Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too Many Scripts Running

Hi Guys,

I have three events, each set to run every 2.5 minutes (with a cannot re-trigger for 2.5 minutes) and only allow a single instance to run.

Every now and again when I look at my log I get entries like the below, is anyone else having problems with events not following their recurring intervals, or something going haywire?

Event Log:

PHP Code:
    Jan-24 8:27:45 PM           Script     Jon00RCCNM_MonitorHS3.vben
    Jan
    -24 8:27:45 PM           Script     C:\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\Jon00RCCNMHS3_A.vben
    Jan
    -24 8:27:45 PM           Script     C:\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\Jon00RCCNMHS3_A.vben
    Jan
    Jan
    Jan
    Jan
    -24 8:27:45 PM           Script     Jon00RCCNM_MonitorHS3.vben
    Jan
    -24 8:27:45 PM           Script     C:\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\Jon00RCCNM_MonitorHS3.vben
    Jan
    Jan
    Jan
    Jan
    Jan
    Jan
    Jan
    Jan
    -24 8:27:45 PM           Script     C:\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\Jon00CumulusWeather.vben
    Jan
    Jan
    Jan
    Jan
    Jan
    Jan
    Jan
    Jan
    Jan
    Jan
    -24 8:27:45 PM           Script     Jon00RCCNM_MonitorHS3.vben
    Jan
    Jan
    Jan
    Jan
    Jan
    Jan
    Jan
    Jan
    Jan
    Jan
    Jan
    Jan
    Jan
    Jan
    Jan
    Jan
    -24 8:27:45 PM           Warning     The following scripts are running:
    Jan-24 8:27:45 PM           Error     Too many scripts runningcannot run scriptJon00RCCNM_MonitorHS3.vben 
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

You may want to post this in Jon00 forum as it looks like it's an issue with one of his scripts.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

There is no issue with the scripts. I've already had email communications with Travis on this.

If you set an event to trigger a script with only one script instance, then the log message posted cannot happen...unless there is a bug.

That said, Travis is also having issues with time/date formats...so his install my be screwed.
      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
        That said, Travis is also having issues with time/date formats...so his install my be screwed.
        Ok, Thanks for checking on this.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I also have this issue some time now. Even with one instance checked. But this happens always at the same time at 7:34 for about 2 minutes that generates ca 200 entrys. Only running johns cumulus script as far as i know. Maybe a plugin?

Regards

Bart
          Regards Bart
          ------------------------------------------
          Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
          HSPRO 3.
          Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

I am getting close to doing a full reinstall of Homeseer to see if that makes any difference, is there an easy way to not have to redo everything again (e.g. can I copy the DB back, or might that bring the error's back?)

I don't believe the bug to be in Jon00's scripts, but I wanted to see if anyone else was finding the same bugs as I did.
            HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Comment

Travis,

Try the following.

Rather than running the script directly, run it via an immediate script command using the runscriptfunc command

i.e.

&hs.Runscriptfunc("Jon00RCCNMHS3_A.vben","Network","",False, True)

If this works, then I would say there is a bug in HS3
              Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the tip, I had not seen your post but will give it a go and see how it pans out. It was definatally a case of the event log queue becoming to big which eventually causes HS3 to come to a grinding halt (the too many scripts, and event cannot trigger error messages), this has a carry on affect which then causes the plugins to become non-responsive and bring the whole HS system down .

I did also find that I think something is going on with my HSTouch system, as when it is on it brings the system to a slow down, but when it is off the system is much more responsive (irrespective of the too many scripts issue)

Comment

Hi Jon,

Not sure if I am doing something wrong, but I have the script set to run as Immediate command like below,

&hs.Runscriptfunc("Jon00RCCNMHS3_A.vben","Network","",False, True)

but I am getting the following errors in the log (one appears to suggest it cant be run since it is already running which is fine, the other suggests the script function call is wrong but I cant work out what would be wrong .

Jan-27 12:09:37 PM Error Running script(1) &hs.Runscriptfunc("Jon00RCCNMHS3_A.vben","Network","",False, True)("Network"), init error: Type mismatch

Jan-27 12:09:37 PM Warning Not running script since its already running: Jon00RCCNMHS3_A.vben Single instance option enabled in event properties

Thanks Jon.

Comment

Travis,

Have you left "Network" in the normal script parameters text box? If so remove it. Looks like another HS3 bug as this should be ignored if you run an immediate script command.
                    Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon, Apparently I am doing well with the bugs at the moment. I seem to have a habit of finding the bugs in my system not working lol.

Thanks again for your help, Deleting the event and recreating them seems to have solved the problem, and interestingly I did note that I get a lot of comments in my log about not running the script as the single instance comment is checked.

Jan-28 9:41:33 AM Warning Not running script since its already running: Jon00RCCNMHS3_A.vben Single instance option enabled in event properties
                      At least it is modulating the script now, as in the bug not resulting in multiple copies running

Comment

To be honest, I do not understand why the script should be running so long for that message to happen. The script is multi threaded and should complete within 10 seconds (UPNP disabled) with up to 200 devices. It should not be taking over 2.5 minutes!

I'm currently monitoring about 40 devices, polled every minute. Script execution is 7 seconds here. I've never had a error message once. Most odd.
                        Jon

Comment

Just doublechecked, uPNP is off, ping count is 3, there is not really anything I can see that would be causing it, ping timeout is 125 and I only have 51 devices being monitored (some are DHCP dynamic others static).

Comment

John,

My issue with to many scripts running has disappeared, i disabled bllan for a while. And dont see the errors anymore. Tonight i will enable it again to be sure this is de cause of my issue.

In addition a bit off topic but the cumulus values are not displayed in the device browse in hstouch. Why is that? Is it not a devicestring?

Regards

Bart
                            Regards Bart
                            ------------------------------------------
                            Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
                            HSPRO 3.
                            Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

I don't use HSTouch but yes it is a devicestring which does contain HTML code.
                              Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X