Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtual Device in HS3 - First Attempt

Hi All,

I'm having trouble with my first attempt at creating a virtual device. I'm using HS3 with Z-Wave devices only... my goal is to have a simple virtual device that I can set to "On" when I'm away from the house, and "Off" when home.

So I manually added a device called "Away"... I can easily set it to "On" or "Off" from my Home screen. I then created a couple of events that should trigger when motion is detected and my "Away" device is On. To try and keep this short, my events only work when I bypass the conditions associated with my virtual device (Away). Any thoughts?

The 3 images are (1) the virtual device "Away", (2) verifying that "Away" is "On", and (3) an event that's not triggering even when "Away" is set to "On" (but will always trigger if I bypass the group condition). I'm guessing that my virtual device is the issue, but I'm hoping someone here might have some advice.

Thanks for any help!
    Attached Files

Several people have reported that Group Conditions are broken in release .55 of HS3. A bug has been submitted, and hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response... I'll keep my eyes open for an updated release. I should've thought to test it earlier (I assumed the problem was with the virtual device itself), but removing the group condition from the events and manually adding that same check within the events works fine. So yes... it's definitely an issue with Group Conditions within .55.

All the best!
      Last edited by RockLobster; January 19, 2014, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X