ZIR000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZIR000

I noticed that ZIR000 motion sensors no longer work in HS3. I see some motion and no motion updates in the logs but the home screen does not reflect this. I also noticed that the updates in the logs come from the root node and not from the motion child node. It seems like HS3 has the root and child node in reverse order. Please advise.

Originally posted by CodeSavant View Post
    I noticed that ZIR000 motion sensors no longer work in HS3. I see some motion and no motion updates in the logs but the home screen does not reflect this.
    If you are getting messages in the log, then the signal is getting to HomeSeer, but the device apparently had a problem being created. I would delete all of the child devices, then go to the root device, device properties, Z-Wave tab, and click "Rescan" after you wake the device up. Let it rebuild the child devices and then see if it starts working properly.
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Oh, and if it does not build devices properly or work properly, having the log entries from the rescan would help a LOT.
      Regards,

Comment

Logs

Here's my logs where it shows that the motion/no motion triggers are occurring at the root level instead of the child:
        Device: Nook Ground Motion Sensor Root Status set to OFF/CLOSED/NO MOTION
        Device: Nook Ground Motion Sensor Root Status set to ON/OPEN/MOTION

Rick, I took your suggestion further and actually removed the entire node and re-added it back and still no dice.

I'm looking forward to this fix.

Thanks!

Comment

Well I'm afraid I cannot fix it without knowing what is failing here. It is an ancient device and I do not have one around, so I need to have the log from when the device was scanned/added - those two entries showing the control only confirm the issue. The log from when it was scanned or imported would show manufacturer information, errors, issues, etc. which I can then use to fix the issue. If that is not enough, then I will find one or get one to work with, but I need to first see the log to know if there is an issue I can address right away.

Open a Bugzilla ticket and add the log lines to the ticket.
          Regards,

Comment

Working...
          X