:	336
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	1414668

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 8.52.38 PM.png
Views:	332
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	1414669

Comment

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post
                      mrhappy, looks like the Monospace option isn't working as expected. All three lines in this test message have the exact same number of characters (14):

The monospace font looks correct in the text area when composing, i.e. before collapsing the event. But then after collapsing it changes back to variable spacing. And then the iOS Pushover app also displays it in a variable width font.

You won't see it monospaced in the HomeSeer UI, the only thing I do is when you check the box I send the parameter to Pushover to handle.

I'll do some checking and get back to you.

Comment

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post

There is a bug that I have fixed, it is to do with the check box - in HS depending on how you create it depends whether you get checked/unchecked or on/off - I was checking for the wrong result. It may be that I have changed that parameter at some point because I am sure I tested the monospace text when the option came out.

I would probably like to roll this fix into a set of bigger changes to make the plugin a little more refined...I'll see how much progress I can make today/tomorrow but if not I will put out the new version with just this change in it.

Comment

So I feel like I’m missing something very elementary. As I read the documentation it mentions the file HSPI_PUSHOVER.ZIP. Where do I find this?

Comment

Originally posted by lodi View Post
                            So I feel like I’m missing something very elementary. As I read the documentation it mentions the file HSPI_PUSHOVER.ZIP. Where do I find this?
                            The documentation is probably out of date by now as the plugin is now in the updater, you can install it from there and it should do the installation automatically for you.

Comment

Ahhhh! I was racking my brain. I thought I had to do both. I already have it installed. Thanks for the quick reply.

Comment

Hi mrhappy I have done some forum/web searching and gone through "Pushover_HTML_Documentation.pdf" prior to posting this but seem to be stuck at the start. I'm running HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.368 on RPi, installed pushover (0.0.0.48), set up the pushover account/got the key. As soon as I go into HS3 > Plugins > Pushover 3P > config I just get "Error -" and that's it.

HSPI_PUSHOVER.exe is in the default directory; /home/<username>/HomeSeer
                                Plugin status is OK. It's been disabled and re-enabled and the RPi has been restarted.

From the HS Log:

Pushover 3P
                                Glance Message Delay Value 20
                                Sep-04 14:13:21

Pushover 3P
                                Starting Flood Control Timer
                                Sep-04 14:13:21

Pushover 3P
                                Sending Status True Device Value: 100
                                Sep-04 14:13:20

Pushover 3P
                                No User Key Specified, please enter in config page

Pushover 3P
                                RegisterWebPage Called: PushConfig - Configuration - Pushover 3P Configuration

Pushover 3P
                                CreateTable Entered
                                Sep-04 14:13:19

Pushover 3P
                                HS3 Detected, Continue...
                                Sep-04 14:13:19

Pushover 3P
                                Plugin Starting - Checking if HS4/HS3...

Could you help with that at all please?

Comment

Working...
                                X