HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intermittent Pushover Notifications

I'm using the doorlock.vbs script combined with the Pushover plugin. I am seeing intermittent missing Pushover notifications. In fact, there are very, very few sent and it seems like they may work only after restarting HomeSeer. Is there a way to troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks,
    AJ

Comment

Originally posted by terafin View Post
      Thanks again for such an awesome plugin!

Is there a way to have the device name that triggered an event included in the push message?

I found this page: http://www.homeseer.com/support/home..._variables.htm

Those ones seem to work fantastically - however... I'd just love to see:
      <Door Name> was unlocked

(etc)

Thanks all
      I am afraid not and this is a limitation of HomeSeer as much as anything else. When you handle an action in a plugin you know nothing about the event at all (not even the event reference) so nothing is passed to it to then put in a message. I would imagine people are doing this either by having one event per message (and writing the door name manually) or setting a virtual device string when the event triggers and then putting the device string in the message body.

Originally posted by ajgyomber View Post
      I'm using the doorlock.vbs script combined with the Pushover plugin. I am seeing intermittent missing Pushover notifications. In fact, there are very, very few sent and it seems like they may work only after restarting HomeSeer. Is there a way to troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks,
      AJ
      I am afraid I don't know what might be causing this and first I have heard about anything similar. I guess that the first way would be to eliminate the plugin vs the script, when you notice it breaks the next time then check whether a message can be sent from an event. Also check the HS log and see whether or not you are getting any errors from the plugin.

Comment

A Request

hi adam ,

i have a request , is it possible to configure the emergency timeout for every event ? like i want that my first event when i don't get an acknowledge it times out in 5 minutes , but the second event needs to be active for 1 hour.

Regards
        Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
        Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Originally posted by Malosa View Post
          hi adam ,

i have a request , is it possible to configure the emergency timeout for every event ? like i want that my first event when i don't get an acknowledge it times out in 5 minutes , but the second event needs to be active for 1 hour.

Regards
          I can look at adding this but it may be difficult for me to do again because I do not want to break peoples events. I don't have a time that I can do it in but will look at it and if I can do it I will add it.

Comment

no problem , many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Malosa View Post
              no problem , many thanks
              Can you please try this version - I have added these functions:

1) Some custom replacement variables, I have seen your issue with the time replacement variable not being 24Hr and if you put the following into your messages they will be replaced much like a replacement variable is:

%ShortTime% - These are the system short time/long time/date - as set by your language settings
              %LongTime% - ""
              %ShortDate% - ""
              %LongDate% - ""
              %HSUptime% - Same as returned from the scripting call hs.uptime
              %HSWanIP% - Same as returned from the call hs.wanip

2) Ability to change emergency settings via event action - For the sake of ease I have done this by a third event action. If you have this before your emergency message to change the settings, then have an action to send the message then have the same action to change it back then this I think is less risky than doing it in the main action. In hindsight when you drop down the emergency action it should give two additional text boxes but I can't do that now. If you don't set the values back then they will remain in the plugin until the next time you change them.

This (if it works) will be version .23 - version moved to first post.
              Last edited by mrhappy; July 9, 2016, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Works perfect , i made 2 events like the screenshot , and the emergency messages works with my settings 1 goes at 1 minute and the second one at 2 minutes , so i get 2 messages from 1 minute and 1 from the 2 minute.

the variable all works here !

many many thanks ! this version is ok and it doesnt break anything

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                Can you please try this version - I have added these functions:

1) Some custom replacement variables, I have seen your issue with the time replacement variable not being 24Hr and if you put the following into your messages they will be replaced much like a replacement variable is:

%ShortTime% - These are the system short time/long time/date - as set by your language settings
                %LongTime% - ""
                %ShortDate% - ""
                %LongDate% - ""
                %HSUptime% - Same as returned from the scripting call hs.uptime
                %HSWanIP% - Same as returned from the call hs.wanip

2) Ability to change emergency settings via event action - For the sake of ease I have done this by a third event action. If you have this before your emergency message to change the settings, then have an action to send the message then have the same action to change it back then this I think is less risky than doing it in the main action. In hindsight when you drop down the emergency action it should give two additional text boxes but I can't do that now. If you don't set the values back then they will remain in the plugin until the next time you change them.

This (if it works) will be version .23
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for testing, I have put the new version in the first post.

Comment

I have added a new version to the first post, minor changes:

1) Flood Control - stop you creating bad HS events that can send repeated Pushover messages, set by default to disable itself if you send more than 100 messages over the space of a minute. Read the docs for some additional settings.

2) Updated Documentation - For the replacement variables/new flood control etc.

Comment

I have installed the plugin, entered the pushover user key and created a device. Thats all ok. Now I went on teh pushover website again, and created a Default application which I registered. I got the key, and now entered the key and application name in the Pushover applications in the plugin config page. When I press add application I get
                      Application FAILED to validate with Pushover...

In the logs I can see this:

Jul-11 21:33:00 Pushover 3P Application Verification Failed
                      Jul-11 21:33:00 Pushover 3P WebException Error: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
                        I have installed the plugin, entered the pushover user key and created a device. Thats all ok. Now I went on teh pushover website again, and created a Default application which I registered. I got the key, and now entered the key and application name in the Pushover applications in the plugin config page. When I press add application I get
                        Application FAILED to validate with Pushover...
                        Can you just double and triple check this and also restart the plugin, when I validate the application (or attempt to) I have to send everything. It also needs at least one device added to Pushover and installed/configured on your devices - can you confirm you have it installed on your Android/iPhone and can you send a test message successfully?

Comment

I can send a pushover message to my Android. I have restarted the plugin, and my Android has disappeared from the devices on the plugin config page. I have reentered it, and tried registering the application again, same result.
                          On teh pushover website, I can see my phone as well as the app listed in my account

Problem solved. It now has the same key for my Android and the user key on the website. They were different first. Now with teh same key for my Android and as user key it looks as if its working.

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
                            I can send a pushover message to my Android. I have restarted the plugin, and my Android has disappeared from the devices on the plugin config page. I have reentered it, and tried registering the application again, same result.
                            On teh pushover website, I can see my phone as well as the app listed in my account

Problem solved. It now has the same key for my Android and the user key on the website. They were different first. Now with teh same key for my Android and as user key it looks as if its working.
                            So just to confirm it all works OK now?

Comment

Yes done some more testing and everything seems fine now. It obviously needs the same key for everything except for the app. Little strange it first gave me different keys, but that was nothing to do with your plugin, that was the pushover website.
                              At least now I can start programming a few things and see if its worth paying for the full pushover app, but I think its probably a good replacement for the Vera Alerts app I used on Vera, which I really liked.

Comment

One thing I have just noticed. I set up a couple more devices on my account yesterday (Android tablets). They showed up on my Pushover client on my phone, I had messages that new clients had been added. I have set up a few events now to send Pushover messages, but noticed when trying to select the clients to send it to in my event only my phone shows up, not the 2 newly added tablets

Comment

Working...
                                X