No announcement yet.

HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what happens when you're up at 3am, trying to get work done and stroll the hs forum for a break ... yup, I forgot I need to be in HS directory.

Will install it after I get some sleep.

thanks!
    Tom
    baby steps...starting again with HS3
    HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
    HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
    Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
    In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
    System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

I finally got around to installing this on my HS3 SEL box.

One word -- AWESOME!

Seriously, I would've easily paid $25 for this plug-in. You definitely need to consider charging for this.

Works like a charm. I think the only recommendation I would make is that it doesn't show up in the drop-down menu of plugins, but rather I have to click manage, and then the plug-in name, which is a bit different than other plug-ins.

But, seriously, great work. I have a lot of events that send texts via clickatell, and am going to move them over to pushover.

Comment

Originally posted by mikedr View Post

One word -- AWESOME!

Seriously, I would've easily paid $25 for this plug-in. You definitely need to consider charging for this.

Works like a charm. I think the only recommendation I would make is that it doesn't show up in the drop-down menu of plugins, but rather I have to click manage, and then the plug-in name, which is a bit different than other plug-ins.

But, seriously, great work. I have a lot of events that send texts via clickatell, and am going to move them over to pushover.
        Thanks for the feedback, no plans to charge anything anytime soon and I think I am about two years late even if I did want to.

The drop down vs. a config link is something that I changed a while back, it did used to be in the drop down however it came up for users that were logged in under any access level - you might not want normal users getting into these settings. As a quick fix I just put it as a config link because only admin users will get to that page. I'll change it back next version because I've now figured out the integer values to determine what access level is getting to the page. I think the config link was more prevalent in HS2 and not many people use it in HS3.

Comment

Originally posted by mikedr View Post

One word -- AWESOME!

It really is. I installed in hs2 and immediately noticed the difference in speed between push and email( at least for me). After that it became my default hs3 to me communication method.

Adam I would still, as would others I believe, donate $ for this great work!!

Sent from my iPhone
          Tom

Comment

Is there a way to trigger a specific event with the acknowledge response from a emergency notification? For example if I had more then one event that has the acknowledge trigger, how can I specify a specific event?
            Hector
            MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
              It really is. I installed in hs2 and immediately noticed the difference in speed between push and email( at least for me). After that it became my default hs3 to me communication method.

Adam I would still, as would others I believe, donate $ for this great work!!

Sent from my iPhone
              I've been playing around with the speed. I subscribe to clickatell (soon will stop this), and set up a manual event where HS3 first sends a text message via calling clickatell's http POST interface, and then sends a pushover message. The pushover message always arrives first. Sometimes a couple of seconds before. Not that big of a deal in the scheme of things, but it's faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                Is there a way to trigger a specific event with the acknowledge response from a emergency notification? For example if I had more then one event that has the acknowledge trigger, how can I specify a specific event?
                You can't - it is explained somewhere in this thread but basically the return from Pushover does contain the original message so I would have to store all outgoing messages. I don't want to do this and as such the trigger will be generic, the timer starts when you last fire an emergency event so in principle it will most likely be the last one triggered (unless you are sending multiple emergencies to different applications).

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                  Here is how I did it. I set up a framework that would support future expansion. The first thing I did was to create a virtual device that would control what occurs when a pushover acknowledgement is received. I created 4 functions, but it can be expanded in the future. The images used for the device are completely useless, since it is not to be controlled manually, but who knows what the future will bring.

Then I created a set of events that would trigger a Pushover Emergency message. First I created a counter and a timer for Z-Net errors, then a set of events that would control the timer and increment the counter. The first increments the counter and makes sure the timer is running whenever there is a specific error logged.

The second is a cleanup to reset the timer and counter if the error count was minimal within 10 minutes.

The third is an event that sends an Emergency Pushover message and sets up the function that I want to occur when the message is acknowledged.

Then there is a series of events that are triggered by a Pushover Emergency acknowledgement.
                  • The first event is triggered by the Pushover Emergency message acknowledgement. It then runs 4 events, with each of them running only if the conditions are true
                  • The next 4 are the events, each one is allowed to run only if the virtual device is the correct value
                  • The last event is to clear the Acknowledgement Pending device if the acknowledgement time limit expires

Finally I added a reset to the Acknowledgement Pending device any time HomeSeer is started. This event runs whenever HomeSeer starts up.

The above is just an example of how I restart the Z-Net interface if there excessive errors within a specific period of time. I built it due to a malfunction that occurred only twice and since I built the events it has not recurred.

The framework can be used for every Pushover Emergency message acknowledgement. You just need to set up the function when the message is sent and have a specific event for that function.
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Super cool.
                    Good inspiration on how to work with ackn.
                    Best,
                    Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

Thank you Randy, great write up👍🏽
                      Hector
                      MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Jakob.Sand View Post
                        Super cool.
                        Good inspiration on how to work with ackn.
                        It should give you a basic foundation to build upon. By using a single device with multiple values, it prevents you from doing more than one action on acknowledgement - the most recent, but it leaves you room to add as many functions as you need just by adding values to the device and events that use the new values as conditions.

Comment

Randy, it is incredible how you think up these multi level interwoven events ! I'm blown away how you methodically solve problems with events. Excellent!!!

Sent from my iPhone
                          Tom

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
                            Randy, it is incredible how you think up these multi level interwoven events ! I'm blown away how you methodically solve problems with events. Excellent!!!
                            +1 !!!

I've only learned about Pushover recently and didn't think it could be used for 2-ways communication between HS3 <-> mobile device. Incredible!
                            HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Originally posted by LeoS View Post
                              +1 !!!

I've only learned about Pushover recently and didn't think it could be used for 2-ways communication between HS3 <-> mobile device. Incredible!
                              Here are some screenshots from the iOS version. You can also include a URL and title in the message (also can now be done with HTML tags in the message), in this case it will take me to my HomeSeer web interface. Tap on Acknowledge Notification to send the acknowledgement back to HS. I accidentally wrote three minutes in this test message, my current expiration is at 5 minutes. It can be set in the plug-in configuration.

Emergency messages are a different color and will nag you at a set interval until they expire.

Once the expiration time limit has passed, you no longer have the option to acknowledge the message.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                                Here are some screenshots from the iOS version.
                                Very cool, thanks Randy (and mrhappy of course!).
                                Installing it right away
                                HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X