HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post

This would be useful for me just as much as anyone else...sadly this is a HS limitation (and any other solution involves a huge amount of work to move the event structures outside of the HS provided solutions). If you query the events via the scripting call then all you get is the list of events and when it comes to the actions it just says that they belong to a plugin with no further information, as such I can't get a list of them easily. I contemplated making a list when an event is called and then saving that event into a list but that will be out of date should the action be changed or the action be deleted so I'd rather not have something than have something that was inaccurate.
    understood... HS has a lot of these. Curious if you put in a feature request... not that it would help ;-)

Comment

I'm with you all the way but I am afraid that this would be great to do but just too much work for me at the minute. When the plugin was written then I was new to HS3 and in hindsight I would have gone with a different route to store messages in a queue and then depending on what came back then deal with them like in your case to strip things out that caused an error or in the case of no internet connection to do periodic retries and then send the messages when it came back online...I wanted to do something quickly but in this case it was probably me not thinking for such eventualities (and indeed many of the later additions to pushover that cause these errors were simply not in the pushover functionality).
      Understood, thank you for the explanation 👍

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
        One small feature request if you can... it would be extremely helpful if you were able to have a tab in the PI that lists all the PO notifications used in Events (and the event they are associated to). I find that with over 350 events and growing, I often duplicate notifications and/or forget where a notification 'lives'. In the Vera system, I could see all event notifications in a table and see what-is-where.
        This would be useful for me just as much as anyone else...sadly this is a HS limitation (and any other solution involves a huge amount of work to move the event structures outside of the HS provided solutions). If you query the events via the scripting call then all you get is the list of events and when it comes to the actions it just says that they belong to a plugin with no further information, as such I can't get a list of them easily. I contemplated making a list when an event is called and then saving that event into a list but that will be out of date should the action be changed or the action be deleted so I'd rather not have something than have something that was inaccurate.
        Ltek It might not be exactly what you want but have you tried Jon00's Event Viewer? It has many uses and you can filter by search words. If you enter 'Send Pushover' as the search words then it will list out all your events that have a Pushover message as an action.

It's also very useful for finding broken events by using 'broken' as the search term, but that's a separate topic..

Steve

Comment

Hi there.

Looks like with the latest version 0.0.0.52 sending messages from a script in HS3 doesn't work anymore. There's no errors or anything - just no message sent. Same script with same parameters works fine with 0.0.0.48. I've downgraded and got everything working for now, so no pressure.

Here's the relevant part of the script:

Code:
          Dim CO(8) as Object
          CO(0) = "phone1|phone2"
          CO(1) = "Roomba hat eine Reinigungsaufgabe in " & Total_Time & " Minuten erledigt und ist nun zurück im Dock."
          CO(2) = "Roomba Reinigung beendet"
          CO(3) = Nothing
          CO(4) = "Gamelan"
          CO(5) = Nothing
          CO(6) = Nothing
          CO(7) = "iRobot"
          CO(8) = Nothing

hs.PluginFunction("Pushover 3P", "", "Pushscript", CO)
          Cheers,
          Alex

Comment

Originally posted by akurz View Post
            Hi there.

Looks like with the latest version 0.0.0.52 sending messages from a script in HS3 doesn't work anymore. There's no errors or anything - just no message sent. Same script with same parameters works fine with 0.0.0.48. I've downgraded and got everything working for now, so no pressure.

Here's the relevant part of the script:

Code:
            Dim CO(8) as Object
            CO(0) = "phone1|phone2"
            CO(1) = "Roomba hat eine Reinigungsaufgabe in " & Total_Time & " Minuten erledigt und ist nun zurück im Dock."
            CO(2) = "Roomba Reinigung beendet"
            CO(3) = Nothing
            CO(4) = "Gamelan"
            CO(5) = Nothing
            CO(6) = Nothing
            CO(7) = "iRobot"
            CO(8) = Nothing

hs.PluginFunction("Pushover 3P", "", "Pushscript", CO)
            Cheers,
            Alex
            I am an idiot. Please can you try this version...
            Attached Files

Comment

NO WAY ARE YOU AN IDIOT!

I use your Pushover Plugin all the time.

Dan-O
              HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

Thanks mrHappy! Latest version works just fine.

However, you are using images from the "contemporary" folder. While it does exist on my HS4 production system, (upgraded from HS3) it does not exist on a fresh HS4 installation (my dev environment). All the references images exist in the "status" folder as well, and they are exactly the same.

The simple fix would be to use the ones from the "status" folder, that should work for HS3 and HS4. As I workaround, I copied the images to the contemporary folder for now.

I know, HS4 is not supported
                stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
                  Thanks mrHappy! Latest version works just fine.

However, you are using images from the "contemporary" folder. While it does exist on my HS4 production system, (upgraded from HS3) it does not exist on a fresh HS4 installation (my dev environment). All the references images exist in the "status" folder as well, and they are exactly the same.

The simple fix would be to use the ones from the "status" folder, that should work for HS3 and HS4. As I workaround, I copied the images to the contemporary folder for now.

I know, HS4 is not supported
                  OK I can change this and probably should in all my plugins, thanks for the heads up. I'm not against minor changes like this...

Comment

OK I can change this and probably should in all my plugins, thanks for the heads up. I'm not against minor changes like this...
                    Excellent! Keep up the good work!
                    stefxx

Comment

Agree with Dan-O: No idiot - by a long shot.

Latest version works a treat.

Thanks!
                      Alex

Comment

Strange (little) problem. Plugin version 0.0.0.52. HS3 3.0.0.548. If I modify for example the Pushover icon or the Floor parameter on a Pushover device, disable and enable the plugin new duplicate devices are created. Looks like the plugin creates new devices if something is changed on the original devices.

Comment

Originally posted by voxie View Post
                          Strange (little) problem. Plugin version 0.0.0.52. HS3 3.0.0.548. If I modify for example the Pushover icon or the Floor parameter on a Pushover device, disable and enable the plugin new duplicate devices are created. Looks like the plugin creates new devices if something is changed on the original devices.
                          This is an issue which has caused an issue with other plugins of mine - it appears that the device code is dropped when you go into the device details page and then the plugin will try and create the device again (because it can't find the device in HS because the data is not there), if you edit this device again the code will go and the sorry process will continue.

I have fixed that I think now with the version on this post, sadly you will have to start again with HS devices which may cause some people to be reluctant to do this but it is there if they wish to.

Attached Files

Comment

Hello and thank you for this great plug-in. I did not see release notes, I'm curious what to expect if I update from .48 to .52?
                            Thanks and stay safe.

Comment

This is an issue which has caused an issue with other plugins of mine - it appears that the device code is dropped when you go into the device details page and then the plugin will try and create the device again (because it can't find the device in HS because the data is not there), if you edit this device again the code will go and the sorry process will continue.

I have fixed that I think now with the version on this post, sadly you will have to start again with HS devices which may cause some people to be reluctant to do this but it is there if they wish to.
                              PI console still shows 0.0.0.53 instead of 0.0.0.54, is this normal ?
                              just disabled the PI and copied the exe over the old one (0.0.0.54 over 0.0.0.53).
                              Everything else seems to work though.

Comment

Originally posted by 123qweasd View Post

PI console still shows 0.0.0.53 instead of 0.0.0.54, is this normal ?
                                just disabled the PI and copied the exe over the old one (0.0.0.54 over 0.0.0.53).
                                Everything else seems to work though.
                                Have you stopped the plugin before copying the file ? I had the same problem, I stopped the plugin, copied over the old file, restart and now I have the correct version

Comment

Working...
                                X