Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Send ir from script in HS3

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Send ir from script in HS3

    Has the command for sending infrared signals in a script been removed in HS3?

    In HS2 I for instance used the code hs.SendIR("Device","Command") to send ir commands thru my GC 100-12 unit with the Global Cache plug-in. I am not able to find similar functions in HS3.

  • #2
    The IR interface in HS3 has gone completely, as has the X10 one. It is now up to individual plugins to handle scripting calls using hs.pluginfunction. I've downloaded the GC plugin and cannot see that it is mentioned in the help file what function you actually need to call or if indeed this has been enabled. It is not going to be as simple as the previous script command but you might just be able to get away with it in a single line of code.

    A workaround if you are desperate is to have one IR event per IR command and trigger those instead.

    You might want to put in a bugzilla report asking for the documentation to be updated or that feature to be explained.
    My Plugins:

    Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
    Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

    Comment


    • #3
      I'll put a SendIR into the plugin when I put out a new one..., that should be shortly as I'm starting debugging on that plugin.

      The command for it will read (hs.PluginFunction("Global Cache","",SendIR,{address, data})

      The address is the IP given to the device you wish to send to.
      The data is the command string you want to send to the device.

      This will be a straight pass through to the Global Cache device.
      Wade

      sigpic

      website | products | support | youtube
      I know nothing...., nothing!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Great, thanks.

        I updated to version 5.0.0.6, but I guess the command is not included yet, cause I can't get it to work.

        Have you added commands for sending serial data straight pass through the GC device also?

        Comment


        • #5
          What is the status on this matter? Will the global cache plugin support sending ir from scripts soon?

          Comment


          • #6
            What is the "SendIR" function name? Has that been added?

            I'm wondering the same thing... Events take too long to trigger IR commands. It would be much faster to either script them or be able to send single script commands via HSTouch buttons.

            I have not yet decided to purchase the Global Cache Plugin. If I can't script commands to it, I will probably look for another solution.

            Comment


            • #7
              I would just suggest to get Ultra's GCIR plugin and be done with it.

              Comment


              • #8
                How hard is it to script for? I am not well-versed in vb.net, but can program in old fashioned vb all-day-long.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
                  I'll put a SendIR into the plugin when I put out a new one..., that should be shortly as I'm starting debugging on that plugin.

                  The command for it will read (hs.PluginFunction("Global Cache","",SendIR,{address, data})

                  The address is the IP given to the device you wish to send to.
                  The data is the command string you want to send to the device.

                  This will be a straight pass through to the Global Cache device.
                  Any news on the SendIR script on the Global Cache plug-in ?
                  I try to call it by script , but it have error :

                  Global Cache Error Method SendIR does not exist in this plugin.

                  Thanks

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Kevin Lo View Post
                    Any news on the SendIR script on the Global Cache plug-in ?
                    I try to call it by script , but it have error :

                    Global Cache Error Method SendIR does not exist in this plugin.

                    Thanks
                    Are you using HS2 or HS3?
                    This should work.
                    hs.PluginFunction("Global Cache","","SendIR",{"ipaddress", "code"})
                    -Rupp
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      HS3... And I too get "Global Cache Error Method SendIR does not exist in this plugin."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by artstein View Post
                        HS3... And I too get "Global Cache Error Method SendIR does not exist in this plugin."
                        Post your line and let me see if I can see if there may be an issue.
                        -Rupp
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                          Are you using HS2 or HS3?
                          This should work.
                          hs.PluginFunction("Global Cache","","SendIR",{"ipaddress", "code"})
                          I am using
                          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.96 (Windows)
                          Global Cache Plugin 5.0.0.7

                          >> hs.PluginFunction("Global Cache","","SendIR",{"ipaddress", "code"})

                          For the code , is that mean the IR Code that capture by iLearner in GC format ?
                          Something like this :
                          sendir,1:1,1,38000,1,1,296,171,20,20,20,20,20,20,20,20,20,20 ,19,27,19,27,14,3818

                          But how to specific the Zone on iTach ? (I am using WF2IR , 3 zone at the back)

                          Thanks

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Now I get a different error...

                            Error Running script, script run or compile error in file: C:/Program Files (x86)/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/Test GC Plugin.txt1032:Invalid character in line 5 More info: Invalid character

                            Here's the line... (regular VB script)

                            hs.PluginFunction("Global Cache","","SendIR",{"192.168.0.220", "TV Power"})

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                              Post your line and let me see if I can see if there may be an issue.
                              See the screen capture.

                              Here is the script file :
                              Sub Main(parms as object)

                              hs.PluginFunction("Global Cache","","SendIR",{"172.16.0.169", "sendir,1:1,1,38000,1,1,296,171,20,20,20,20,20,20,20,20,20,2 0,19,27,19,27,14,3818"})

                              End Sub
                              Attached Files

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X