Anyone else getting these errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am seeing this error every now and then.
    I was hoping this was behind us.

Jan-03 5:37:59 PM Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Basement Mechanical Room Light

Anyone else getting this?
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Blade

Same issue here.. Also for single device events. And strangly the device turns on normally

REgards

Bart
    Regards Bart
    ------------------------------------------
    Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
    HSPRO 3.
    Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Nope - I don't have a basement!

Just kidding - I have lots of things in my log that are new and make no sense - but things seem to work.

Comment

Yeah, I see these quite a bit. For me there are a couple of devices which seems to experience this.

In one case it is a Fibaro device where I have verified it has older firmware than some of the others so I' m wondering if it is simply that it does not send it's status back to HS or perhaps in a different format.

In all cases though the commands do seem to go through to the devices even though HS3 says it failed.
        Nicolai L

Comment

I get these intermittently as well.
          I would guess it's due to the return Ack not being seen, so the command does get there and either HS doesn't get the confirmation back or "misplaces" it.
          Might indicate a borderline RF return route to the device (I believe the routes are async), sun spots, or just a Zwave device with a bad attitude that day

Z

Comment

I get those messages also on other than fibaro devices. Such as everspring eu plugin switches.

Bart
            Regards Bart
            ------------------------------------------
            Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
            HSPRO 3.
            Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

These really cause havoc because if you rely on motion to turn on a light and you get the zwave error then it is frustrating because you are in the dark. Then on the next motion it mostly turns it on.
              Hope this gets fixed shortly. It is the only real issue I am having with HS3
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

I'm allways getting these errors, and it's a different device everytime.

1/7/2014 8:51:08 PM ~!~Z-Wave Error~!~Failed sending Z-Wave command to some nodes of a multi-node "All" command. Failed to send to: 37
                1/7/2014 10:31:19 PM ~!~Z-Wave Error~!~Failed sending Z-Wave command to some nodes of a multi-node "All" command. Failed to send to: 17
                https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                  These really cause havoc because if you rely on motion to turn on a light and you get the zwave error then it is frustrating because you are in the dark. Then on the next motion it mostly turns it on.
                  Hope this gets fixed shortly. It is the only real issue I am having with HS3
                  Is there a Bugzilla ticket on this issue? If not you need to put one in or the HS techs will most likely never know about the issue.
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I've been seeing these as well, causing some issues here with the motion sensors

Comment

Bug #1432 entered
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

I'm glad that this was logged because I have been seeing this for some time. This morning I turned on a device through the touchscreen and it went on. I then turned it off immediately and it continued to show on. So I checked the polling status - it was set to 0. Not that this should matter because turning it off should have updated the status to off immediately. So I changed it to 60 seconds and waited - still didn't show off. So I checked the homeseer log and about three minutes after the original off command was sent it showed the Failed sending to node error. I rescanned the node and it updated just fine and now everything is fine. I have a large network of wave devices in the house so I do not think this is a routing issue. As the other posters have indicated, it does appear to be quite random which node does this.

The only thing I can see in my setup that needs attention is that I have some nodes that have been unplugged but not deleted from homeseer. Does that throw things off? I assumed the network maintenance running every night will account for that. Should I delete them because they could be screwing things up?

Comment

Working...
                        X