Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Everspring sensors not supported in HS3 - Absolutely!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Everspring sensors not supported in HS3 - Absolutely!

I recently setup my z-wave network on HS3 (HS3 V3.0.0.54, zwave V3.0.0.60 using a z-troller interface). Setting up 19 wired was quick and painless. (I wired each into a custom pluggable electrical box near the interface and added each to the network using the HS3 add node function). After installing each device in correct location in the house, I did 4x optimizations of the network.

Then I acquired an everspring (home mangeables) ST814-2 sensor (thanks gmcafoos...I think). I reset the sensor (c/f 3x, followed by holding down c/f until beep stops), then went to the trusty add node function in the controller dropdown of the z-wave plugin, hit start, then put sensor in inclusion mode (c/f 3x). It seems to add, and creates 3 child devices (battery, temp, humidity). The problem is no child devices get updated, and the root device does not seem to be able to communicate with HS3.

After searching on the board, it looks like many have problems with battery powered z-wave, and specifically everspring sensors in hs3. Many posts report being able to add, but then child devices not updated. Are there any that have gotten everspring sensors to work with HS3? I only see correct settings for hs2.

Perhaps the ease of wired z-wave setup has spoiled me for configuring battery powered z-wave. So far I have spent more time on this one device, than on the 19 wired devices total, and it still does not work. What am I missing?
    Last edited by jlrichar; January 2, 2014, 05:11 PM. Reason: resolved

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

hi,

you have to specify how often you want the ST814 to update. i think it is paramter 6. default value is 0 which means never...

Comment

Originally posted by webjco View Post
      hi,

you have to specify how often you want the ST814 to update. i think it is paramter 6. default value is 0 which means never...
      Thanks. I'll give it a try in a little while, although I am not optimistic I can keep the device communicating with HS long enough to change parameter 6. Do I just keep triple tapping c/f?

BTW do you happen to know the units for the entry? Nanoseconds? Although minutes would make more sense.

Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue

Comment

Yes they are supported!

Seems to work perfectly. And to the question about whether these are supported in HS3. I have to say definitely yes. Once I knew what to do these were incredibly easy to install, and the HS plugin page does as much as possible to help with the install--even displaying the parameters to configure to get them to auto report. Nice job HST! And thank you webjco for the nudge in the right direction.

Comment

sorry for my short reply (it was 4 am here when I wrote it).

glad to see you made it...

value is time in minutes (as stated in the F manual ) and to keep it awake, just press 3 times on the association button.

but you already know that, so this is just in case somebody has the same problem.

thank you for being brave enough to test the Beta, I must confess I stopped after a few problems (PI not ready, events lost,...).

Comment

How do you change the parameters?

Comment

How do I get this to wake up to issue commands to it? I tried pressing the C/F button 3 times but it says communications failed to it. I went ahead and changed the wake up interval under settings but it states it make take a few hours for the device to wake up and the command will be queued to it.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X