HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

The pushover plugin was running OK on HS2 and HS3 for a long time.
    Today it stopped on HS3, on HS2 it's still running.
    I didn't change anything.

On HS3 I gat the message:

Jul-06 14:39:51 Pushover 3P WebException Error: Die Verbindung mit dem Remoteserver kann nicht hergestellt werden.
    Where is the issue ?
    I disabled and re-enabled the plugin but always the same.

Best regards,
    Fischi

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
      Considering it is your wife and not a stranger then I would have both devices on one user account, this means that when you send to 'All Devices' then it will go to both of your devices and any others, sending to specific devices works just fine. To do this create one application on the Pushover website, install the client on both phones and then using your login details login to the client on both devices. They should both then appear in the 'Your Devices' section in the Pushover dashboard.

Unless you make it public then I don't think you can have two user accounts talking to one private application - I don't know though as I still find the whole setup confusing myself, not helped by the fact that I could've really created the plugin a little differently.

Talking to two user accounts could also be handled by setting up a delivery group however from going back through the API documentation I am not sure that I handle this correctly in the plugin and not sure I can handle it right without making some fairly large changes which I don't really have the time for unfortunately.
      Okay. Two devices sounds good. Thanks!!!

Comment

Hi,

here an addition to post#286:

Jul-06 20:35:31 Pushover 3P
        I have upgraded to 0.0.0.12 but no luck.

Regards, Fischi
        Last edited by Fischi; July 6, 2015, 01:32 PM. Reason: failure

Comment

Originally posted by Fischi View Post
          Hi,

here an addition to post#286:

Jul-06 20:35:31 Pushover 3P
          I have upgraded to 0.0.0.12 but no luck.

Regards, Fischi
          The error 400 points to the application key being incorrect, the sound loading is only done with the application key. Please confirm whether the key is correct.

Comment

Last edited by Fischi; July 7, 2015, 01:16 AM. Reason: added something

Comment

Do the names of your devices in the HS plugin exactly match that of your devices in the Pushover dashboard? I did advise to be careful with the .15 version as I had not done enough testing with it and still have unfortunately not got around to it (perhaps this week) - I don't know how sensitive Pushover is with regard to case issues, it could be that if you have ipad it is fine but 'Android Handy' could be being sent as 'android handy' (I had to do this because of some event issues) and giving that error.

Comment

Hi mrhappy,
                Yes, the names of my devices in the HS plugin match exactly that of my devices in the Pushover dashboard.

I have made a test and created a delivery group "handy" in the Pushover dashboard
                and added only one device to this group: my android handy.
                If I run my Pushover HS3 event and choose this group "handy" containing my android handy it runs perfect.
                Otherwise only "All devices" runs OK.

My HS2 Pushover events all are running fine, also if I enter only one device
                eg. my android handy.

Regards,
                Fischi

Comment

Can you please try this version, I still think there is something odd with the case of the devices and this was meant to be tested, can you stop your plugin, copy this version over and then open your PushoverConf.ini file. I am interested in this file that you have your devices listed and whether or not they are named correctly. Restart the plugin if they match correctly with what is in the Pushover screen.

Then please try and send a message to your specific devices, if they still returning error 400 then please email me as I will need to look a bit closer at your setup and will hopefully find out why.
                  Last edited by mrhappy; August 2, 2015, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Hi mrhappy,

I've tried your new version, but the different devices show error 400 again.

I've looked into my config. here the content:

[Settings]
                    UsrKey='here is the CORRECT user key'
                    eInterval=60
                    eExpiry=300
                    [Clients]
                    ipad=Nothing
                    pcwerkstatt=Nothing
                    volkerhandy=Nothing
                    handy='here is the CORRECT group key'
                    [APITokens]
                    HomeSeer='here is the CORRECT API/token key'
                    Opensprinkler='here is the CORRECT API/token key

As i said, the group "handy" and "all devices" run OK but if I run
                    "ipad", "pcwerkstatt" or "volkerhandy" the issue (error 400) occurs.
                    The device names match exactly the names at the Pushover dashboard.
                    Hope we will find the issue.

