HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronnie View Post
    I noticed that the Pushover messaging platform upgraded back in April 2021 and can allow custom mp3 message on the Iphone. Can this be done in HS? If not, does anyone know if the Pushover Plugin will be upgraded for this feature?

Thanks,

Ronnie
    It seems that the plugin is already able to support custom sounds. My custom sounds magically appeared in the sound dropdown after a while. There may be some kind of cache that need to expire for them to appear.

Comment

I'd like to install this plug-in but I can't seem to find a list of the plugins that can be installed on HS3. I know I used to be able to see a long list of available plug-ins but can't find the list now.

I looked under "Manage Plug-ins" in HS3 and clicked on "Additional Interfaces" and "update Listing", but no plug-ins show up.

I've tried Chrome and Edge. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

At the very bottom of the manage plugin's page there is an Additional Interfaces link. Just click on it and it will expand to a plethora of lots of HS3 plugins available for you to install.

Comment

Thanks George. But... I know this is crazy, but there is nothing there. I am attaching a screenshot of what I see. Or maybe don't see. What in the world am I missing?

Click image for larger version

Name:	HS3 Plug-ins.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	1525746

Comment

Do you have a file called updater_override.txt in your Homeseer root folder? If so, delete that and try again.
            Jon

Comment

That sort of tells me that you don't have a connection to the internet or the HST servers. What version of HS3 are you running?

Here is what I see, maybe Rupp might be able to figure out why the plugins aren't showing. From what I understand the entire list comes from the HST servers.

You can see just a partial glimpse of the all the categories and if you expand them there are quite a few under each.

Do you have that machine firewalled or not registered on the HST servers?

g

Click image for larger version

Name:	inrerfaces.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	1525751

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                Do you have a file called updater_override.txt in your Homeseer root folder? If so, delete that and try again.
                Yes I did have that file and after deleting it, I now see the full list of plugins. Was there something I did to cause it to be there?

Thank you for help people !!

Frank

Comment

If you manually installed a plugin or got a plugin directly from an author, the updater_override file contains the directives to install the plugin and where to put the different files.

In your case, do you ever remember installing a beta or test version of the Alexa plugin?

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
                    If you manually installed a plugin or got a plugin directly from an author, the updater_override file contains the directives to install the plugin and where to put the different files.

In your case, do you ever remember installing a beta or test version of the Alexa plugin?
                    Yes. I did try to install an Alexa plugin and it never installed properly. In fact, on the graphic I pasted above, the plug-in is shown there and I couldn't delete it from the page. Now I notice it is gone. The plug-in was Spud's version 3.0.0.1.

Had you seen that happen before?

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                      Fair point, they both are in the same function (a logging function, determine the OS type to determine the path structure and then get the HS path to determine where put the log files) so can be changed and in hindsight I think I put them there in a rush as I can see they are going to be called constantly.

There is only one thread in the plugin so that narrows it down somewhat. Most of the code inside that thread is not particularly contentious apart from me running through the enumerator and registering a web page. It registers the web page first then runs, does a bit more like sets up some timers and then through the enumerator to determine whether or not the plugin has devices. I've seen your other posts and from what I can understand I think I will need to check those calls are appropriately safeguarded.

It may be that I can get rid of the enumerator alltogether and like others I am a bit mystified that it takes as long as it takes. I was always a bit surprised that a simple call of something like hs.getplugindevices (where you pass in a plugin name and instance) was not written instead, I remember that in the HS3 developer webinar there was some discussion over the enumerator and I think it was originally not part of the HS3 spec and only added after some protest.

I have been using the v3 of the app on v4 of homeseer (windows) it works great, It is a shame the is no v4 of the program, easy to use and just plain works

Comment

Originally posted by Tj in Bristol View Post

I have been using the v3 of the app on v4 of homeseer (windows) it works great, It is a shame the is no v4 of the program, easy to use and just plain works
                        If V3 works so great, why is there even a need for a V4?

Comment

Originally posted by Tj in Bristol View Post

https://shop.homeseer.com/products/s...plugin-for-hs4

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post

If V3 works so great, why is there even a need for a V4?
                            The V3 plugin Author is MIA so no support if something changed......
                            Jon

Comment

Is anyone else having problems with Glances-messages? Think the issue started with latest iOS/WatchOS for me.

Comment

Does anyone use pushover in the Weather XML plugin from CFGuy? I have an alert trigger action that sends out a pushover message to some users and it used to work fine. I just noticed this morning that the WeatherXML plugin did not send me any messages. I'm not sure how long it hasn't been working because we haven't had any severe weather since last fall that would have triggered an alert. I know the alert in weatherXML is working ok because my speakers play the correct alert message.

Comment

Working...
                                X