No announcement yet.

HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm afraid I am going to struggle as that error is a little vague obviously...I've checked the code where 'Error -' is and it is in the main event that builds the plugin webpage and it should contain a description but guess that is not coming through.

I'm head deep in a re-write of the plugin at the minute so I wouldn't want to set you up with something half finished...what I would suggest is setting it up manually. In your HS config directory you should have PushoverConf.ini. Edit this in your favourite text editor with something like the following;

Code:
    [Settings]
    UsrKey=KWnsGKueetY17to66uAxxxxxxxxx
    eInterval=60
    eExpiry=200
    WantDevices=False
    FloodNumber=50
    [Clients]
    [APITokens]
    HomeSeer=cJvZXLNqBGifwKv2AcqfRxxxxxxx
    Replacing the UsrKey field with yours and the API token section with yours also - restart the plugin and see if you can send messages from an event.

Comment

Thanks for that, it's up and running! There wasn't an .ini file but I created one and pasted your code / my keys.
      I'm getting the same "Error -" message on the config page but it's working, thank you.

Comment

Hi All

I'm on a current mission to go through all my plugins and try and make them a little better, removing some of the legacy/rubbish code that I have in them. This plugin was no exception, I have been through every line trying to ensure it works and is fit for purpose.

Time has come for this plugin, on this post is version .50 which has little visual difference but sorts out a couple of bugs. They are;

1) Removed the application validation process - seemed to be failing on some installs (such as by themlruts ), any application added will get added without verification
        2) Added the application selection to the Glance Message option - this was an oversight and should've always been there
        3) Re-done the web pages so they look similar to my other plugins
        4) Removed a lot of old code and consolidated it
        5) Re-done the devices, if you use the devices then you will need to delete them and let the plugin create them again. The devices are virtually the same but I've set the icons and can now add other devices easily if it ever came to it.
        6) Fix for the monospace text issue previously reported by teladog01

Event actions should stay the same (this was obviously my concern) and existing events should work just fine, you won't need to do any additional setup apart from replacing this file (and deleting old devices if you had them).

If someone could let me know if it works that would be great, then if it does I will put it in the updater.

Keep the old version close at hand if you need to revert..it should just be a matter of swapping the EXE back.

Thanks...
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
          If someone could let me know if it works that would be great, then if it does I will put it in the updater.
          No problems here so far in sending regular (non-glance) messages. Monospace option seems to be working as expected now. Thanks for fixing that

Having an issue, though, with glance messages. Keep getting this in the log:

Code:
          Sep-07 6:01:22 PM Event Event Trigger "Utility Pushover Glance Message"
          Sep-07 6:01:22 PM Pushover 3P Message Unable To Send - Delay Between Messages
          Looks like the plugin Is no longer honoring my "GlanceDelay=0" INI file setting.

Comment

Looks like there are also issues with messages that contain HTML tags. Here's an example comparison of messages sent from the same event, version .48 vs version .50:

Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_1520.jpeg
Views:	568
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	1417856

Name:	fullsizeoutput_151f.jpeg
Views:	510
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	1417857

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 12.05.49 PM.png
Views:	564
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	1417855

Comment

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post
              Looks like there are also issues with messages that contain HTML tags. Here's an example comparison of messages sent from the same event, version .48 vs version .50:

Name:	fullsizeoutput_1520.jpeg
Views:	568
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	1417856

Name:	fullsizeoutput_151f.jpeg
Views:	510
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	1417857

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 12.05.49 PM.png
Views:	564
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	1417855
              Can you give the new version (.51) in post #1249 a go please, those issues should be fixed.

Comment

Can you give the new version (.51) in post #1249 a go please, those issues should be fixed.
                Yep, initial tests look good for both of the issues. I'll keep an eye on it the next few days.

Comment

I was getting a bunch of these in the log today:
                  Code:
                  Sep-12 11:01:37 PM           Pushover 3P     PushMessage Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                  Eventually I tracked it down to an event that had some HTML tags in the Message body, and also had the monospace option checked. I realize that monospace HTML is probably not a valid thing, but maybe the plugin could deal with this a little more gracefully?

Comment

I was getting a bunch of these in the log today:
                    Code:
                    Sep-12 11:01:37 PM Pushover 3P PushMessage Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                    Eventually I tracked it down to an event that had some HTML tags in the Message body, and also had the monospace option checked. I realize that monospace HTML is probably not a valid thing, but maybe the plugin could deal with this a little more gracefully?
                    Good spot, yes of course please try this version.
                    Attached Files

Comment

5) Re-done the devices, if you use the devices then you will need to delete them and let the plugin create them again. The devices are virtually the same but I've set the icons and can now add other devices easily if it ever came to it.