Best regards,
                    Fischi

Last edited by Fischi; July 10, 2015, 02:58 AM. Reason: added something

Comment

Originally posted by Fischi View Post
                      Hi mrhappy,

I've tried your new version, but the different devices show error 400 again.

I've looked into my config. here the content:

[Settings]
                      UsrKey='here is the CORRECT user key'
                      eInterval=60
                      eExpiry=300
                      [Clients]
                      ipad=Nothing
                      pcwerkstatt=Nothing
                      volkerhandy=Nothing
                      handy='here is the CORRECT group key'
                      [APITokens]
                      HomeSeer='here is the CORRECT API/token key'
                      Opensprinkler='here is the CORRECT API/token key

As i said, the group "handy" and "all devices" run OK but if I run
                      "ipad", "pcwerkstatt" or "volkerhandy" the issue (error 400) occurs.
                      The device names match exactly the names at the Pushover dashboard.
                      Hope we will find the issue.

Best regards,
                      Fischi

I've replied to your email as I need to take a look at some of the debug entries and I can hopefully get it working.

Comment

Newline character with HTML formatting

mrhappy,

I have noticed that using the newline character "\n" does not seem to work properly when the message has HTML formatting. It seems that the newlines are stripped out and added to the end of the message.

Could you please test this out? Do you think this is an issue with the plugin or with the Pushover app (this is on iOS)?

Comment

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post
                          mrhappy,

I have noticed that using the newline character "\n" does not seem to work properly when the message has HTML formatting. It seems that the newlines are stripped out and added to the end of the message.

Could you please test this out? Do you think this is an issue with the plugin or with the Pushover app (this is on iOS)?
                          I will have to do some digging and see what I find out, on my iPad if I send a message with multiline and HTML with the Pushover application open then for a brief second in the app I get the multiline and then it tries to parse the HTML and turns it back into a single line. As I see this then my guess is that it is an app issue rather than a plugin issue, even so I will double check and if I find it is an app issue I will let Pushover know and see what they say...

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy
                            for a brief second in the app I get the multiline and then it tries to parse the HTML and turns it back into a single line.
                            I just tried the same test and saw the same thing on my iPhone...the multiline formatting is correct for a very brief moment before the HTML formatting is applied, and then the line breaks are removed when the HTML is applied.

So this appears to be an app issue...

if I find it is an app issue I will let Pushover know and see what they say...
                            Great, thanks for looking into it.

Comment

Here is a new version wondering if someone can try, if there are no issues then it can be the latest version, these are the changes;

1) Application validation - when you add an application to the Pushover configuration page it will make an attempt to contact Pushover to validate that application to show that you have entered your keys correctly. I do not add the devices to the plugin automatically, you will have to do that yourself. Leave this alone if your plugin works, it is only really to help new users very slightly.

2) Logging - It is problematic to really capture the Pushover log which can be used for debug purposes. If I need to see the log then you can create a directory in the HS logs directory called Pushover and then it will create a Pushover.log file there. If you delete the folder it stops the logging, use this sparingly and don't just leave it logging all the time.

3) Fix for device specific sending - It was a case issue that I think was my fault, if this version does not work then open your PushoverConf.ini file and double check the case is right in the devices under the [Clients] key. It has to match those in the Pushover dashboard.

4) UI improvements - I have tidied up the event actions a bit to make them look a little nicer and easier to understand.

5) Fix for sending new lines in HTML formatted messages - if you wish to send both a new line and some HTML formatting in a message then please send \n as the new line character. A HTML < br > will work also however I do not recommend it as it may cause formatting issues in the UI.

If there are no issues I will post it to the top post - here it is - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5D...ew?usp=sharing
                              Last edited by mrhappy; November 17, 2015, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post
                                I just tried the same test and saw the same thing on my iPhone...the multiline formatting is correct for a very brief moment before the HTML formatting is applied, and then the line breaks are removed when the HTML is applied.

So this appears to be an app issue...

Great, thanks for looking into it.
                                I have fixed it in the new version posted above, Pushover recommend replacing the \n with a < br > which seems to work and I have done it automatically so any messages containing \n with HTML in them will have the \n converted automatically.

Comment

Working...
                                X