HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
    Something does not sound quite right here - does version 0.0.0.22 definitely now show in the interfaces page?
    My other sever doesn't have this problem but it was a new install not update.
    Attached Files

Comment

Cancel that after a browser close and reopen it's now there. Wasn't there before the update and never closed the window and reopened it.

Comment

Message Body question

HS3Pro 3.0.0.208 W10h PO.0022

Firstly just wanted to give you props for build 0022. It is nice to see PO in the Plugins Manager list. Thanks for that.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the Message Body was no longer required for a notification.
        If I omit the body of the message the text "Message To Send" is sent as the body. I tried an Alt-255 as a text string but PO did not like that.

I am crossing my fingers that we will be able to have a more compact notification without the body message displayed.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitar View Post
          HS3Pro 3.0.0.208 W10h PO.0022

Firstly just wanted to give you props for build 0022. It is nice to see PO in the Plugins Manager list. Thanks for that.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the Message Body was no longer required for a notification.
          If I omit the body of the message the text "Message To Send" is sent as the body. I tried an Alt-255 as a text string but PO did not like that.

I am crossing my fingers that we will be able to have a more compact notification without the body message displayed.
          I am afraid the message body is always required, the message title is optional but the body is always going to need to be something. You can always experiment with the message sending box on the Pushover website to see if you can trick it into sending with some sort of blank character but I imagine that there is something on the pushover side that also blocks it.

Comment

Unknown Exception in Pushmessage: Object reference not set to an instance of an objec

I read this Pushover thread with envy, everyone seems to have it working good. Except me

I believe I have everything configured correctly, The plugin has worked and sent 1 message to my phone before (using Wi-Fi).

Enabling the plugin shows it downloading 22 sounds etc, No Errors.

But when I try and send a message I get

Unknown Exception in Pushmessage: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Tried restarting, re enabling, rebooting etc.

What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by BeePee View Post
              I read this Pushover thread with envy, everyone seems to have it working good. Except me

I believe I have everything configured correctly, The plugin has worked and sent 1 message to my phone before (using Wi-Fi).

Enabling the plugin shows it downloading 22 sounds etc, No Errors.

But when I try and send a message I get

Unknown Exception in Pushmessage: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Tried restarting, re enabling, rebooting etc.

What am I doing wrong?
              Would you be able to PM me with the contents of your PushoverConf.ini file (in the Config directory inside the main HS directory), I can see if there is anything wrong in there which is likely the issue.

Comment

FIXED

Fixed this issue, I found although the documentation suggested the second last item in the config was optional, I was able to get mine working by adding my iphone name (name I called the device in pushover registration) to the config file and then selecting it in the event list.

last line in the config.ini should look like

MYdevice=Nothing

Mydevice being the name you used if any during the pushover registration.

Thanks for your time.

Comment

Originally posted by BeePee View Post
                  Fixed this issue, I found although the documentation suggested the second last item in the config was optional, I was able to get mine working by adding my iphone name (name I called the device in pushover registration) to the config file and then selecting it in the event list.

last line in the config.ini should look like

MYdevice=Nothing

Mydevice being the name you used if any during the pushover registration.

Thanks for your time.
                  It should work with no devices added in that section (it would give you the option to send to all clients only), it is advisable however to put your devices in there. As I have recently made some changes here I will double check this as I may have caused a bug if you have no devices. Glad you have it working...

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for a great plugin.

I have been trying to figure out how I can include a timers value in a Pushover message. I have a timer setup to monitor how long a garage door is open and I would like to be able to receive a pushover message with a body of, The Garage door has been open for xx minutes, where xx is the timers value.

Comment

Originally posted by jpape View Post
                      Hi,

Thanks for a great plugin.

I have been trying to figure out how I can include a timers value in a Pushover message. I have a timer setup to monitor how long a garage door is open and I would like to be able to receive a pushover message with a body of, The Garage door has been open for xx minutes, where xx is the timers value.
                      You can use a replacement variable: $$TIMER:name:

See http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer..._variables.htm.

I believe this will return the number of seconds though, so you may want to do this in a script so you can convert to minutes.

