HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still have an exception with Pushover

Apr-28 20:53:38 Pushover 3P Unknown Exception in Pushmessage: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Apr-28 20:53:38 Event Event Trigger "Alarm System Test Push"

Apr-28 20:51:48 Warning File does not exist: C:\Program Files\Homeseer HS3\html\images\pushoverlarge_small.png
    Apr-28 20:51:41 Device Control Device: Pushover 3P Pushover 3P Last Message Sent to Resend Message (1) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

Comment

Originally posted by Kitar View Post
      Stopped HS3
      Copied new HSPI_pushover version over o the folder
      Restarted HS3
      Re-enabled the plug-in

No errors so far.

My HS3 test setup is on a very old PC. New PC is in the works. Just waiting to find the right embeddable machine.

Thanks very much with your fast response and all the help.
      OK that's a good start at least that it does not error and I did wonder if it could be an old PC issue.

Greetings,
      These errors appeared today in the log and I cannot find any place in Setup to configure "postback". Are these settings related to your plug-in?
      Looks like a security key so I replaced key with *'s.

The only other thing I can think of is HS3's color keyword filtering of the log file.

Error In setup postback: Public member 'ColorStyle' on type '****************************' not found.
      Error In setup postback: Public member 'Filter' on type '****************************' not found.
      I am not sure these are, perhaps look to be from the HS setup page if you are trying to make changes there? I think ColorStyle/Filter will be settings to do with the HS log file and I don't do really anything with the log apart from one hs.writelog call.

Apr-28 20:53:38 Pushover 3P Unknown Exception in Pushmessage: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      Apr-28 20:53:38 Event Event Trigger "Alarm System Test Push"

Apr-28 20:51:48 Warning File does not exist: C:\Program Files\Homeseer HS3\html\images\pushoverlarge_small.png
      Apr-28 20:51:41 Device Control Device: Pushover 3P Pushover 3P Last Message Sent to Resend Message (1) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
      Two errors here;

1) The image warning, it is a harmless error and only appears when you go into the device properties. Because I can't distribute the plugin with the Pushover icon I left it in there that if you wanted to have a graphic called pushoverlarge.png then it would appear in the page when you go into the properties. I'll comment it out for future versions and people can just press 'Select Device Image' if they actually want the image...I did not realise it gave an error.

2) The object error is the big one and probably is stopping any messages, unfortunately these errors are very vague and I have just tested that version sending a message and I don't get the error. Are all your keys and tokens set up correctly in the setup page? That needs to be OK first.

Comment

Appears to be working for me. Thanks for the update.
        Regards, Bob

Comment

On the plugin config page do you need to enter anything other than the key ?

The good news is that the status on the Plugin management page is shown as "OK" and does not display the error. However I still cannot push. While it may be slow this is still a very capable PC that runs XP 32bit and MS Office

I also refreshed my key disabled Pushover, re-enabled it, then called it using an X10 trigger. Here is the log:

Apr-29 15:56:29 Pushover 3P Unknown Exception in Pushmessage: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
          Apr-29 15:56:29 Event Event Trigger "Alarm System Test Push"
          Apr-29 15:55:46 Z-Wave Device: Garage Garage Temperature Set to 18.2 (C)
          Apr-29 15:55:11 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Pushover 3P
          Apr-29 15:55:11 Pushover 3P Plugin Starting - Starting Thread
          Apr-29 15:55:11 Info Plugin Pushover 3P has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:1888
          Apr-29 15:55:05 Info Plugin Pushover 3P with instance: has disconnected
          Apr-29 15:55:05 Pushover 3P ShutdownIO Called
          Apr-29 15:55:05 Plug-In Shutting down Plug-In: Pushover 3P

As a wishlist item (should I get this working) It would be excellent to have a TEST PUSH icon on the device management and config page
          Last edited by Kitar; April 29, 2015, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Problem solved

It was a configuration problem with the Application not set. So sorry for having you chase ghosts.

I have been using an application which is very similar called Notify My Android. It's setup is similar but much simpler and I assumed...

So Pushover did return one error and I noticed after it fails, it shuts down and does not attempt to send further messages. Basically I had to disable and re-enable the plug-in to recover.

Thanks again for your help.

Apr-29 18:17:33 Pushover 3P Error In SoundLoad: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
            Apr-29 18:17:33 Pushover 3P Downloading sounds from Pushover
            Apr-29 18:17:33 Pushover 3P Change in API Token, reloading sound file

Comment

Glad you got it working in the end I will look into perhaps adding a bit of better setup as to whether when you add keys I can perhaps send a message to say it has been successful so at least you know that side of things works. The error with the object set type error really should not appear (should be handled a little more gracefully) and I'll check why.

Comment

Hi, I am using the pushover plug-in with pleasure for quit some time now. It's sending event messages when expected. I'm using version 0.0.0.8 and I am wondering if it is time to update it to the latest version?
                Does that have advantages? Will it overwrite the settings I have now? And will my events still work after updating the plug-in?

Regards,
                Wiechert

Comment

Originally posted by nl_user View Post
                  Hi, I am using the pushover plug-in with pleasure for quit some time now. It's sending event messages when expected. I'm using version 0.0.0.8 and I am wondering if it is time to update it to the latest version?
                  Does that have advantages? Will it overwrite the settings I have now? And will my events still work after updating the plug-in?

Regards,
                  Wiechert
                  There are a couple of changes but nothing that crucial, support for multi applications and coloured/HTML text in messages being probably the only ones that have any real noticeable difference. If you do not need these options then you can happily stay on version 0.0.0.8 if you so wish, I was very wary about events breaking but I don't think anyone actually suffered with this, however if you decide to upgrade then please do keep some backups just in case - worst case I think all that needed to be done was go in and re-select the application or make sure something was in that new field.

