No announcement yet.

HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at the API I don't have the ability to do that unfortunately it looks to be an option you set manually in the settings.

Comment

Originally posted by jjsmd View Post
      HiI am using this excellent plugin to send me an image of my doorbell webcam everytime someone comes to my front door.
      I would love to have this if you have the time to do a short write up or instructions for a novice like myself.

Comment

If you use zwave, you could use a binary sensor.
        I use the schematic on this (dutch) site:

http://www.robbshop.nl/over-z-wave/z...z-wave-deurbel

It works perfectly with HS, although I had to make a slight change in the device setting through parameters in HS (switch normal open/close)

Comment

Maybe I missed it in the 20 pages here, but how do I send different notifications of each of my devices?

When I added more then one device on Pushover it shows the same key.

using that key sends it to all devices even if in events I select only the name of the device I want. Is this normal or am I missing something? Seem the API key allows a Device=XXXXX string to separate out devices.

Want mine and my wifes phone to receive different notifications.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
            Maybe I missed it in the 20 pages here, but how do I send different notifications of each of my devices?

When I added more then one device on Pushover it shows the same key.

using that key sends it to all devices even if in events I select only the name of the device I want. Is this normal or am I missing something? Seem the API key allows a Device=XXXXX string to separate out devices.

Want mine and my wifes phone to receive different notifications.
            You do it on the www.pushover.net website by setting up delivery groups. Just click on "Create a Group" and follow the instructions. I just set up one group for myself. I use that group for messages I don't want to bother my wife with. The ones that are to go to her are sent to all clients. Once the group(s) are created copy the the key(s) and group name(s) from the website and add them to the pushover plug-in configuration. The group keys will be different than the application key.

It is all in the documentation (attached).
            Attached Files
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
              You do it on the www.pushover.net website by setting up delivery groups. Just click on "Create a Group" and follow the instructions. I just set up one group for myself. I use that group for messages I don't want to bother my wife with. The ones that are to go to her are sent to all clients. Once the group(s) are created copy the the key(s) and group name(s) from the website and add them to the pushover plug-in configuration. The group keys will be different than the application key.

It is all in the documentation (attached).
              It's so easy when you follow directions...... I got it thanks!

Comment

Basic question about finding / enabling plugin

Apologies for the very basic question.
                I have placed HSPI_PUSHOVER.exe into the /home/homeseer folder. Even after restarting HS, I don't see anything in the Plugs-Ins drop down relating to Pushover.

I have been poking around with Pushover and have even been successful with a curl command posted elsewhere on this forum, but now that I have found this plugin, I would love to use it. I haven't had to install/enable a plug in before, so forgive my simple question.

Comment

Realistically I should've allowed an option to send to multiple clients when it was first released however the SDK was still new and confusing to me (well it is still a little confusing). I'm working on adding a drop list so you can send to multiple clients however a delivery group is still a perfectly valid solution, I have to be careful not to break existing events so I will let you know how I get on.
                  Last edited by mrhappy; February 24, 2016, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Nevermind...

I believe I found my answer. I have the basic Zee S2 model, which evidently only allows certain plugins.

Originally posted by dssabo View Post
                    I have placed HSPI_PUSHOVER.exe into the /home/homeseer folder. Even after restarting HS, I don't see anything in the Plugs-Ins drop down relating to Pushover.

I have been poking around with Pushover and have even been successful with a curl command posted elsewhere on this forum, but now that I have found this plugin, I would love to use it. I haven't had to install/enable a plug in before, so forgive my simple question.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                      Realistically I should've allowed an option to send to multiple clients when it was first released however the SDK was still new and confusing to me (well it is still a little confusing). I'm working on adding a drop list so you can send to multiple clients however a delivery group is still a perfectly valid solution, I have to be careful not to break existing events so I will let you know how I get on.
                      It's all good I got it running but I thought maybe the string for "device name" would have been added in there.

Comment

Don't worry this isn't a standard install procedure.
                        I think id I remember right I had to manually run it (double click it) after dropping it in the folder for the first time on my windows machine.

Comment

I believe I found my answer. I have the basic Zee S2 model, which evidently only allows certain plugins.
                          The S2 version should work with it AFAIK (providing you have less than five plugins in total), the S1 version won't. If the plugin has been put in your main HS directory it should show up when you refresh the plugin interfaces page.

Comment

I read this yesterday which motivated me to review our Pushover messaging. I can see your solution as being a lot easier than delivery groups as the number of devices we have grows.

Hopefully you can figure it out.

Comment

Well this ended up more painful than I thought...I think I have managed to get it so it works and does not break any existing events but I would advocate some light testing. If anyone can confirm the attached works I would be most grateful...
                              Last edited by mrhappy; February 24, 2016, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Well this ended up more painful than I thought...I think I have managed to get it so it works and does not break any existing events but I would advocate some light testing. If anyone can confirm the attached works I would be most grateful...
                                The new version is no longer sending messages with the following log entries:

Feb-22 9:18:47 AM Pushover 3P WebException Error: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
                                Feb-22 9:18:47 AM Pushover 3P Web Client Busy Status: False
                                Feb-22 9:18:47 AM Pushover 3P Resending Pushover Message
                                Feb-22 9:17:06 AM Pushover 3P WebException Error: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
                                Feb-22 9:17:05 AM Pushover 3P Web Client Busy Status: False
                                Feb-22 9:16:33 AM Pushover 3P WebException Error: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
                                Feb-22 9:16:32 AM Pushover 3P Web Client Busy Status: False
                                Feb-22 9:16:28 AM Pushover 3P WebException Error: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
                                Feb-22 9:16:28 AM Pushover 3P Web Client Busy Status: False
                                Feb-22 9:10:49 AM Pushover 3P WebException Error: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
                                Feb-22 9:10:48 AM Pushover 3P Web Client Busy Status: False
                                Feb-22 9:10:48 AM Pushover 3P WebException Error: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.
                                Feb-22 9:10:47 AM Pushover 3P Web Client Busy Status: False

I will check all of the configuration keys and let you know if I find anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X