Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why dev managent page keeps loosing house codes

Hi,

Has anyone else noticed this? I find this very annoying espeacially now when I am converting my scripts and asp pages. Is there a way to show the ref ID in the dev managent page?

Not sure what you mean by disappear. Have you got all rooms checked at the top of the device management page?

You cannot view the ref in device management but it has been asked as a feature request in Bugzilla before.

Rather than use the ref directly in your aspx pages, you can use the Address and convert to ref:

Dim dvRef As Integer = hs.DeviceExistsAddress("<device address here>", False)
    If dvRef <> -1 then hs.SetDeviceString(dvRef,"Hello World",True)
    Jon

Comment

See the screen copy. I'm sure I have given the house codes (address in the screen copy below) for the devices that don't seem have it..
      Attached Files

Comment

I've seen something that's close to the opposite of this with HS3 a few times when devices won't delete.

I delete them in the device config and they disappear from the list but when HS3 is re-started they are back.

The last time this happened was a few days ago when I deleted 3 devices one by one. These were virtual devices that I created myself not plug-in owned devices.

I did get them to delete in the end but I had to select them all and use delete from the drop down.

From what I understand HS3 reads the database objects into memory from where they are then used and it writes back to the database. I expect that sometimes its not writing back to the database as its supposed to do hence changes not sticking.

I seem to remember HS2 using this same mechanism where you had to wait at least 5 minutes before shutting down after changing something to ensure it had been saved to the database.

Paul..

Comment

Yeah, this still happen to me all the time.

Mostly it is when I am updating a device, I make a change to the device type in the 2nd tab (advanced). If I just hit save it will lose the Device Code about 40% of the time, if I go back to the first tab where the device code is I never lose the code on save.

Comment

Are you guys putting in bugzilla tickets on these issues?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

There is already a ticket about the code field, #1243.
              stefxx

Comment

Working...
              X