No announcement yet.

HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

config only shows 1 user, or user key info wrong.
    Attached Files
    Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
      config only shows 1 user, or user key info wrong.
      Ignore me when I talk about device keys, I have fallen into that trap before - Pushover is not the easiest to setup.

That config page looks slightly wrong, can you delete the

=Nothing

(leaving the phonename=Nothing lines) line and then save the file, then try in the event.

Comment

the top key is my phone, not my wifes
        reference it to her

what should it look like w/ 2 clients ??
        Attached Files

Comment

the top key is my phone, not my wifes
          reference it to her

what should it look like w/ 2 clients ??
          gearydroid=Nothing
          sallydroid=Nothing

I am not sure where that middle line (=Nothing) has come from or why it is there, it may be confusing things so delete that first.

Comment

wife disappeared... now shows her key, my name
            can I manually enter info ?

Comment

wife disappeared... now shows her key, my name
              can I manually enter info ?
              I am not sure what really is happening, can you double check your ini file looks like this, if not add it;

[Clients]
              sallydroid=Nothing
              gearydroid=Nothing

Save the file, restart the plugin and then try again see what happens.

Comment

see two posts above.. ini is full of stuff RD: Keys etc

Comment

see two posts above.. ini is full of stuff RD: Keys etc
                  I just mean the clients section, your file should look like

[Settings]
                  usrKey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                  eInterval=60
                  eExpiry=300
                  [Clients]
                  gearydroid=Nothing
                  sallydroid=Nothing
                  [APITokens]
                  Test HS3=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Save it, restart the plugin and try again.

Comment

usr key... I have two, one for each myself and wife
                    this must be where I AM CONFUSED

Comment

OK, Here is what I did
                      create 2 pushover acct's, one for me, one for wife
                      got 2 keys
                      set up app
                      for geary.... worked
                      tryed to set for sally.. here I am

Comment

Providing you have not changed your user keys or application key then I have sent you a config file by email, please disable the plugin, replace the PushoverConf.ini file with the one I sent you and then restart the plugin. Try again in the event action to see whether you have two clients in the drop down and see what happens when you try and send a message.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                          Go into the config page in the plugin, put in a device name for your wife and put in her device key, press add device. When you go into your event actions you should have your wife in the drop down devices list, all clients should send to both.
                          how do i tie the app to both acct's or do I just recreate it twice

Comment

how do i tie the app to both acct's or do I just recreate it twice
                            I have replied to your email.

Comment

I have some setup-related questions. I need to send HS3 notifications to me and
                              my wife. Some notifications would go to both of us, and some will only go to just one of us. I created a user key for myself, and I also created a device for my iPhone. Finally, I created an API token for HomeSeer. Then, I created another account/user key for my wife. I also added a device for her iPhone.

What I'm not sure about is whether or not I should create an API token for her account. Should she reuse the API token that I created for my account? While I was logged into my wife's pushover.net account, I couldn't see how she can reuse the API token that I created when I was logged into my account. Or, does she need her own API token?

When I setup the pushover plug-in, would I be able enter both user keys (I think so based on other posts in this forum).

Do I need to enter two API tokens (one for myself and one for my wife's), assuming that I can add two? Or do I just enter my own API token?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by randman View Post
                                I have some setup-related questions. I need to send HS3 notifications to me and
                                my wife. Some notifications would go to both of us, and some will only go to just one of us. I created a user key for myself, and I also created a device for my iPhone. Finally, I created an API token for HomeSeer. Then, I created another account/user key for my wife. I also added a device for her iPhone.

What I'm not sure about is whether or not I should create an API token for her account. Should she reuse the API token that I created for my account? While I was logged into my wife's pushover.net account, I couldn't see how she can reuse the API token that I created when I was logged into my account. Or, does she need her own API token?

When I setup the pushover plug-in, would I be able enter both user keys (I think so based on other posts in this forum).

Do I need to enter two API tokens (one for myself and one for my wife's), assuming that I can add two? Or do I just enter my own API token?

Thanks.
                                Considering it is your wife and not a stranger then I would have both devices on one user account, this means that when you send to 'All Devices' then it will go to both of your devices and any others, sending to specific devices works just fine. To do this create one application on the Pushover website, install the client on both phones and then using your login details login to the client on both devices. They should both then appear in the 'Your Devices' section in the Pushover dashboard.

Unless you make it public then I don't think you can have two user accounts talking to one private application - I don't know though as I still find the whole setup confusing myself, not helped by the fact that I could've really created the plugin a little differently.

Talking to two user accounts could also be handled by setting up a delivery group however from going back through the API documentation I am not sure that I handle this correctly in the plugin and not sure I can handle it right without making some fairly large changes which I don't really have the time for unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                                X