No announcement yet.

Hs3 remove dead zwave nodes - Fixed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having trouble removing a dead node.
    I added a new device which then died before I could fully set it up.
    It now appears in my Node list - but not as a Device in the device list.
    As it is not in the device list I can't use the remove button in there.

Any ideas?

Comment

Bad Node Removed :-)

I attempted to remove a Bad Node by clicking the 'Remove Bad Node' button.

This failed.
      I seem to recall a feature of Z-wave optimisation that would remove bad nodes after so many failed attempts.

So i clicked Test Connectivity, this failed.
      I then clicked full optimize on the bad node and this failed.

I then clicked 'Remove Bad Node' again and it worked.

Checked in Z-Wave Controller Node Info, and the Node ID has gone, the devices are no longer in HS3.

Comment

As a last resort, you can backup the interface then edit that backup in notepad, removing the dead nodes (each node is a line in that file, with the node number as the identifier to start that line). Save the file and restore the interface to that file.

Again, last resort - but for the record I had to do this several times - I did a full optimize several times after.

Comment

This "successful" process for the "Removal of a bad node" still works today July 18 2018, as written by Techn0 (a long time ago). I was delightfully surprised to see the dead/bad node go away. Too bad this issue has never been fixed in software after a decade of not being fixed.
          --- STEPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL BAD NODE REMOVAL = use the root Zwave device: 1) Test connection = fail, 2) Full Optimization = Fail, 3) Click Remove Bad Node = Success

Comment

Working...
          X