HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My linux log is full of these log's "tmrFlood Elapsed"
    I've read in this thread that some else also noticed this behaviour. Was this problem fixed in HS3 and reappeared in HS4? I don't see any option to disable debug in pushover

(running Pushover PI 0.0.0.54)

Comment

I guess this is just the linux version as I'm running HS on Windows and the latest looks like .52...(HS3)
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
        I guess this is just the linux version as I'm running HS on Windows and the latest looks like .52...(HS3)
        In the updater yes but .54 is published here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...92#post1435192
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
          Yes I'm running the PI on linux. When I was running version .52 it had the same error so I hoped by updating it that the error would go away.

Comment

Does anyone have an example of sending multiple lines of text from a file as a pushover message in a script?

Comment

Love the plugin, not sure how I would manage without it.

As of April 8, Pushover supports custom sounds. Are there any plans of adding this as an option in the plugin?

Comment

Originally posted by prk View Post
                Love the plugin, not sure how I would manage without it.

As of April 8, Pushover supports custom sounds. Are there any plans of adding this as an option in the plugin?
                I haven't looked into custom sounds yet, but I am guessing that although you've uploaded a sound file into the Pushover dashboard, then when building an HS script the sound's file name is not showing as a drop-down option?

I wonder if it might be possible to overwrite sound files on the local storage, using the default file names?

Comment

Am having a little bit of an oddity with a couple of pushover notifications (I'm running HS4 fwiw), hoping someone might have a clue what is happening. Pretty simple stuff, send a notification when (zwave) lock unlocks, send a notification when lock locks. The notifications are working fine, message title is good but the variable substitution in the message body seems to come out reversed from what I'd be expecting.

So in the message body I have this for the "unlocked" event...
                  HTML Code:
                  <B><font color=red>Unlocked</font> </B><BR> $$DSR:969:<BR> at $TIME on $DATE
                  And this for the "locked" event...
                  HTML Code:
                  <B><font color=green>Locked</font> </B><BR> $$DSR:969:<BR> at $TIME on $DATE
                  If I look in the HS4 logs we see...
                  Code:
                  [FONT=Calibri][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=black]2021-06-12 8:55:49 PM[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]
                  [FONT=Calibri][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=black]Legacy-Plugin[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]
                  [FONT=Calibri][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=black]Z-Wave[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]
                  [FONT=Calibri][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=black]Device: Lock Front Door Access Control Notification Set to NOTIFICATION for type Access Control Notification, Event: RF Lock Operation[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]
                  Looking at the device in the HS4 console we see the "RF Lock Operation" status as I would expect.

*BUT* the Pushover notification comes in reversed ("RF Unlock Operation" for when locked and "RF Lock Operation" when unlocked).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210612-210935 (2).png
Views:	492
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	1479360

Just to make sure I wasn't seeing things I tried swapping the status codes within the lock device itself... when I did that the notifications were right in Pushover, but wrong everywhere else.

I should also mention that the various other status messages (Manual Lock/Unlock, Keypad Lock/Unlock) are working properly... it's just the "RF Lock/Unlock" that show up reversed in the pushover notifications. Seems very strange to me as I would have thought a substitution was exactly just that, a substitution. Any thoughts?

Comment

Hey mcisar, not sure about the locking device, or how its status is configured, but could you experiment with a different kind of notification, such as an email, or speaking through the PC? As long as a locking event ends up sending out a locked notification, and an unlock event send out an unlock notification then all would be well.

Comment

Originally posted by DLONG2 View Post
                      Hey mcisar, not sure about the locking device, or how its status is configured, but could you experiment with a different kind of notification, such as an email, or speaking through the PC? As long as a locking event ends up sending out a locked notification, and an unlock event send out an unlock notification then all would be well.
                      DLONG2 I have other types of notifications, and in fact even the pushover "works" insofar as I manually set the message title to "locked" or "unlocked". It's more a curiosity thing at this point as to why out of all of the various status' that get returned by the lock why the pushover plugin sees the substitution for the "RF lock/unlock" ones as reversed from what they should be.