I have a new version also that I need to do some testing that should make new users easier as it will verify the application entered with Pushover and automatically download the devices registered with Pushover to the plugin. That again has the possibility of causing issues which is why I am holding back from releasing right at the minute.

Comment

I'm just loving this plug in!!

I'm not sure if this is a HS core function, or if the plug-in devs are able to add it.....

Is there anyway to add an Event Delay option in the advanced event settings for Pushover?
                    Attached Files
                    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
                      I'm just loving this plug in!!

I'm not sure if this is a HS core function, or if the plug-in devs are able to add it.....

Is there anyway to add an Event Delay option in the advanced event settings for Pushover?
                      Thanks for the feedback!

It is a good question and I have checked and this control does appear in the list of JQuery controls (http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer...spanpicker.htm). I can look at adding it but do need to be careful that it neither breaks existing events and as well it is handled correctly with some sort of queuing system (that makes sure if you have two things queued then it sends the right one at the right time). I will look into it and get back to you - for now would it be possible to use the wait function that is in the event actions? I know that will delay anything that is after the pushover message event but if you had the message send event last then it should have the same effect.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                        Thanks for the feedback!

It is a good question and I have checked and this control does appear in the list of JQuery controls (http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer...spanpicker.htm). I can look at adding it but do need to be careful that it neither breaks existing events and as well it is handled correctly with some sort of queuing system (that makes sure if you have two things queued then it sends the right one at the right time). I will look into it and get back to you - for now would it be possible to use the wait function that is in the event actions? I know that will delay anything that is after the pushover message event but if you had the message send event last then it should have the same effect.
                        Here is my thinking, and I could be all wrong. In my thread about checking for device heart beat updates, a 2 event solution was suggested.

My thinking was, if Pushover could be delayed, I could possibly get away with using one event... I think in order to make that work, I need the ability to delay (and cancel) the event.

Bottom line I would like to combine these two events into one..
                        Attached Files
                        RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
                          Here is my thinking, and I could be all wrong. In my thread about checking for device heart beat updates, a 2 event solution was suggested.

My thinking was, if Pushover could be delayed, I could possibly get away with using one event... I think in order to make that work, I need the ability to delay (and cancel) the event.

Bottom line I would like to combine these two events into one..
                          OK I see what you are trying to do and I can see a problem with having it in the plugin.

If you have it the way you have it then you have the option to cancel the delayed event will kill the event if you have the heartbeat notification somewhere between the event triggering and the 10 hour event delay. That is an option in the HomeSeer engine to cancel a delayed event and to also cancel a delayed device action (those have been there since HS2 if not HS1).

If the Pushover plugin had a delay built into it to delay sending a message then I would need to implement a similar 'remove Pushover delayed message' type event action because if you had the notification through at 8 hours with a message delayed for 10 hours then you would get the delayed message and the Pushover plugin would not know that the notification came through and send the message regardless.

The issue is that whilst devices and events are fixed and can be specified in a drop list unfortunately messages cannot be owing to the fact that they can be infinitely different and you might want to have more than one in the queue (so it's not simple enough just to remove a single pending message). I know I could try and have a remove message if it's title/body/message is equal to x/y/z but honestly do not know if it is going to be more work and introduce potentially more issues than just doing it the way you are doing at the minute. I am all for adding more functions but need to make sure that they are fairly reasonable and I am afraid this looks fairly simple but the more I think the more I can see it problematic, I will sleep on it though and see if I can think of something.

Comment

Thanks for the information, and the consideration.. Happy dreams..
                            RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Somehow i cant seem to get i working and im stuck with the "The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request." error.
                              Tried filling in user key, app key and even group key but everytime i get the same response in the log.

Im probarbly doing something wrong but when i use the test send message then i receive the push message.
                              [S]I thought I a step by step guide somewhere but i cant find it anymore.[/S], found it in the download version.

If I'm correct you should need to provide the app-key in the plugin instance?

edit:
                              I see in the pdf guide that you should get a config page after start of the plugin to enter the user-key (step 3 in setting up HomeSeer) etc i didn't get that. I suppose you can enter that information manually in the .ini file? If i could get a sample one which i can edit then i think i should be able to manage it

Comment

Originally posted by The-Source View Post
                                Somehow i cant seem to get i working and im stuck with the "The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request." error.
                                Tried filling in user key, app key and even group key but everytime i get the same response in the log.

Im probarbly doing something wrong but when i use the test send message then i receive the push message.
                                I thought I a step by step guide somewhere but i cant find it anymore.

If I'm correct you should need to provide the app-key in the plugin instance?
                                I have made a change that should hopefully help new users, I am wondering whether you wish to try it - it will tell you whether or not you have successfully got your application keys correct and will automatically download a list of devices into HS.

All you need in this version is the user key and the application key, I would suggest stopping the plugin, deleting your PushoverConf.ini file in the config directory and replacing the linked file with your HSPI_PUSHOVER.exe in your main HS directory. Start the plugin back up up and do the following;

1) Insert your user key
                                2) Insert your application key and give your application a name
                                3) You should then get a prompt and it should display whether or not the application was verified, if so it will download a list of devices into the box below.

4) Check the HS log for any errors, if there are some restart the plugin, if you still get them then let me know.

File is here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5D...ew?usp=sharing

Please note to anyone else until I have tested it further then I would suggest leaving this version alone - it could have some unknown implications in event actions not yet fully tested.

Comment

Working...
                                X