Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown Exception in Pushmessage

Adam,

I've used your plugin in HS2 for quite some time without issue.
    Testing now on HS3, I'm getting the dreaded error:

Mar-30 5:52:48 PM Pushover 3P Unknown Exception in Pushmessage: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Mar-30 5:52:48 PM Event Event Trigger "Manual PushP Test"

I used my previous user key and created an application/key pair.

I'm currently running on 3.0.0.258 Windows.

I was wondering if you had a suggestion based on this info...

Thanks,

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
      Adam,

I've used your plugin in HS2 for quite some time without issue.
      Testing now on HS3, I'm getting the dreaded error:

Mar-30 5:52:48 PM Pushover 3P Unknown Exception in Pushmessage: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Mar-30 5:52:48 PM Event Event Trigger "Manual PushP Test"

I used my previous user key and created an application/key pair.

I'm currently running on 3.0.0.258 Windows.

I was wondering if you had a suggestion based on this info...

Thanks,

Robert
      There seems to a bug for new users but I have tried recreating it and can't seem to figure it out as it is too vague to figure it out. Can you just try restarting the plugin see whether that helps and if not please PM me a copy of the contents your PushoverConf.ini file, I think it is just the contents of that file that are a little muddled up.

Comment

Ok.. PM sent. Even after a restart I get the same thing.

I do get the sounds at least...
        Mar-31 9:47:49 PM Pushover 3P Attempting to produce a client/group list...

Mar-31 9:47:49 PM Pushover 3P Downloaded 22 sounds from Pushover - Adding Device Default

Mar-31 9:47:49 PM Pushover 3P Downloading sounds from Pushover

Thanks greatly!

Robert
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
          Hi Adam,

I have a feature request for the PU plugin. For the log entries it generates:

Code:
          Pushover 3P	Pushover Notification Sent
          Would it be possible to append the subject line of the PU message to the "Pushover Notification Sent" portion?

Thanks
          Al
          Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
          Yes of course not a problem at all to do this.
          Hi Adam, was this incorporated in the last version? Looking at the release notes, it looks like it might have been, but the logging on my system is still the same with 0.0.0.22. I've restarted the plugin and HS since updating.

Thanks
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Adam,

I have created a few new pushover messages a few weeks ago, which will trigger whenever a bridge update for my plugin becomes available.

In this period there is a update available for me, and I am getting a message that is not very helpfull. At the end, the message is sent and arrives normally, but I think I should let you know:

Code:
            apr-11 11:19:29	 	Pushover 3P	Pushover Notification Sent
            apr-11 11:19:28	 	Event	Event Trigger "Onderhoud Bridge update"
            apr-11 11:19:28	 	JowiHue	For more information about this update go To
            [B]apr-11 11:19:24	 	Pushover 3P	Unknown Exception in Pushmessage: De objectverwijzing is niet op een exemplaar van een object ingesteld.[/B]
            apr-11 11:19:24	 	Event	Event Trigger "Onderhoud Bridge updated"
            apr-11 11:18:53	 	JowiHue	Curent software version = 01032318 Current API version = 1.**.0
            apr-11 11:18:53	 	JowiHue	The update affects sensors:2
            If you need more info or if I can do some tracking, let me know?

*edit* I tried and created new messages for this, but the error is persistant here.

Thanks,
            Attached Files
            Last edited by w.vuyk; April 11, 2016, 04:39 AM.
            -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Hi Adam, was this incorporated in the last version? Looking at the release notes, it looks like it might have been, but the logging on my system is still the same with 0.0.0.22. I've restarted the plugin and HS since updating.

Thanks
              Al
              Al - it should be there but I only log the message title into the log, I don't put the message body in because it could end up putting all sorts (including html) in the log. Do you by chance not send the message title?

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
              Adam,

I have created a few new pushover messages a few weeks ago, which will trigger whenever a bridge update for my plugin becomes available.