Cheers
                      Al
                      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                        You can use a replacement variable: $$TIMER:name:

See http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer..._variables.htm.

I believe this will return the number of seconds though, so you may want to do this in a script so you can convert to minutes.

Cheers
                        Al
                        Thanks Al,

That worked and it actually gives the format of 00:00:30:00 for 30 seconds. which is okay for my usage.

Comment

Hey
                          i did something else that worked better for me. i use this for the water heater (boiler) push notifications
                          i have 2 timers: Boiler on time and boiler off time.

and 2 virtual devices with the same names.

i created 2 events.
                          IF boiler (acctual device) has been turned ON
                          then
                          START boiler on time
                          STOP boiler Off time

IF boiler (acctual device) has been turned OFF
                          then
                          START boiler Off time
                          STOP boiler On time

in addition when i turn the boiler on, i run the boiler_time.vb script:

Sub Main(Parm As Object)

hs.SetDeviceStringByName("Boiler On Timer",hs.TimerValue("Boiler Timer On").Hours() & " Hours" & " &" & hs.TimerValue("Boiler Timer ON").Minutes() & " Minutes" , True)
                          hs.SetDeviceStringByName("Boiler Off Timer",hs.TimerValue("Boiler Timer OFF").Days() & " Days" & " & " & hs.TimerValue("Boiler Timer OFF").Hours() & " Hours" & " & " & hs.TimerValue("Boiler Timer OFF").Minutes() & " Minutes", True)

hs.WriteLog("Message", "Boiler Has Been On For: " & hs.TimerValue("Boiler Timer ON").Minutes() & " Minutes")
                          hs.WriteLog("Message", "Boiler Has Been Off For: " & hs.TimerValue("Boiler Timer OFF").Hours() & " Hours" & " & " & hs.TimerValue("Boiler Timer OFF").Minutes() & " Minutes")

end sub

now that i have 2 virtual devices with the correct, easy to read, format.
                          now the push notification is this:
                          Push Message $$DSA:BoilerOn-V120: (this is the virtual device with the information from the script)
                          Last edited by ez1976; March 27, 2016, 01:49 AM. Reason: turned hebrew words to english

Comment

Multiple Pushover Accounts

So I'm running into a problem and need help with the best solution.

I have Homeseer at my house and have a pushover account for me an my wife and have delivery groups setup for us all working fine.

My Parents have Homeseer at their house and have the same thing going on over there for them. Also working fine.

Problem now is there is some alerts that we want to share between us and we have two seperate pushover accounts. Now this seemed to work just fine as I tested creating a delivery group in his Pushover with my ID and Device name. When I tested one user at a time it works, but then when I make an event and group My dad and myself it will only send him the notification and not me.

Anyone have any experience or know a work around for this?

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                              So I'm running into a problem and need help with the best solution.

I have Homeseer at my house and have a pushover account for me an my wife and have delivery groups setup for us all working fine.

My Parents have Homeseer at their house and have the same thing going on over there for them. Also working fine.

Problem now is there is some alerts that we want to share between us and we have two seperate pushover accounts. Now this seemed to work just fine as I tested creating a delivery group in his Pushover with my ID and Device name. When I tested one user at a time it works, but then when I make an event and group My dad and myself it will only send him the notification and not me.

Anyone have any experience or know a work around for this?
                              Whilst I support the groups they are not something I have ever used in reality. There could be a bug here so if no one else knows then drop me a PM and I can try and test it for you

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                                Whilst I support the groups they are not something I have ever used in reality. There could be a bug here so if no one else knows then drop me a PM and I can try and test it for you
                                Thanks I'm not so sure it's an issue on the plugin side. It looks like the plugin is tied to a single account and I'm trying to cross bread accounts here. Also as I stated the groups works fine if everyone in the house is using the same email or user account in pushover.

I can make separate events for different users to a temporary work around.

I have yet to experiment with one group with users from both accounts which may or may not also work. I guess I need to test more to find the real limits before I make requests, but was hoping someone else may have already did this or run into this issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X