HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
    The withdrawl would likely be similar, it would make an attempt and if it worked then it would be the last message that the plugin sent and you would have to handle that somehow yourself.
    I certainly understand that it would get very complicated trying to track multiple messages for multiple users. I don't need anything complex, just the ability to cancel the last emergency message the plugin sent would be fine.

Thanks again for considering.

Comment

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post
      I certainly understand that it would get very complicated trying to track multiple messages for multiple users. I don't need anything complex, just the ability to cancel the last emergency message the plugin sent would be fine.

Thanks again for considering.
      Could you test this version for me please...seems to work for me at cancelling the emergency message but would like a tester before I released it. Thanks...
      Last edited by mrhappy; March 12, 2016, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Could you test this version for me please...seems to work for me at cancelling the emergency message but would like a tester before I released it. Thanks...
        Seems to work as planned. The last emergency message stops repeating when an event sends a cancel request.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
          Seems to work as planned. The last emergency message stops repeating when an event sends a cancel request.
          Thanks very much for testing, I'm just looking into whether I can add a flood control function easily to stop any situations of setting a trigger that can empty the application and if I can do this I'll release a version with that in also.

Comment

It does indeed cancel the alerts as expected. However, there seems to be a side effect that it triggers my events that have a "Emergency Message Expired" trigger. In the log I see an "Emergency Message Withdrawn" entry immediately followed by an "Emergency Message Expired" entry. Is it possible to make it not send the "Message Expired" trigger?

Comment

It does indeed cancel the alerts as expected. However, there seems to be a side effect that it triggers my events that have a "Emergency Message Expired" trigger. In the log I see an "Emergency Message Withdrawn" entry immediately followed by an "Emergency Message Expired" entry. Is it possible to make it not send the "Message Expired" trigger?
              Could you just try this version for me please? It should stop the timer that checks the expiry.
              Last edited by mrhappy; March 21, 2016, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Could you just try this version for me please? It should stop the timer that checks the expiry.
                It is still triggering events with "Message Expired" trigger. In the log, I see "Emergency Message Withdrawn - Stopping Timer", immediately followed by "Emergency Message Expired". The alerts do stop as expected.

Thanks for looking into this.

Comment

Hi Adam,

I have a feature request for the PU plugin. For the log entries it generates:

Code:
                  Pushover 3P	Pushover Notification Sent
                  Would it be possible to append the subject line of the PU message to the "Pushover Notification Sent" portion?

Thanks
                  Al
                  HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                  Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

It is still triggering events with "Message Expired" trigger. In the log, I see "Emergency Message Withdrawn - Stopping Timer", immediately followed by "Emergency Message Expired". The alerts do stop as expected.

Thanks for looking into this.
                    Could I get a screenshot of how your events are setup please, I have them setup like the attached image and if I withdraw the message then I don't get the expired event triggering which I think is what you are saying is happening for you?

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                    Hi Adam,

I have a feature request for the PU plugin. For the log entries it generates:

Code:
                    Pushover 3P	Pushover Notification Sent
                    Would it be possible to append the subject line of the PU message to the "Pushover Notification Sent" portion?

Thanks
                    Al
                    Yes of course not a problem at all to do this.
                    Last edited by mrhappy; March 21, 2016, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Could I get a screenshot of how your events are setup please, I have them setup like the attached image and if I withdraw the message then I don't get the expired event triggering which I think is what you are saying is happening for you?
                      Never mind on this I guess...

When I was testing yesterday, I did not shutdown HomeSeer when I replaced the HSPI_PUSHOVER.exe file; I just disabled the plugin, then re-enabled after replacing the file. I restarted HomeSeer today and now a "Withdraw" action is no longer triggering events with "Message Expired" triggers. So something weird was happening that was corrected by a HS3 restart.

Sorry for the false alarm. And thanks for implementing the withdraw feature.

Comment

Never mind on this I guess...

When I was testing yesterday, I did not shutdown HomeSeer when I replaced the HSPI_PUSHOVER.exe file; I just disabled the plugin, then re-enabled after replacing the file. I restarted HomeSeer today and now a "Withdraw" action is no longer triggering events with "Message Expired" triggers. So something weird was happening that was corrected by a HS3 restart.

Sorry for the false alarm. And thanks for implementing the withdraw feature.
                        No problems at all and glad it is now working for you.

Comment

Whats the official way to update this from an older working version to the new version? After I seemed to try the same as install under plugins I don't see this one listed, but if I go into manage I see Pushover 3P and can click it for setting, but the version in there still shows the old version 0.0.0.19 and I'm trying to upgrade to the latest .22 version.

I have tried both restarting the plugin and HS3.

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                            Whats the official way to update this from an older working version to the new version? After I seemed to try the same as install under plugins I don't see this one listed, but if I go into manage I see Pushover 3P and can click it for setting, but the version in there still shows the old version 0.0.0.19 and I'm trying to upgrade to the latest .22 version.

I have tried both restarting the plugin and HS3.
                            Its a manual process so you need to download the plugin from the top post in this thread, stop the plugin, replace the hspi_pushover.exe exe and start it again and you should be up to date.

Comment

Its a manual process so you need to download the plugin from the top post in this thread, stop the plugin, replace the hspi_pushover.exe exe and start it again and you should be up to date.
                              After doing this and rebooting HS3 I was able to get it to update.

I still don't have it showing in the Plugin Dropdown tho. Do you know what would cause it to not be in the drop down menu anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                                After doing this and rebooting HS3 I was able to get it to update.

I still don't have it showing in the Plugin Dropdown tho. Do you know what would cause it to not be in the drop down menu anymore?
                                Something does not sound quite right here - does version 0.0.0.22 definitely now show in the interfaces page?

Comment

Working...
                                X