HS3 Events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Events

At the moment I am trying to get my head arround the HS3 event logic.
    One thing I am trying to do right now is use the status of a light in a room to determine if the room is used by someone at that moment.
    For example, if the lights in the bathroom are On (and with On I mean On or Dimmed) for longer than two minutes then I assume that someone is taking a shower. Based on the fact that the bathroom is in use I want to do some actions like turn on the fan and bathroom TV.
    Now when I look at the " been/for at least" "and "been/for exactly" (not sure what the exact difference is between the two) triggers I am unable to put in a range that represents all value's but off. I think this something that I would need if I want to trigger on every possible Dim level.
    I could do a delayed trigger using " this device has its value set and is not equal to off" But then I would need to build in event logic that terminates this delayed event when the light turned off within two minutes. Because than I assume that someone whas in the Bathroom just to grab something, and not to take a shower or a bath.

At the moment I don't find most of the event triggers al that self explanatory, so some more detailed documentation on them would be very welcome if you asked me..

thanks for thinking with me on this one..

Martijn.

Anyone who can shine some light on this one? I am not the only one with this issue am I?

thanks again?

Martijn.

Comment

Still struggeling with Events in HS3. Does detailed documentation exist in the area? Can someone think with me on the issue I stated in the first post?

Comment

I just transitioned to HS3 and have to figure out the logic. It may take a day or two but I hope to put up some examples once I get things working.

Comment

It shouldn't be that hard. Se up one event that tests the light has been on for at least 2 minutes, turn on what you need turned on.
          Set up a second event that tests the light goes to off and turn off what you need turned off. If the tv and or fan are not on then the off commands will not have an effect.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

That is what I did in HS2.
            "been/for at least" " or "been/for exactly" just seemd to be a better fit since this would only take one event. Its just seems strange that I cannot use a range in those triggers, which I can in others.
            I also still do not completely understand all the triggers and their differences.
            A reference guide with an exact description per trigger would be very welcome.
            "been/for at least" and "Been/for exactly" are great examples... What is the exact difference between the two? And there are more like them which are not completely self explanatory.

Comment

Originally posted by martinisoft View Post
              That is what I did in HS2.
              "been/for at least" " or "been/for exactly" just seemd to be a better fit since this would only take one event. Its just seems strange that I cannot use a range in those triggers, which I can in others.
              I also still do not completely understand all the triggers and their differences.
              A reference guide with an exact description per trigger would be very welcome.
              "been/for at least" and "Been/for exactly" are great examples... What is the exact difference between the two? And there are more like them which are not completely self explanatory.
              Just an opinion here. 'Been/for at least' could trigger multiple times as long as nothing resets the device or condition you are checking, while 'been/for exactly' should only trigger once.

For example:

If A1 has been ON for at least 2 mins then... would trigger when A1 has been on for 2 mins and would continue to trigger every second unless A1 went not ON.

whereas:

If A1 has been ON for exactly 2 mins then... would trigger when A1 has been on for 2 mins but would not re-trigger until A1 went not ON and then back ON for 2 mins.

I could of course have it all wrong! And be more confused than usual...

Regards
              Michael
              Regards,
              Michael

HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

Comment

Originally posted by Fuddy View Post
                Just an opinion here. 'Been/for at least' could trigger multiple times as long as nothing resets the device or condition you are checking, while 'been/for exactly' should only trigger once.

For example:

If A1 has been ON for at least 2 mins then... would trigger when A1 has been on for 2 mins and would continue to trigger every second unless A1 went not ON.

whereas:

If A1 has been ON for exactly 2 mins then... would trigger when A1 has been on for 2 mins but would not re-trigger until A1 went not ON and then back ON for 2 mins.

I could of course have it all wrong! And be more confused than usual...

Regards
                Michael
                This looks like a pretty plausible explanation to me, I'll test this in the next couple of days.. I'd still like to be able to add a value range to this trigger though.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuddy View Post

When you say "went not ON" do you mean off?
                  Hector
                  MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                  AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                    When you say "went not ON" do you mean off?
                    It could also include "Unknown" which zwave devices do sporatically.
                    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Working...
                    X