Event actions should stay the same (this was obviously my concern) and existing events should work just fine, you won't need to do any additional setup apart from replacing this file (and deleting old devices if you had them)
                      I'm confused... are you saying that we manually delete the existing devices and the PI will re-create them with the exact same Device ID so HS3 doesnt get confused?
                      I have about 30 devices, many are used in events, dashboards, etc. --really dont want to comb through all my events and fix them.

thx

Comment

Unfortunately yes Ltek and I recognise the pain it can cause, I don't personally use the pushover devices and don't know what people typically use them for. Events with just pushover actions to send messages will be fine.
                        ​​​
                        ​​The reason I moved away was to remove the reliance on the PED and also the device enumerator and instead reference the devices by address. This was to make it more HS4-proof as I don't think the enumerator is really advertised any more.

The old version should still work OK and to be honest there isn't a great amount of changes so if it causes too much pain you don't have to update.

Comment

mrhappy I get it, I was thinking about the wrong thing, I only see the default HS3 Devices (see screenshot) - so, no problem there, they are not used in any Events

One small feature request if you can... it would be extremely helpful if you were able to have a tab in the PI that lists all the PO notifications used in Events (and the event they are associated to). I find that with over 350 events and growing, I often duplicate notifications and/or forget where a notification 'lives'. In the Vera system, I could see all event notifications in a table and see what-is-where.

Hope you can make that happen?

thx for the very very useful plug!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Good spot, yes of course please try this version.
                            Yep, I see the improved logging for this situation now:
                            Code:
                            Sep-16 4:09:58 PM Pushover 3P Pushover Plugin WebException Error: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
                            Sep-16 4:09:58 PM Pushover 3P Error: html and monospace are mutually exclusive
                            Would it be possible to go ahead and send the message, just disable the monospace option?

Since the monospace option wasn't working before, this invalid message config went unnoticed. So it's possible I have other Pushover message events like this. As it is now, I won't even know that I am missing notifications due to this invalid config, unless I explicitly check the log.

It's not that big of a deal, but if it's not much work I think that would be preferable to go ahead and send the message if possible. Sorry to be a pain about this...

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
                              mrhappy I get it, I was thinking about the wrong thing, I only see the default HS3 Devices (see screenshot) - so, no problem there, they are not used in any Events

One small feature request if you can... it would be extremely helpful if you were able to have a tab in the PI that lists all the PO notifications used in Events (and the event they are associated to). I find that with over 350 events and growing, I often duplicate notifications and/or forget where a notification 'lives'. In the Vera system, I could see all event notifications in a table and see what-is-where.

Hope you can make that happen?

thx for the very very useful plug!
                              This would be useful for me just as much as anyone else...sadly this is a HS limitation (and any other solution involves a huge amount of work to move the event structures outside of the HS provided solutions). If you query the events via the scripting call then all you get is the list of events and when it comes to the actions it just says that they belong to a plugin with no further information, as such I can't get a list of them easily. I contemplated making a list when an event is called and then saving that event into a list but that will be out of date should the action be changed or the action be deleted so I'd rather not have something than have something that was inaccurate.

Comment

Yep, I see the improved logging for this situation now:
                                Code:
                                Sep-16 4:09:58 PM Pushover 3P Pushover Plugin WebException Error: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
                                Sep-16 4:09:58 PM Pushover 3P Error: html and monospace are mutually exclusive
                                Would it be possible to go ahead and send the message, just disable the monospace option?

Since the monospace option wasn't working before, this invalid message config went unnoticed. So it's possible I have other Pushover message events like this. As it is now, I won't even know that I am missing notifications due to this invalid config, unless I explicitly check the log.

It's not that big of a deal, but if it's not much work I think that would be preferable to go ahead and send the message if possible. Sorry to be a pain about this...
                                I'm with you all the way but I am afraid that this would be great to do but just too much work for me at the minute. When the plugin was written then I was new to HS3 and in hindsight I would have gone with a different route to store messages in a queue and then depending on what came back then deal with them like in your case to strip things out that caused an error or in the case of no internet connection to do periodic retries and then send the messages when it came back online...I wanted to do something quickly but in this case it was probably me not thinking for such eventualities (and indeed many of the later additions to pushover that cause these errors were simply not in the pushover functionality).

Comment

Working...
                                X