X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ow ok , i understand now .
    it was just a question , i wanted to test something
    thanks for the reply

what plugin are you using to enable/disable the events ?on the second screeenshot, i do that with an script . because i dont have that option in HS , even not the option to trigger from th HS log.

im using .208
    Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
    Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Originally posted by Malosa View Post
      ow ok , i understand now .
      it was just a question , i wanted to test something
      thanks for the reply

what plugin are you using to enable/disable the events ?on the second screeenshot, i do that with an script . because i dont have that option in HS , even not the option to trigger from th HS log.

im using .208
      I wrote a plugin to do this, it's not part of HS. It does a lot of little functions like enabling/disabling events, writing to the log, writing to text files, triggering when HSTouch clients connect, trigger when HS starts up, launch application with admin privileges all sorts. Script commands in HS events drive me crazy with how untidy they look.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
        Another parameter I named that does not relate to the names Pushover give them, sometimes I wonder why I do these things to myself! The value is the same as the config page says, set at an arbitrary 60 seconds I just picked but you can set it to what you want.

I'll see how feasible it is to add some ability to change those values per message (if you so wish), I'm very guarded by making massive changes to the UI sometimes as I really don't want to mess peoples existing actions up if they have tens of messages already saved in event actions.
        No, one parameter is fine. Keeping the event structure simple is better.

I got what I wanted working. I have an emergency message based upon a specific log message that will restart the HS3 server if I acknowledge receipt within the time limit. Using global variable's from UltraLog I get the log message in the Pushover so I can see the exact error. Since there is no way to know what message is getting the acknowledgement I wanted to make sure it expired within a short enough period so I could prevent another acknowledgement from rebooting the machine. I only have the one emergency message, but I can envision using it more.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

yes thats true they look terrible , but i get used to it ,
          thanks for reply

I wrote a plugin to do this, it's not part of HS. It does a lot of little functions like enabling/disabling events, writing to the log, writing to text files, triggering when HSTouch clients connect, trigger when HS starts up, launch application with admin privileges all sorts. Script commands in HS events drive me crazy with how untidy they look.
          Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
          Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

The genesis of my wanting to play with message acknowledgement was a one off occurrence of my Z-Net failing to connect to HomeSeer for reasons unknown. It was not connected for several hours. A restart of HomeSeer solved it, probably disabling and enabling the plug-in would have worked.

This was just a proof of concept experiment but it works as designed. In the future a I may have other events that contain a Pushover Emergency message acknowledgement as part of the decision tree. I will just add those devices and conditional events to the Acknowledgement and Expiration events.

I am going to handle mine with virtual devices. When I send out an emergency message with a specific action planned on acknowledgement, I will set the virtual device for that function. I will turn the virtual devices off upon expiration or perform the action if the acknowledgement is received before expiration.

I currently have three virtual devices for the testing phase, but the device "Pushover Message Acknowledged" is likely unnecessary. The "Pushover Acknowledgement Pending" is only for redundancy. I want to make doubly sure that I don't accidentally trigger the wrong action with an acknowledgement. There is a cleanup event to turn that device off after 5 minutes, regardless of pushover triggers. I will likely take it out of the event after I am finished working out the structure

The first event is triggered by UltraLog looking for a specific error type of Z-Wave Error and with the word "interface" in the log message. The event sends me a Pushover message with the log message and sets up the virtual devices.

If I acknowledge the message the second event runs. In it I will link to other conditional events with specific virtual devices as conditions. It also clears the Acknowledgement Pending and toggles the Message Acknowledged (for testing).

The third event is the message expiration event which will clear any associated virtual devices.

The fourth event is the reboot event, which will run only if the virtual devices Acknowledgement Pending and Reboot Requested are ON. Then it turns the Reboot Requested OFF, shuts down HomeSeer and restarts the server.
            Attached Files

Comment

The other option may be to play about with the supplementary URL's, you might be able to send a supplementary URL with a URL inside that triggered an event in HS (would need to check re authentication & URL) if you clicked on the link.

Comment

The other option may be to play about with the supplementary URL's, you might be able to send a supplementary URL with a URL inside that triggered an event in HS (would need to check re authentication & URL) if you clicked on the link.
                That's next on the list. I already use supplementary URLs in some messages. The HomeSeer authentication was what stopped me from trying to trigger an event remotely via URL. I'm still learning.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                  That's next on the list. I already use supplementary URLs in some messages. The HomeSeer authentication was what stopped me from trying to trigger an event remotely via URL. I'm still learning.
                  If you went for the JSON API and already use MyHS you could pass the authentication into HS by using something like this;

Code:
                  https://connected.homeseer.com/JSON?user=demo@homeseer.com&pass=demo100&request=runevent&id=EVENT_ID
                  Which should do the job, or you could control a device directly...not sure how you feel about the password/username in there though.

Comment

If you went for the JSON API and already use MyHS you could pass the authentication into HS by using something like this;

Code:
                    https://connected.homeseer.com/JSON?user=demo@homeseer.com&pass=demo100&request=runevent&id=EVENT_ID
                    Which should do the job, or you could control a device directly...not sure how you feel about the password/username in there though.
                    I don't use MyHS.com. Even if I could, I wouldn't want to pass the username and password to my server on a non-secure connection to my external IP.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                      I don't use MyHS.com. Even if I could, I wouldn't want to pass the username and password to my server on a non-secure connection to my external IP.
                      I completely agree and something I was just thinking about in terms of how secure that approach is. It appears that it is a SSL connection to the JSON API, that username/password is going through the Pushover server which again is SSL protected. I don't really know that much in depth about those sorts of things, it may be that that is an entirely secure solution but the username/password is still printed in the event actions.

Comment

Hi all,

Just trying to get this plugin up and running. In the config I'm trying to configure the "Pushover Applications".
                        I've created an application, entered the Name and API Key, when I click "Add Application" I get the error below

Code:
                        Application FAILED to validate with Pushover...
                        The HS log shows
                        Code:
                        Dec-10 1:36:57 PM	 	Pushover 3P	data: txtAppName=SendMessage&txtAppKey=MY_REAL_API_KEY&btnAddAp=Submit
                        Dec-10 1:36:59 PM	 	Pushover 3P	WebException Error: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
                        Dec-10 1:36:59 PM	 	Pushover 3P	Application Verification Failed
                        Appreciate any help.

Comment

Originally posted by Megaman View Post
                          Hi all,

Just trying to get this plugin up and running. In the config I'm trying to configure the "Pushover Applications".
                          I've created an application, entered the Name and API Key, when I click "Add Application" I get the error below

Code:
                          Application FAILED to validate with Pushover...
                          The HS log shows
                          Code:
                          Dec-10 1:36:57 PM	 	Pushover 3P	data: txtAppName=SendMessage&txtAppKey=MY_REAL_API_KEY&btnAddAp=Submit
                          Dec-10 1:36:59 PM	 	Pushover 3P	WebException Error: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
                          Dec-10 1:36:59 PM	 	Pushover 3P	Application Verification Failed
                          Appreciate any help.
                          Can you check that your user key is correct? When I make the call to verify the application I have to send the user key and application key. It will also only return valid if you have at least one device setup in Pushover - do you have any devices added to your Pushover account?

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I have one device listed but it's expired. I'll add another device and try again.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Comment

Got it working now thank you!
                              Is there any way to get the value of a another HS device in the message body?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Megaman View Post
                                Got it working now thank you!
                                Is there any way to get the value of a another HS device in the message body?

Cheers
                                Good to hear thanks, the message body/title supports HS replacement variables so put as many as you want in there if you wish to send the value/status of a HS device.

Comment

Working...
                                X