I want to change temperature unit to "Celsius"

Anyone help me? Tks~

Comment

Originally posted by stccmaya View Post
      Hi,

I have an EnviR (CC128) but this temperature unit is "Fahrenheit"

I want to change temperature unit to "Celsius"

Anyone help me? Tks~
      I missed this I think your post was probably awaiting approval, I've had a look and there does not appear to be an option for this. In reality I don't think the temp sensor was particularly accurate in any case so it is probably not worth using - it is the temp at the EnviR rather than at the current clamp so it is basically your room temperature.

Comment

I'd like to connect to my envir over a remote TCP port rather than a local usb port. I've connected the envir to a remote raspberry pi running ser2net. Can the plugin be configured to talk to an IPort or does anyone know of some windows 10 software where I can have a virtual comport connecting to a remote TCP connection?

Comment

Originally posted by codey View Post
          I'd like to connect to my envir over a remote TCP port rather than a local usb port. I've connected the envir to a remote raspberry pi running ser2net. Can the plugin be configured to talk to an IPort or does anyone know of some windows 10 software where I can have a virtual comport connecting to a remote TCP connection?
          I use the free Lantronix software: https://www.lantronix.com/products/com-port-redirector/
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
            Thanks for this, I've installed the software, but can't get it to connect, please could you share your settings with me?

Comment

Thanks for this, I've installed the software, but can't get it to connect, please could you share your settings with me?
              I don't use it with that exact setup so not sure how relevant my settings would be. I have a couple of com ports on a Global Cache device that I used with it and looking at the settings, each port is configured differently. Make sure ports are allowed through any firewalls/firewall software and that the serial port settings match on the Windows and pi side. Any warnings/errors when trying to connect? Have you used the monitor software with it to see what may be up?

Comment

When I try to connect it says port opened then port closed. If I telnet to the IP and port that Ser2net is using I can see the data, so it should be able to see it fine. In the monitor software I get a message saying connection_Invalid, then IO_Timeout

Comment

When I try to connect it says port opened then port closed. If I telnet to the IP and port that Ser2net is using I can see the data, so it should be able to see it fine. In the monitor software I get a message saying connection_Invalid, then IO_Timeout
                  As sparkman says it would be far easier to use COM port emulator software rather than make changes to the plugin. I use to use my device with the Comtrol Devicemaster units so it does work with emulated serial port software just fine. Indeed I remember in dim and distant past that I managed to connect to Sparkmans unit in Canada and it worked just fine over the internet for some several thousand miles.

I've attached the software that I think Al sent to me and it might work with ser2net I have not tried myself...I would've thought there was a serial to IP protocol was standard but who knows.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                    Indeed I remember in dim and distant past that I managed to connect to Sparkmans unit in Canada and it worked just fine over the internet for some several thousand miles.
                    Yup, we had that working for a while, which still surprises me how well it worked given the latency over that distance

Comment

mrhappy - I've been super...er...happy with your plugin for at least 6 years (per history), but I took my eye off the ball and the batteries in the Envi panel unit died a few months ago. The system apparently pushed in an average use for a few months (which is fine) but then I unplugged the remote to replace the D cell batteries, that took several days to arrive in the mail, and then I have essentially zero usage for 3 days. Which bugs me. Is there a way to edit the historical data? My gut feel is that this is in the Envi unit itself and not feasible but I figured I'd ask.

Comment

Originally posted by centerisland View Post
                        mrhappy - I've been super...er...happy with your plugin for at least 6 years (per history), but I took my eye off the ball and the batteries in the Envi panel unit died a few months ago. The system apparently pushed in an average use for a few months (which is fine) but then I unplugged the remote to replace the D cell batteries, that took several days to arrive in the mail, and then I have essentially zero usage for 3 days. Which bugs me. Is there a way to edit the historical data? My gut feel is that this is in the Envi unit itself and not feasible but I figured I'd ask.
                        There are two data sources, one is the data the Envi unit itself generates and another is the stuff the plugin generates. Both get put into a SQLite database, the former data just gets stored to display later and the latter gets added so calculations can be made.

I suspect it is the data that I generate that shows as zero as the data in the unit has no date stamp and it is unlikely that it knows that it was off. If you want to edit the database you can do, the database is the cc.db3 file in your main HS directory. You can edit it in something like SQLite Browser or https://sqliteonline.com/ . My SQL is not particularly strong to advise on a suitable query to manually input three days worth of data I'm afraid but you might be able to get away with manually adding one entry for each day and see what it calculates. I'd create a backup of the DB though incase you do something that causes a wider issue.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                          If you want to edit the database you can do, the database is the cc.db3 file in your main HS directory. You can edit it in something like SQLite Browser or https://sqliteonline.com/ . My SQL is not particularly strong to advise on a suitable query to manually input three days worth of data I'm afraid but you might be able to get away with manually adding one entry for each day and see what it calculates. I'd create a backup of the DB though incase you do something that causes a wider issue.
                          Great! I will try that this week and report back - success or failure!

Comment

And...that SQL database is confusing me. There's one table (CCInst) that has multiple values per day for literally years - I can easily find the place where the values stopped changing but (and this is the odd part) they continue through the period where the unit was disconnected _without changing_. Yet the graphs show a distinct change.

Then there are Day, Hour, and Month history files, all 0-9. Those have a set of OuterXML/Wattage pairs - I have no idea what to change there.

So...at this point...I'm not sure what changing CCInst would do since the data THERE doesn't change during the period I want to "fix". Those three days have now scrolled off of the this week / last week comparison so...they'll just get reflected in the monthly summary - which hasn't been accurate for a few months anyway.

And...I had an electrician out this week to prepare for a generator install and he pointed out my Envi is only on one of my two 200a panels! So all this time I thought I was getting accurate info...I was leaving off a separate panel with 8 more breakers.

Net - thank you for your help, I'm going to let this go.

Comment

Is anyone running this plugin in HS4? Any issues?

Thanks
                              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I know this is a long shot as this plugin is long since deprecated....

My ancient EnviR is still functioning and so I am running the HS3 Current Cost 3P plugin on my HS4 Pro Hometroller. It functions well, except, I have finally noticed that the 'Current Cost Days to Log Live' function does not appear to be working, i.e. The CCInst table in cc.db3 continues to grow forever.

With 10 days of live data, in addition to the standard stuff, the cc.db3 file should be around 0.500MB, what I found after 18 months on HS4 was 22MB. While not really an issue with regard to disk space, the plugin was using 30+% CPU updating the table every minute (perhaps explaining so slow ZWave device responses?).

So has anyone else seen this and perhaps has a workaround? I have a suspicion it might be tied to the configured date format in the Hometroller, but testing that would probably break a bunch of other scripts. TIA

Best Regards

Comment

Working...
                                X