In this period there is a update available for me, and I am getting a message that is not very helpfull. At the end, the message is sent and arrives normally, but I think I should let you know:

Code:
              apr-11 11:19:29	 	Pushover 3P	Pushover Notification Sent
              apr-11 11:19:28	 	Event	Event Trigger "Onderhoud Bridge update"
              apr-11 11:19:28	 	JowiHue	For more information about this update go To
              [B]apr-11 11:19:24	 	Pushover 3P	Unknown Exception in Pushmessage: De objectverwijzing is niet op een exemplaar van een object ingesteld.[/B]
              apr-11 11:19:24	 	Event	Event Trigger "Onderhoud Bridge updated"
              apr-11 11:18:53	 	JowiHue	Curent software version = 01032318 Current API version = 1.**.0
              apr-11 11:18:53	 	JowiHue	The update affects sensors:2
              If you need more info or if I can do some tracking, let me know?

*edit* I tried and created new messages for this, but the error is persistant here.

Thanks,
              OK thanks - just to confirm the messages send OK but the error comes up? I believe it is something to do with the devices list and do want to sort it out as a couple of people are getting it.

Comment

Al - it should be there but I only log the message title into the log, I don't put the message body in because it could end up putting all sorts (including html) in the log. Do you by chance not send the message title?
                Hi Adam, I do send the message title for most of my messages, but they all just display:

Code:
                Apr-11 8:54:21 AM	 	Pushover 3P	Pushover Notification Sent
                Thanks
                Al

Comment

Hi Adam, I do send the message title for most of my messages, but they all just display:

Code:
                  Apr-11 8:54:21 AM	 	Pushover 3P	Pushover Notification Sent
                  Thanks
                  Al
                  I'll have a look and get back to you - I've managed to accidentally uninstall visual studio so I just need to get round to re-installing it and I'll let you know..

Comment

I'll have a look and get back to you - I've managed to accidentally uninstall visual studio so I just need to get round to re-installing it and I'll let you know..
                    Thanks!

Comment

Adam,

I just created a new event to emulate the error, and it generated the same error. Then I realised I did not select a phone to send the message to, and corrected that. That did remove the error.

Then I went back to the original event, the one I posted here before. I saw that I did select devices there (I received the message this afternoon..), so decided to trigger it again to see if the error would come back, but now also this event seems to run fine? Maybe this test did reset something?

Guess it got solved, with one find, an event setup without a group/device selected generates this vague error.

Wim
                      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                        Adam,

I just created a new event to emulate the error, and it generated the same error. Then I realised I did not select a phone to send the message to, and corrected that. That did remove the error.

Then I went back to the original event, the one I posted here before. I saw that I did select devices there (I received the message this afternoon..), so decided to trigger it again to see if the error would come back, but now also this event seems to run fine? Maybe this test did reset something?

Guess it got solved, with one find, an event setup without a group/device selected generates this vague error.

Wim
                        I'll do some more testing but this is what I tried to avoid when I made this change (and it should've really been in the plugin to start with) and thought I had tested this as much as I could but guess not. It is likely that the events are just sorting themselves out with the device names when you are opening them, messing with the drop list and pressing update to straighten things out in the event data - it may be that there is nothing visually up with the event.

Comment

Thanks!
                          I have posted version .22 back on the first post Al, I don't really want to increase the version no for such a small change but putting the message title in the log is now in there.

Comment

I have posted version .22 back on the first post Al, I don't really want to increase the version no for such a small change but putting the message title in the log is now in there.
                            Thanks very much Adam, works great!

Cheers
                            Al

Comment

Is it necessary to download the sounds on each HS restart? Could they not be saved to a folder and checked on startup? - Download if necessary.

HS3 start would be much faster and internet traffic reduced.

Food for thought...

Comment

Originally posted by BeePee View Post
                                Is it necessary to download the sounds on each HS restart? Could they not be saved to a folder and checked on startup? - Download if necessary.

HS3 start would be much faster and internet traffic reduced.

Food for thought...
                                Pushover advise they should be downloaded, it is also not the sounds that are downloaded rather just a list of the available sounds so it is a couple of K of an XML file. The startup sequence is also threaded so should not delay HS at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X