Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got a K8055 - lots of nice ports and MrHappy (Adam) was kind enough to let me have his code.

Now in full disclosure this ISN'T just an upgrade - the way I use HomeSeer is to talk to individual room PCs (actually NetBooks) which run MediaPortal and this is my desired usage.

But this version DOES work with >>multiple boards<< and also will take >>asynchronous changes<< to the K8055 inputs.

I haven't had this lock up over a couple of days running on a test PC - so looks good!

I intend to use this to make cheaper (and simpler*) inputs like PIR and outputs (directly runs mains level solid state Triacs).

(*I use Z-Wave, Lightwave etc. but find these are FAR too complicated when used with the super flexible HomeSeer.)

So HomeSeer has a NetK8055 plugin (the Server HS sub folder) and the room PC runs a separate program (the Client PC sub folder).

These communicate across TCP/IP using port 8055 (why not).

Additionally the link has a common HSPI library I use.

Should you wish to 'nail' the two (Server & Client) together to make directly [USB] connected K8055's to the HomeSeer PC you'd just need to remove the TCP/IP code really.

Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!

Comment

Is this plug-in available for HS4?

It is not listed when using HS4 Plugins > Add.

Comment

Issue resolved.
        Plugin is Windows only, not Linux. Hence why it does not show up on my Home Troller Pi.

Comment

Working...
        X