Event triggered by device - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event triggered by device - Solved!

For some reason I can't seem to figure out how to do this with HS3. Basically I want an event to be triggered when an Insteon switch is turned on. As shown below I created a test event. Chose "IF this device had it's value set to..." then chose the device. As you can see below it gives me 3 options for is set to. Out of the 3 only 1 seems to fit"Enter a custom value or value change" but what do it put for the custom value. In HS2 in the "set to" drop down box i could chose the value I wanted Ex; On, Off 50% ... ect. Am I missing the obvious. With HS3 there is to boxes I can enter value and I tried to type on or off but it doesn't accept it.
    Attached Files

This is one of the biggest changes in HS3. Unfortunately not every device treats device value the same. Some Z-Wave switches treat on as 99 others 100. Most X10 devices are 100 for on 0 for off. To get rid of the X10 underpinnings HS3 went this route. I use for most of my device triggers "IF Unknown Living Room Lamp just had its value set or changed." You could try the 100 or you could use a custom range ie 90 to 100. Experiment a bit and I think there are enough options now to get the job done. The issue is its not as intuitive as it once was.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Event triggered by device

Isn't "on" the same as "not 0"?

Comment

There is no concept of status in HS3, and therefore no standard as to what value means "on", "off", "dim 50%", etc. This is defined by the creator of the device. If that is a plugin (X10, z-wave, Insteon, etc.) then that plugin defines what the values mean. If a device is properly defined, those values of "on" and "off" will show up in the event drop down. That definition can be viewed (and changed) on the "Status Graphics" tab of the device edit page. But you should still be able to use the actual value. To see the value of a device, check out the "Advanced" tab of the device edit page. It will show the current value as well as the text equivalent ("on", "off", etc.) if defined.

Bill

Comment

Here's a screen shot for an X10 device.
          Attached Files
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Turns out it was an issue with the ISY plugin and the author fixed it. All seems well now.

Comment

Working...
            X