Comment

Originally posted by mcisar View Post
                        Am having a little bit of an oddity with a couple of pushover notifications (I'm running HS4 fwiw), hoping someone might have a clue what is happening. Pretty simple stuff, send a notification when (zwave) lock unlocks, send a notification when lock locks. The notifications are working fine, message title is good but the variable substitution in the message body seems to come out reversed from what I'd be expecting.

So in the message body I have this for the "unlocked" event...
                        HTML Code:
                        <B><font color=red>Unlocked</font> </B><BR> $$DSR:969:<BR> at $TIME on $DATE
                        And this for the "locked" event...
                        HTML Code:
                        <B><font color=green>Locked</font> </B><BR> $$DSR:969:<BR> at $TIME on $DATE
                        If I look in the HS4 logs we see...
                        Code:
                        [FONT=Calibri][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=black]2021-06-12 8:55:49 PM[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]
                        [FONT=Calibri][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=black]Legacy-Plugin[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]
                        [FONT=Calibri][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=black]Z-Wave[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]
                        [FONT=Calibri][FONT=Courier New][COLOR=black]Device: Lock Front Door Access Control Notification Set to NOTIFICATION for type Access Control Notification, Event: RF Lock Operation[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]
                        Looking at the device in the HS4 console we see the "RF Lock Operation" status as I would expect.

*BUT* the Pushover notification comes in reversed ("RF Unlock Operation" for when locked and "RF Lock Operation" when unlocked).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210612-210935 (2).png
Views:	492
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	1479360

Just to make sure I wasn't seeing things I tried swapping the status codes within the lock device itself... when I did that the notifications were right in Pushover, but wrong everywhere else.

I should also mention that the various other status messages (Manual Lock/Unlock, Keypad Lock/Unlock) are working properly... it's just the "RF Lock/Unlock" that show up reversed in the pushover notifications. Seems very strange to me as I would have thought a substitution was exactly just that, a substitution. Any thoughts?
                        I could be wrong but I suspect it isn’t anything to do with Pushover but more likely the replacement variable status lagging slightly behind in HS. Try putting a 1sec wait before the notification action in the event and see if you then get the correct status.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMSJ View Post
                          I could be wrong but I suspect it isn’t anything to do with Pushover but more likely the replacement variable status lagging slightly behind in HS. Try putting a 1sec wait before the notification action in the event and see if you then get the correct status.
                          Hmmm, interesting thought... I'll try that when I get back home.

Comment

Originally posted by DLONG2 View Post

I haven't looked into custom sounds yet, but I am guessing that although you've uploaded a sound file into the Pushover dashboard, then when building an HS script the sound's file name is not showing as a drop-down option?

I wonder if it might be possible to overwrite sound files on the local storage, using the default file names?
                            You are correct, that was the case. However now that I was going to have another look at the drop-down, it seems to be blank both for existing and new actions. Not sure what happened there, but as I recall the list did contain the standard sounds only. Do you know if the drop-down is populated based on a fixed set of sounds, or does it pull the values from the Pushover API?

Comment

Originally posted by prk View Post

You are correct, that was the case. However now that I was going to have another look at the drop-down, it seems to be blank both for existing and new actions. Not sure what happened there, but as I recall the list did contain the standard sounds only. Do you know if the drop-down is populated based on a fixed set of sounds, or does it pull the values from the Pushover API?
                              After I had written, I went and tried the custom sound. It was added into the dashboard, and the test notification worked via the dashboard, but the HS plug in still showed the fixed list of sounds, not showing the custom sound name I had added to the dashboard. I am assuming the custom sounds is a whole new idea from the developer, and I hope the HS plug in might get an update soon. A custom sound would be ideal, rather than associating a bicycle bell to an event, it could just announce it.

Comment

For as long as I have used Pushover, it has only ever been for a single device (mine). Now I need to add my fiance's and her kids' devices to the plugin, but am struggling to find a way to do so.

I see where I can add additional devices to my own Pushover account and use the different device or group names in events. But what I need to do is add additional user keys to the plugin that correspond to the additional users' devices on their own Pushover accounts. How do I do that?

Surely I am not limited to a single Pushover account? As an IT security professional, I don't see any scenario where I enter my own Pushover account credentials on a bunch of other devices that are not in my control

Comment

Working...
                                X